A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Unconditional Swap June  (Read 7594 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 02, 2006 10:56:15 AM »

PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS AND RULES VERY CAREFULLY!

Swap name: Unconditional Swap June
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: hertrigger (Organizers will change every month)
Sign-up date range: June 1 - June 30
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? Yes, but make sure your parents are okay with it and that you'll have a ride to the post office!
Organizer is aware of users with negative feedback and will not allow those members to participate: Yes

For those of you who joined this swap in May:
Feel free to post any 3 wishes you please (AFTER you've been APPROVED), they do not have to be the same as last month!

Please remember to send in the form even if you had a list in April. I am a new organizer, and I don't have your information!

You must PM the organizer when you repost your list, so she knows that you have done so and can check it. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than your wishlist and a little bit of info about you, any questions or comments can go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0

SWAP DETAILS

-- Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable; it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!

-- Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design, etc)

-- Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.

-- The catch to this is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except a thank you. That is why it's called an unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, I'm sure everyone will receive something.

-- Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change. This month (June 1 - June 30) is hertrigger. From the first of every other month, a new organizer will be in charge.

-- Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! This means that only 2 people can send to someone. Within those 2 people, the person may receive all 3 items. I.e. "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. Therefore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X".
Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item thereby fulfilling two wishes on "X's" wish list.

-- When you post your wish list be sure to mention the country you are in on that post. For example:

I am in India.
Wish 1
Wish 2
Wish 3

-- Once you have been picked twice your name will be crossed out in red on the list. You can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes.

-- The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (every month).

-- As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship them their stuff within 2 weeks.

-- If more than one person picks a person and wants to make them the same item, then the person who Pmed the organizer first will get preference to make that item.

I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt. And - Please DO NOT write your original post in any other color but black. This will make it easier to sort through.

-- All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.

-- All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap, including Newbies.

-- Positive and Negative feedback will be given for this swap. Your feedback will reflect the number of people you send to that month.

-- When you PM me your wish choices, please include their craftster name, wish # and wish.

*** NEW ***
I will continue the trend of posting who has chosen who.

"There's been a lot of talk about flaking and since this swap has a higher potential for flaking than others, I've taken the suggestion to post who is taking who's wishes in a format similar to the Ongoing Wish Swaps. If you really want to keep it a secret, thats fine, just let me know when you pm with your choice(s). I am just giving this a try to see how it goes, the next organizer may choose not to do it this way. My intention is to cut down on the amount of flaking that is happening with this swap."

I WILL NOT KEEP PARTNERS A SECRET, IM SORRY!

Please DO NOT post your lists until AFTER I've told you you're in.

When you have been picked PLEASE crossout and change the colour of your post accordingly (green for one wish, red for two-three wishes fulfilled). If you need help with that, feel free to PM me.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE:
___________________ ___________________ _________________
Name of swap: Unconditional Swap June
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Do you understand the way this swap works?

Please remember to wait for me to okay you before you post your list
___________________ ___________________ _________________
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006 07:38:17 PM by hertrigger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.c om

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006 10:57:06 AM »

PARTICIPATING CRAFTSTERS:
Next to your name I will list your status.
Green = picked once
Red = unavailable

hertrigger
Writer78
simplyfussfree
Anotheer NEWBIE: one wish only
dontlookback
almostascone
stellato_escuro
Ezri_B
serialdeviant
vegbee
Lucid501
Jenefor
BeautifulLoser
zenochka
Llenray
bloocanoe
hardcoremothball
pinkkittypiper
lucy van pelt
Gyouko
kitty1256
pinkangel1979
akredhead
arabella
catpants
penguino
rosali
IMIS
Drea4545
TheWorldFamous
Krysta
jaami
laraebay
artxinxlies
devilninny
bracelet_girl
veludo
XbelovedXoneX
lasandri
Jamiemarieblue
the noodle princess
missamorphosis
ladybugz1125
teddybearbones
lechaton
memyers
Hookin Flamingo
motoredxheart
talihina_sky NEWBIE: one wish only
craftydeb
Liebschien
_chittybangbang
mommabear1963
LaughingLark
koi

