A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
408 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pen holder  (Read 2759 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« on: June 03, 2006 10:12:40 AM »

I carry my stories-in-progress in a big 3 ring binder.  I used to clip a pen to the middle ring, but it wasn't a secure way to keep it there; the pen clips would eventually break off.  If I tuck a pen in the inner pocket of the binder, it stretches the plastic pocket and slips out.  I wanted a way to keep pens with the binder, so I made up a pen holder.

I used the lined zipper pocket tutorial (available in the Purses/Bags section).  Then I sewed about an inch and a half from the bottom, from one end to the other.  I lined up and marked where the three rings of the binder would clip together, and then I put in three grommets.  Voila!  Secure and pretty pen holder.

Since it came out a bit big, I added not just two pens but a tiny bottle of glitter that I got from goatgoddess as part of a swap - she marked it with an I for "inspiration."  So now I carry my inspiration with me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Penguinhorde
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006 10:34:17 AM »

That's a great idea - saves on carrying more bags etc than absolutely necessary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aytchjay
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006 11:09:33 AM »

I thought it was cool even before I realized that it clips into the binder! Awesome idea. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyGroovy3

Ha Ha Ha - but only soft ones...with hard bits in!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006 06:18:46 AM »

ha ha ha, ive boght 2  of them agessssssssssssssssssssss ago from staples. never thought of makin 1
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scoople
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006 04:53:30 AM »

oo i love that material ! i some like it but vinyl its only a little piece never thought of making a pencil case out of it damn my lack of ideas !

xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AriesEJ
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006 09:18:32 AM »

That so cool you have "stories in progress"!
I love the pencil holder.  I've bought crappy plastic ones and just didn't dig them.  I love what you've done!Your idea is inspirational!  I could change them out as my mood/season changes!

One question though: with such a cool pencil holder what do you have for the outside of the binder?
What about the divider?
Have a good day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006 10:17:27 AM »

That so cool you have "stories in progress"!
I love the pencil holder.  I've bought crappy plastic ones and just didn't dig them.  I love what you've done!Your idea is inspirational!  I could change them out as my mood/season changes!

One question though: with such a cool pencil holder what do you have for the outside of the binder?
What about the divider?
Have a good day!

Thanks a million, everybody, for the nice comments!!  The bulk of this project came from the lined zipper pouch tute; I coulnd't have done without it.

On the outside, it's a white binder with clear plastic sleeves on the front and back so that you can slide in cover pages.  I switch them out pretty frequently; I have made a handful of collages on thick cardstock.  It's a fun way to play around with the binder when I don't feel like actually sitting down and doing hte writing work!   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006 07:15:03 AM »

I am so stealing borrowing this idea for someone who has wisted this!!  Great ideas come from need!! You rock, babe!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2006 03:55:14 PM »

Awesome idea! I'm a pen and pencil nut and have literally hundreds so I'm always trying to find a cool keeper for my binder for the new school year....and now I can make my own!! Wonderful job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
justforme
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006 03:12:05 AM »

Awesome idea. My daughter just went back to school and guess what I am making her?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. -Indian saying.

True regret is not what you've done but what you have not done.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Advanced Tracking - Shake 4.1
How to Create Heat Displacement - Shake 4.1
How to Create an Animation - SideFX Houdini
How to Use the Copy SOP - SideFX Houdini
How to Use Metaballs - SideFX Houdini
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...