A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,115
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow of Fabrics Summer Festival Dress!!  (Read 13680 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eenodol
« on: June 02, 2006 09:22:06 PM »

Ooh!  A pretty dress for me to wear to Bonnaroo!  I used a pattern for this (can't find it) but ended up making a bunch of changes, especially after I thought I finished it.  Sorry the pictures are so crappy.  My (roommates) camera died so these are all I have.  The giant glare is the flash reflecting off the top of my sewing machine, since that's where I sat it down.  Blahg.

That big wrinkle's not really there, I think it just got a bit jacked up funny during the photo.

Sorry for the boob shot, but it show the colors best.  The zipper came out a little weird, but it was my first try at a zipper and I misunderstood the zipper foot.  All in all, I'm pretty happy with it though.  Yay!  Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
barefootchick

beloved daughter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006 09:33:43 PM »

*salivates* oh my...... gorgeous pattern, gorgeous colors.... not to mention it looks gorgeous on you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kelly
And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. - Kahlil Gibran

my blog
mixi
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006 11:07:00 PM »

*salivates* oh my...... gorgeous pattern, gorgeous colors.... not to mention it looks gorgeous on you. Smiley

i second it!
girl, do you have ANY idea how flattering this is on you?Huh  HOT MAMA!!
i cant find one little thing about it that i dont like, anything i'd change, pattern, colour, length (and i'm VEERY picky!!!).
girl, you are gonna ROCK THE HOUSE!  all you need is a nice necklace, some summery slippers and your off!  please post a picture of when you wear it out!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewlittletime

Pink frosting is wunnerful, dahlink!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006 12:56:10 AM »

I agree! That is just GORGEOUS on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anniefee
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006 07:17:46 AM »

oh my gosh! i have to ditto what everyone else has said - so pretty, so flattering, so well made, and so perfect for bonnaroo! looks comfy, too. have fun festivalizing in your pretty creation. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
Amanelle
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006 03:39:35 PM »

It looks amazing and the colors go great together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_anarchy
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006 06:11:57 PM »

Truly fabulous!  I love the colors, it looks beautiful on you and so festive (and very nicely sewn too)! 
Have a wonderful time wearing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
rilana

Punk Rock Knitter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006 07:05:01 PM »

Ooooooh, I love your dress. I am a busty/large girl and I never thought of wearing something strapless. This makes me rethink the idea. I must have a dress similar to this...It's beautiful.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbiegrrl
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006 10:28:13 PM »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you maybe put up a TUTE for this dress??! It's so hard to find somethign so flattering for women of a "Womanly" size....It is gorgeous. Or if you can't do a tute, could you let me borrow the one you made? lol
j/k
abbiegrrl Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's SO not about me.
eenodol
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006 10:08:19 PM »

Thank you so much for all the compliments!  I feel special  Grin

With my big boobs, I too haven't really had a lot of experience with strapless tops.. I read once in a magazine that no one over a C cup should wear tube tops, and I think I kind of took that to heart... However after making this dress and a few other strapless tops, I've got to say.. It's fabulous!  It feels AWESOME not to have straps digging into my shoulders!  The dress just slip just a little, but as long as I make sure it's up nice and high it the back and I don't jump up and down, it actually does pretty good! (I've made some apron tops that tie in the back, and they stay up really well!) I'm thing about maybe running some elastic right through the very top of the bodice.. I think that might help it stay up more securely.

As for a tute, I did use a pattern for this, New Look 6588 veiw C (had to search for it! Smiley) I got it at walmart for under $2.  I ended up taking the front drape off and taking in the top a whole lot though.  There was a crazy amount of ease!  And the drape looked.. well.. terribe.  It made my boobs look even more massive. 

I found the link to the pattern, in case anyone's interested:

http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/patterns/sewingpatterns.pl?patternid=12256

It's quite simple.  I'm note sure if I can post detailed information about the pattern because its still for sale, but it's really just a simple bodice made with three pieces (front, 2 side/back) and a whole bunch of bell shaped pieces for the skirt.  11, I believe.  If anyone else gets the pattern and makes it, or tries to draft a pattern herself, I would love to see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Banana-Coconut Smoothie Doubles as a Healthy Hair Mask
Busting The Top 5 Hair Care Myths
Julia Roberts’ Amazing Updo from the 2001 Oscars
Bun and Sparkly Headband Hair Tutorial
Retro Futuristic Hairstyles at Delpozo NYFW 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #97-Container Crafting
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...