A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October 5th News Announcement:  New Featured Projects posted!  Congratulate these artists for being selected!
Total Members: 308,408
Currently Running With Scissors:
316 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: An organizer for scrub pockets...(a.k.a. pocket pal, pocket pouch)  (Read 4215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008 12:52:24 PM »

I forgot to mention, for the font I used "Santa's Sleigh" as my inspiration. It's my new favorite Smiley
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008 12:18:39 AM »

Can you post piece dimensions?
This is 6" tall by about 5.5" wide. I did French seams which cut it down a little. Next time I'll probably just go with a zig-zag stitch instead for strength.

Thank you!  I love this idea!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008 02:30:42 PM »

Well I used this for the first time today at my clinicals. The main problem I had was that it's 1) not tall enough, and 2) way too flimsy!  Next time I'll either use some kind of fabric stiffener or I'll just use stiffer fabric. I was talking my my teacher (who I got this idea from) and she said that she uses a material that's orginally intended for parachutes. It's reinforced so it doesn't fray like normal cotton or other fabrics do. It's also a little stiffer.
Just wanted to let y'all know as a warning! On the plus side my pockets didn't become a jumbled mess, hehe.
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I heart SLB...He's dreamy!

Fo Shizzle, yo...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008 07:24:44 PM »

Thanks for the tute!

L: "Don't leave your dirty package on the table."
C: "If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that..."

I WIST I had all these super cool things!

See you in the clouds, sweet little Jackson.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008 09:41:08 PM »

Oooooo, I might have to try this!!  I am CONSTANTLY losing pens!  Thank you!!
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008 04:21:58 PM »

I'm glad that tute made sense! I haven't gotten around to making another one of these yet that's more substantial. I'm in my last semester of nursing school, so time is at a premium! Hopefully I'll find some time and energy soon to try this again. If anyone else makes one feel free to post it here, I'd love to see how other add their touch.

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008 02:41:40 AM »

what an awesome idea! my sister-in-law is a nurse and is just starting. Think she would love something like this. So thank you for the TUTE Smiley per your suggestion I will use maybe some interfacing, never worked with stiffner? YEAH!!!!!! you did a great job and love the way you painted? on the name:)

What do you think of fabric stiffner? is it liquid?

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008 06:46:24 AM »

polKadOt_iT, thanks for compliments! Yes, I painted the name on there and the flower.
As far as stiffner I've seen a liquid kind that you brush on and let dry. Like this one called Stiffy (ok, I'm trying not to giggle like a 12 year old boy here).
I did find a craft site that shows you how to make it yourself from glue and water.

I've never used fabric stiffener, so I'm not 100% sure it's right for this project. I noticed on the one my teacher made that she put binding on the top edges of her pockets and around the whole thing so I think maybe that would help it have more support to stand up.
Hope that helps Smiley
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008 07:26:58 AM »

Great job.  I love organization ideas!
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008 01:43:30 PM »

I love this, what a great idea! I will have to use your idea and make one for my brother the nurse.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket
October 19, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Vanilla Extract

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...