A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crazed Kitten amigurumi  (Read 12215 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pureeva
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2006 10:28:56 AM »

Ditto on buying the pattern - I can't figure out how you made him curvy!!

Actually, I can tell you now, without selling you the pattern Tongue In order to make things curve I sometimes use double crochet stitches. That means in the same row, I will have dc and sc/sl st. By stacking these up it creates a height difference,  causing the shape to curve. You have to experiment with it a lot to get the shape you want, but it's a fairly simple concept. The only thing is that it can breakup the appearance of your surface - some people might not like it. I try use it in the places that are less seen, like bellies or backs, inside legs.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006 10:32:01 AM by pureeva » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAYBOT DOES NOT COMPUTE!

http://pureEVA.etsy.com
Laneknees
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2006 11:05:50 AM »

nah. It just looks a little yarnthirsty

perfect for us crafters Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swords and needles, they all make me happy

I will knit/crochet for sewed goods!

Yes, I now I have a blogggg

http://laneknees.blogspot.com/

Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/laneknees

DEVIANT ART!
http://www.slaymaker.deviantart.com
weniguna
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2006 08:26:57 PM »

I also love this kitten!! It is adorable and I love the little black lamb on your websight as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pureeva
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2006 10:17:33 AM »

Ahh.. it's weird thinking that there are people out there looking at my pattern and making my kitty. I feel so exposed! Like everyone can see how poorly I think about things...  Smiley

BTW, I just sent out an email to everyone who has purchased it so far - I re-edited the file to be much smaller, therefore dial-up friendly. I don't know why I didn't think of that before  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAYBOT DOES NOT COMPUTE!

combatbaby
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2006 12:59:49 PM »

i just checked your website. everything is so cute! i'm thinking that i really, really need to learn to crochet. or figure out how to knit them. anyways, adorable dolls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
100Bean
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2006 01:45:17 PM »

Hi - I just bought your pattern this afternoon, pureeva, and all I want to do is start working on it. While I looked it over, I was actually thinking that the pattern was really well-thought out with wonderful explanations and stuff. Thanks so much for making it!

I do have one question though, if there's anyone who's already started? I'd like to use some yarn in my little stash here - does anyone have an idea of how much it will take? I live in Europe and everything I have is in 50g balls - do you think one would be enough? I've only made one amigurimi guy before so I don't have a good idea yet of how to estimate the amount of yarn I need. I'd hate start this gorgeous guy and run out halfway through!

Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
100Bean
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006 05:27:42 AM »

Hi again! I decided to just give this kitten a go with some blue (yup, blue, I don't really know why) velour yarn that I had, and he came out alright. I think it would go better with yarn more like what was actually listed on the pattern - the velour is kind of stretchy and that made some of the pieces go a bit wonky on stuffing. And I couldn't figure out how to sew on the back legs right. And trying to get his face cute nearly made me crazy. Smiley So he's not perfect, but I'm pretty pleased, especially since he's only my second amigurumi! Thank you so much for such a wonderful pattern, PureEva!!!

Here he is (the blue is actually quite a bit brighter in person):

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarah-

Feeling the need to crochet...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006 07:05:57 AM »

So cute! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah -

http://www.wists.com/sarah-
teamo.etsy.com - Miniature bears now available!

I'd love to do a personal swap! - PM me!
pureeva
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006 11:29:05 AM »

Hi again! I decided to just give this kitten a go with some blue (yup, blue, I don't really know why) velour yarn that I had, and he came out alright. I think it would go better with yarn more like what was actually listed on the pattern - the velour is kind of stretchy and that made some of the pieces go a bit wonky on stuffing. And I couldn't figure out how to sew on the back legs right. And trying to get his face cute nearly made me crazy. Smiley So he's not perfect, but I'm pretty pleased, especially since he's only my second amigurumi! Thank you so much for such a wonderful pattern, PureEva!!!

Here he is (the blue is actually quite a bit brighter in person):

<<<edited to remove image - please remember to delete images when quoting ~ thanks!>>>

wow! I am so happy to be able to see someone else's version of my pattern. You did a very good job for only your second time around! Way to go  Cheesy

oh, and in case you're wondering  - I sewed the back legs by flattening them at the top. Meaning I pressed them against the body to lay flat at the opening and pinned them in place before sewing them down. That way the back legs would lay closer to the body rather than stick up in the air  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006 12:12:36 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAYBOT DOES NOT COMPUTE!

100Bean
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006 11:59:26 AM »

Aww, shucks. Thanks, guys!

PureEva - I've been known to just sit around and oogle over the amazing guys you've made, so it makes me pretty proud that I didn't mangle your pattern. Smiley I kind of figured that that's how you sewed on the legs, but I just couldn't get them to do anything properly - I don't know why, it sounds crazy now because I can totally picture exactly how it should go.

I think I'll probably give him another go sometime after I finish the list of projects I have lined up - hopefully I can get the things right that I had trouble with this time. Plus, he so obviously needs a friend to play with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 2
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 4
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 3
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 1
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 2
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...