NEVER BEEN CHOSEN CRAFTSTERS:
serialdeviant
Lucid501
bloocanoe
pinkkittypiper
lucy van pelt
laraebay
artxinxlies
missamorphosis
ladybugz1125
teddybearbones
lechaton
memyers
talihina_sky NEWBIE: one wish only
craftydeb
mommabear1963
LaughingLark
koi

SENDERS:
ORANGE = POSITIVE
serialdeviant - 1 received
Ezri_B - 1 received
stellato_escuro - 1 received
zenochka - 3 received
writer78  - 1 received
Fidget - 2 received
beautifulloser  - 1 received
kitty1256 - 2 received
hertrigger - 1 received
llenray - 1 received
almostascone - 1 received
theworldfamous  - 2 received
Drea4545 - 1 received
akredhead  - 1 out
vegbee - 2 received
lasandri - 1 received
Jamiemarieblue  - 1 received
jenefor - 1 received
rosali - 2 out
catpants - 1 received
Krysta - 1 out
the noodle princess - 1 out
hurricane_sc - 1 out
lechaton - 1 received
penguino -  2 received
Hookin Flamingo - 2 received
arabella - 1 received
craftydeb  - 1 received
jaami - 1 out
LaughingLark - 1 received
owalkerjillo - 1 out
liebschien - 1 received
koi - 1 out
Anotheer - 1 out

SEND OUTS:
Send by June 16th
serialdeviant is sending almostascone some candy
Ezri_B is sending dontlookback some supplies
stellato_escuro is sending writer78 a surprise
zenochka is sending Ezri_b hair stuff
writer78 is sending Ezri_b a surprise
Fidget is sending vegbee a needlebook

Send by June 17th
beautifulloser is sending stellato_escuro altered books
kitty1256 is sending Llenray a shot glass
hertrigger is making BeautifulLoser an argyle headband
zenochka is making arabella address labels
llenray is sending zenochka some fabric

Send by June 18th
almostascone is making kitty1256 a coin purse

Send by June 19th
dontlookback is sending IMIS a surprise
theworldfamous is sending hertrigger a knitting tote
Drea4545 is sending rosali applique letters

Send by June 20th
akredhead is sending Drea4545 stationary
vegbee is sending Jenefor a tote #cx 134 577 855 CA

Send by June 22nd
lasandri is making jaami something off her wists

Send by June 23rd
Jamiemarieblue is sending Gyouko a cd case
Fidget is stalking lasandri

Send by June 25th
jenefor is sending Krysta shrinky dink paper
rosali is making Pinkangel1979 a surprise
catpants is sending krysta a surprise

Send by June 26th
zenochka is sending the noodle princess some address labels
rosalia is sending Bracelet_girl some black and white photographs
vegbee is sending xbelovedxonex a pretty necklace
Krysta is sending Anotheer something from her country

Send by June 27th
the noodle princess is making simplyfussfree a crochet shroom
hurricane_sc is sending veludo stuff from her country

Send by June 28th
lechaton is making hardcoremothball a dready-headband

Send by June 29th
penguino is sending catpants a surprise

Send by June 30th
Hookin Flamingo is sending HardCoreMathBall some crochetted squares

Send by July 1st
Hookin Flamingo is sending penguino a surprise
arabella is sending penguino some homemade soap
kitty1256 is sending Hookin Flamingo a surprise

Send by July 3rd
craftydeb is sending akredhead a crocheted hedgehog
theworldfamous is making JamieMarieBlue a knit hat and scarf set

Send by July 4th
jaami is sending motoredxheart something from her wists
penguino is making Hookin Flamingo something from her wists

Send by July 5th
LaughingLark is sending theworldfamous handmade jewelry
owalkerjillo is sending theworldfamous stickers and jewelry

Send by July 10th
liebschien is sending devilninny some rubber stamps
koi is sending liebschien some seahorse earrings
Anotheer is sending _chittybangbang a wallet

GALLERY:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16739443.0
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006 10:08:23 PM by hertrigger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
hertrigger

Vacation

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006 11:00:48 AM »

hi, im vanessa. Smiley

my three wishes:

- knitting stuff, mostly a tote, i have one coming but i want more, im currently carrying it all around in a plastic bucket (i dont need stitch markers, the needles i have are 2, 3 (dpns), 5, 13, 15, 17) i would love homemade needles, OOOOH or a needle roll, i need one deperatly! YAY! thank you theworldfamous!

