A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hoosiers?  (Read 17487 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fiberartist219
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2007 04:51:46 PM »

Hoosier here reporting for duty!

I just found Craftster this weekend, so I just signed up today to be able to post.

I'm in Indy in the Castleton area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HorrorCraft
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2007 05:40:03 PM »

meanderingartist- It's on the North/West side of Indy.  Basically it's where Hamilton, Boone and Marian Counties bump their ugly heads together. 
Thanks for the encouragement.  I actually spent an hour today, pinning squares and sewing them together.  My husband doesn't know it yet (I'm not supposed to spend any money this week), but I think I am going to make a Joann's run and see if they have any pink brocade to add.  My neice, Breee is the only girl and she's bit of a tomboy.  However, she actually asked me to paint her bedroom walls a light pink.
And the last time Bree came to visit she asked if I could make her something for her room (she sees me sewing for other people and wants to help.  I'm not quite sure how old is old enough to teach her to sew).  So anyway I am totally excited.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my spooky craft and decor blog====> http://horrorcraft.blogspot.com/
my not so spooky craft blog====> http://enduremyworld.blogspot.com/
meanderingartist

Gotta love Gary Larson

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2007 08:59:59 PM »

hi fiberartist219
It seems a lot more people are in or near Indy than South Bend...humm- do ya think that is because it is bigger? Grin

Shattermyface What are you backing the quilt with? I know denim can become heavy...

I do not know how old your niece is, but I believe that kids are old enough to start something as soon as they express an interest!  Maybe a small kit- they used to have some with plastic needles and very loosely woven fabrics

Keep me up to date on the quilt progress...maybe you can post a picture when your done Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC 100 Themes Challenge  13/100
fiberartist219
« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2007 09:10:19 PM »

Hmm... I wouldn't say more people are here from Indy because it is bigger... I would say that it is bigger because more people live here! HaHa!

I definately don't knock the other Indiana cities though. I have also lived in Fort Wayne and Bloomington. I have homies all over the place!

Anyway, a child is never too young to learn to sew. If they can sit up, they can sit on your lap while you sew and help push it through the sewing machine. I wouldn't give them any needles until they are old enough to use scissors though, just because of the sharpness factor. I would also wait until they're a little older for using rotary cutters... again, obvious reasons.

I have very early memories of sitting with my grandma guiding material through her sewing machine. I also remember that my baby blanket was my most prized posession, and it was even more special because my grandma made it, and she let me help her make some for my cousins and for her neighbors. She's a wonderful lady, and I will always appreicate all the things she's taught me. I'm sure if you teach Bree to sew, she will love you for it too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atinynap
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2007 12:29:29 PM »

I'm from indiana as well!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanderingartist

Gotta love Gary Larson

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2007 03:38:58 PM »

Well hi there!  Your name makes me laugh because all mt tinynaps become long ones Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atinynap
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2007 06:14:50 AM »

I'm glad it made you laugh. I thought it was an appropriate name for me because I really love to sleep!  Cheesy I wish I had more tiny naps myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanderingartist

Gotta love Gary Larson

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2007 07:45:27 PM »

Where are you when you do you're napping? Mine are done in South Bend
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atinynap
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2007 08:43:44 AM »

In the south, the Louisville Metro Area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...