A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
588 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: **Kitschy Birdhouse Zombies from the Planet Cybervania**  (Read 7640 times)
Tags for this thread: monster  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daiconharuko
Daikon Eklectik

this daikon is eklectik

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 01, 2006 07:31:42 PM »

While wandering down the craft aisles of Wal*Mart, I had this sinking feeling that I was being followed. I turned around sharply, and I saw nothing but a rack of multi-colored yarn fall from the shelf onto the newly polished tile floor. My heart raced. Suddenly from the now empty yarn rack flew out what appeared to be a.. birdhouse?! Wait.. there's something flying that thing... and all those eyes... why are they moving about in such a motion to make me dizzy and fall to the floor?

I fell hard.. the piles of yarn weren't close enough to break my fall. I was knocked unconscious only to wake up with a splitting headache and a missing index finger.

*ahem*

So, what really happened was that I was wandering around wal*mart's craft area and I got struck with kitschy-crafty visions of zombie bliss. I found this really awesome doll 1/2 body that was meant for me to crochet her a dress, and instead I decided to attach her to a birdhouse. Why a birdhouse you might ask... well I ask you, Why not? It was something different.. and why cant there be flying zombie birdhouses anyway?

first.. here's my project!
front

back

face closeup

So.. out of the required items for use, I ended up using more than what was required. Here is my list of items I used to create my "monster"...

-Doll body thing
-birdhouse
-feathers
-googly eyes
-paint

and the required items-
-gimp
-pipe cleaners
-pom pons
-popsicle sticks

oh, and I added some crochet circle that was in some craft stuff my friend's mom had sent to our house. It just seemed to work. The popsicle sticks are glued to the roof, the pom pons, feathers, and  pipe cleaners make up her dress. Also pom pons, gimp and pipe cleaners make up her headdress. I had this kinda cyber-goth idea for her hair and dress. Cheesy I glued googly eyes all over the house just for fun.. and to kinda make it look like the whole thing was a monster, not just the zombie top.

I had this idea that it would fly around.. like this:

and attacking an unsuspecting victim...

hehe... thanks for looking!! <3
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006 07:38:30 PM by daiconharuko » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006 07:40:30 PM »

OMG! That need to come with a disclaimer that says do not view before bed time! I'm going to have nightmares about zombie dolls that live in bird houses!

It sure is creepy! But in that awesome horror movie I have to watch between my fingers while covering my face kind of way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daiconharuko
Daikon Eklectik

this daikon is eklectik

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006 07:45:21 PM »

OMG! That need to come with a disclaimer that says do not view before bed time! I'm going to have nightmares about zombie dolls that live in bird houses!

It sure is creepy! But in that awesome horror movie I have to watch between my fingers while covering my face kind of way.

haha! I thought the zombie in the title might give a hint! Cheesy It creeps out my boyfriend.. esp when I make it give him a kiss. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitty Pryde

Pryde, not Pride.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006 10:51:25 PM »

hahaha that is awesommmmmmme until you wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and it is staring back at you from the dresser across the room hehe I LOVE THE GOOGLEY EYES!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What if every living sould could be upright and strong
   Well then I do imagine, there will be sorrow no more

http://kittyxpryde.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/quack___quack
bourgeois manque

"Anxiety is the hand maiden of creativity"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006 06:16:07 AM »

Oh man, those colors are trippy. And zombies? Heck yeah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hendertuckygodis
Colonel McKittell at your service

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006 09:54:19 AM »

I would love for you to go to Utah with us some summer and we can have a craft off with your family--zombie/vampire crafties on one side, wholesome LDS crafty goodness on the other (although, I think your grandma may have a sick interest in our crafties. . . shhh... i won't tell)!!! You need to move closer! I'd craft with you till you turned errr--uhhh--green??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daiconharuko
Daikon Eklectik

this daikon is eklectik

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006 05:16:41 PM »

I would love for you to go to Utah with us some summer and we can have a craft off with your family--zombie/vampire crafties on one side, wholesome LDS crafty goodness on the other (although, I think your grandma may have a sick interest in our crafties. . . shhh... i won't tell)!!! You need to move closer! I'd craft with you till you turned errr--uhhh--green??

lol I could totally see grandma liking this stuff. She used to kidnap my mom and make her watch scary movies with her at the drive-in. AND I had no idea you were on craftster, Jonni! Welcome aboard! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadful penny
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006 07:02:21 PM »

Freakin' great!!! I want one for my backyard!

And bless you and your absolute crafty/spooky genius for finding a way to bring zombies and pom poms together Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SidekickFancy
...and then there was Fancy...

Funny how it feels when there's nothing to say...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006 12:47:18 PM »

That made me scream.

It is absolutely wonderful XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness can be found in the darkest of times...if one only remembers to turn on the lights.

You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall.

http://www.wists.com/thegyrlwholived
MadelBlue
Blue Sees...

Tangled up in blue...

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006 01:38:08 PM »

That is fantasitcally horrible!!! I love it!!! On a compleley unrelated note your cat looks EXACTLY like my cat gabriel. I actually stared in disbelief thinking it was him.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daiconharuko
Daikon Eklectik

this daikon is eklectik

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006 02:25:40 PM »

That is fantasitcally horrible!!! I love it!!! On a compleley unrelated note your cat looks EXACTLY like my cat gabriel. I actually stared in disbelief thinking it was him.....

Aww! Baku has a twin! XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Slice Sushi Fish
How to Slice Sashimi
How to Make a Traditional Sushi Roll
Sushi Ingredients to Have on Hand
Sushi and Sashimi Condiments
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...