- supplies: i would looove cute scrap book papers, stamps and ink pads, blank notecards

- anything from my wists: http://www.wists.com/hertrigger OR a surprise

let see. im 22 years old. i live in california. i have short blackish/reddish hair (hair bobby pins are a new thing for me!) i like skulls, stars, hearts, checkard stuff, red and black, bright pink and black. people say im "goth" but im not, just because i wear black doesnt mean im goth. ive also been called punk, which im not. i just like the style. thank you in advance if you choose me!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006 09:37:29 AM by hertrigger » THIS ROCKS   Logged

simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

I'm the dumb looking one on the right.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006 11:20:01 AM »

Hi, I'm Jana.

My wishes:

1. Anything from my ever growing Wist list
2. Any foresty pillows, pillowcases, or stuffies to fill my bed
3. A surprise based on my likes would be lovely.

I'm 26 years old ( newly ). I live in Southern Ca. with my Daddy ( by choice  Shocked my Dad's awesome ). I don't drive. I love to travel. Am obsessed with Romania, Poland, and Russia. I like the forest, bikes, trees, and nesting dolls. Green and brown are my favorite colors, I don't like neon colors. I lived in England until...today basically ( just got home ). I was living with my boyfriend. I now wont see him for a few months and am quite heartbroken.  Cry
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006 04:22:16 PM by simplyfussfree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

almostascone
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006 11:25:27 AM »

I'm Ginny, from Chicago, IL, USA.

1. Candy or snack food from your part of the world! I love to travel, and one of my favorite parts is finding new crazy foods. Thank you serialdeviant!

2. A funky knitted hat. (I love my cupcake hat, and would love more 'flavors,' or maybe some other food hat, or the Jayne hat from Firefly!)

3. A surprise! (go here for reference --> http://cheeesecrafts.livejournal.com/563.html#cutid1, http://www.wists.com/almostascone

About me: I'll be heading into my first year of college this fall at the University of Illinois, and it'll be my first time out of a big city for more than a month. I love people, cute animals, and bright colors/anything colorful, especially yellow, teal/turquoise, and dark red. I love chocolate, candy, and really all kinds of food (except spicy food, bananas and bubblegum). I also love science fiction books and movies, and attend science fiction conventions several times a year. I'm a huge Kurt Vonnegut fan.

Thanks in advance! >__>
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006 11:43:00 AM by almostascone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.

http://www.wists.com/almostascone
dontlookback
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006 11:26:12 AM »

Hi, I'm from NY, USA

my wishlist:

1- Supplies- fabric, belt buckles, paper, yarn, paint, glue, ribbon, thread, buttons, anything and everything   Grin Yea! Thank you!

2- A wallet for the summer. I love this one:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87323.0
The fabric and style is perfect.

3- Any old Amy Butler patterns [with all the pattern pieces and directions]

Thank you in advance to anyone who picks me!

About me: I'm 22 and I'm going for my masters in early education since I want to become an elementary school teacher. I work at a daycare center in a classroom filled with four year olds. I love to knit [beginner], crochet, cook, and sew. I want to broaden my crafting horizons though so I want to learn some new things. I love dark gem-like colors, especially blues, plums, and reds.  I'm a simple girly-girl. I think this picture best sums up my style: http://static.flickr.com/31/63660763_ae87a69fec.jpg?v=0
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006 12:23:00 PM by dontlookback » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...i just want a moment to be real

Etsy Shop
http://dontlookback.etsy.com

Wists:
http://www.wists.com/dontlookback
Ezri_B
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006 11:43:51 AM »

I'm in WI USA

My wishes are

1. A crochet roll (I have some brittany hooks, so one a little taller would be much appreciated. My DREAM one is like this
http://www.thewoolshack.com/accessories.htm?action=detail&ID=104
or
http://www.discountyarnsale.com/pd_yazzii_crochet_needle.cfm

but any roll for my hooks would be so appreciated!!!!)

