A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 306,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
378 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bobble "Pink" from Spring 2006 IK *Pics should work now*  (Read 2107 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmyKT5
« on: June 01, 2006 09:11:55 PM »

Hi all!  Now that I'm done with school (officially a college grad), I finally got back to my knitting!  Fresh off the needles is "Bobble Blue," except it's pink.

and close up of the front:

and back:

I'm not sure if I like it all that much.  It's a little bulky and I wish it was just a little bit longer.  I never thought I had a long torso but according to all of the knitted tops I've made I guess I do.  Undecided

Anyhow, this was the first true sweater I've made...first time seaming and all...so I guess I'm pretty happy with it at least construction-wise.  It was dirt cheap, too, because I used some cotton yarn I scored for free.  The whole thing cost me $15 because that's how much I shelled out for the buttons:

For once my crummy JoAnn's store served me well.  (Please excuse the brightness of the pink in the button pic...had to make it that way for the detail to show up.)

So what does everyone think??

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010 07:18:13 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dharmasabha
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006 09:16:16 PM »

That looks fantastic!  You did a great job.

In the magazine pictures, I thought that the sweater looked like it was a bit on the shortish side--so maybe it's not you, but the pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lead us not into temptation, for we can find it ourselves.
puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006 09:21:45 PM »

still doesn't work Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006 11:04:27 PM »

soooo cute!  if you think its too short for you, try wearing it as more of an over-top.  like over a tank or over a shell (if you're wearing a skirt Cheesy).

i really liked that pattern, and now that i see it knitted up, i like it even more.  i think it looks really cute on you Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitchick2
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006 04:44:17 AM »

I agree, it looks very cute on you!  I'm really impressed that it's your first "true" sweater!

And the buttons are fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006 07:06:43 AM »

It looks very nice to me and for a first real sweater you should feel really proud.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erincatherine
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006 08:21:18 AM »

my first real sweater....sheesh. it was $120 worth of rowan big wool. the sleeves were too long, the torso too short, the bobles looked like tumors and i ran out of yarn twice and had to add on at the end.  i still have it, but......NOONE will ever see me in it.

yours looks FANTASTIC! it has a very 50's style to it, which may be why it is shorter. a cute pencil skirt (or large twirly skirt -- like the poodle skirts) that is high waisted would look great.  it looks great with the skirt you have on, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns.etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns.blogspot.com
JayJay

The Incognito Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006 09:22:16 AM »

I agree with everyone else, it's really cute!  I was thinking about making this out of cotton/merino so it's nice to see an all-cotton version that looks nice.  The pattern's use of a merino/alpaca yarn seemed too warm for a short-sleeved sweater to me.  Love the buttons, by the way!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Skill, Sharing, Courage, and Joy - Motto of the Special Olympics (and the Special Knitting Olympics)

Visit my knitting blog: http://trouble-with-trebles.blogspot.com/
AmyKT5
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006 10:35:50 AM »

Thanks everyone!  I suppose maybe I will wear it after all...  Smiley

my first real sweater....sheesh. it was $120 worth of rowan big wool. the sleeves were too long, the torso too short, the bobles looked like tumors
Trust me, I had a practice run of bobbles first.  And I practiced the button holes first, too.

As for my first "real sweater," I've made a bunch of little things and I've always pushed myself to try new things like cables so this made sense to me.  I get really bored with just straight stockinette, so I need something with more of a pattern.  I've made tank tops/camis that only require knitting in the round and minimal seaming for the straps.  I've been deathly afraid of seaming, but now that I've done it I realize it's not so bad.  You might even see more sweaters come out of me!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ultraviolet
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006 12:41:38 PM »

You did a great job! It looks very nice on you and fits well. Quite impressive Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...