2. I just got my hair chopped off. I have always had fairly long hair, and right now it is really short. I would love some fun new decorated bobby pins, barrettes or something. My hair is very dark (black really,) so keep that in mind.
THANK YOU ZENOCHKA

3. Surprise me! Anything from my Wistslist or anything that you really think I'd like. Go for it!
THANK YOU WRITER78

I'm a 28 year old, stay at home mom to 3 boys. I love crocheting and I'm trying to get better at sewing. I love the medivel type style, I also like classic looking things, such as handwriting, celtic knots, coat of arms, and I also LOVE faeries. My favorite colors change all the time. But I like grey and soft purple together, I also like fall colors. But I guess if I was just picking colors for favorites it would be soft purple, grey, and black.... however, as long as it doesn't scream brightly I'll like it! If you have any questions at all feel free to pm me!

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006 07:13:03 AM by Ezri_B » THIS ROCKS   Logged

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006 12:02:29 PM »

I'm in Canada.

My wishes,

1. a needle book (for just general sewing needles, from the itty bitty ones to the larger leather ones), which can also hold my sewing machine needles.  Thank you Fidget!

2. a stencilled tee with joan jett, indiana jones, simon and garfunkel, or Bob Ross on it (Bob Ross is 'happy accident' art guy).  I am a XL or, if the shirts run smallish, XXL.

3. a clock for my living room wall (colours are olive or sage green, maroon, black, and cream). 

I'm okay with almost any colour, as long as it isn't terribly bright or neonish.  I am a mature woman of 30 now, so I avoid cutesy, although I am partial to drawings, stencils, and collages of almost anything.  Please pm me for more info.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006 02:29:51 PM by vegbee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

serialdeviant
Like personal swaps? Me too.

This was completely unintentional

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006 12:07:04 PM »

Hello! I'm in Xiamen, China, but will shortly be moving to... Singapore or Scotland. Unfortunately, we're (the boyfriend and I) are not the most decisive people. Packages will be sent to Singapore, though. So please remember to take photos before you send!

1. Something from my wishlist: http://www.serialdeviant.org/weblog/?page_id=1140

2. A stenciled or embroidered t-shirt / polo t-shirt. I like surprises. And you can never have too many shirts. I wear a ladies P or S, which is a UK 8 or Aussie 6/8. I'm not into girly girl colours.

3. A surprise that revolves around the theme of good karma / positive thinking / optimism. I have had a bad few days, with one of my sites being hacked repeatedly. I am now surfing Craftster while I s-l-o-w-l-y restore my site via FTP. Also I get told that I undersell myself all the time.

Thank you to anyone who picks me. Now back to the FTP'ing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006 01:24:46 PM »

It's meeeee!!!!! (Yes, I just had a Frappucino. No, it wasn't decaf. Why do you ask?) 

I'm in Illinois, USA. 

1. Magnets. I need them to be small, sturdy, and strong - they're for my file cabinets, at home and/or at work. My first choice is to get some custom pinback buttons with the pins removed and magnets glued on back. Themes I'd love: creative writing, typewriters, MacGyver, Star Trek: TNG, melodramatic quote bubbles from comic books. My second choice is tiny clay sculptures, like teapotdnky makes, with magnets on the backs. I'd love them to look like tiny food items. My third choice is anything other type of magnet, but I'm not so much into marble magnets, as I already have a bunch.

2. A Jayne Cobb hat egg cozy. I can't knit, and I can barely crochet, so all I can do is look at this and cry with thwarted desire.   Cry  It's half way down the page, posted by jojo9.  PurpleHeather made it: 
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=75820.60

3. A surprise to inspire my fiction writing.  This can be as down-to-earth or as off-the-wall as you want.  All I ask is, if you make something really quirky, clue me in on how it's tied to inspiring my writing!   Grin  I love to see what kind of unusual and terrific connections other people's minds make.

THANK YOU, stellata_escuro!  I can't wait to see your brilliance!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006 06:57:24 AM by Writer78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Paper-Bag Apple
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tote Bag
How to Craft a Duct Tape Rose
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tie
How to Craft a Duct Tape Hat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...