A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,441
Currently Running With Scissors:
343 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: JUNE Birthday Month Swap  (Read 8392 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006 10:12:53 AM »

Hi Im elizabeth, I will be 23 on june 11th. I sew and crochet all day everyday. I love retro things, like the housewife stuff or tiki/hula stuff. I love sewing themed prints especially vintage ones. I like pink, red, orange, lime green, turquoise, brown. I love original Nintendo things.

* a intermediate beginner knitting kit, I know how to knit and purl to make a scarf, I need to learn decrease/increase so I can make something more complicated and cool.

* a bookbinding kit, I want to learn how to make those cool mixed paper journals

* a crochet bead necklace, heres a tutorial http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=88350.0 i do crochet, but i haven't ever had the time to sit down and make these

* super cool thank you cards or note cards.

* earrings, I love little dangly charms on earrings, like a little revolver, or a heart, or scrabble tiles, anything, I like little food a lot too

* fabric!! I collect novelty type fabrics (like day of the dead, or cheeseburgers, or firemen) no calicos or soft floral types. Id really love pinup fabric or sewing themed fabric.

* handspun yarn, Im having such a love affair with it right now, I love the plied, multi colored stuff people come up with.

* Id love a little plastic, kitschy, fun charm bracelet, or just fun plastic charms, I cant ever seem to find cool plastic charms.

* i really need organization stuff, i would love a crochet hook roll or organizer, or cool boxes to put things in

* a surprise

I have a wists in my signature at the bottom, for more ideas!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006 11:28:15 PM by superstitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog

automatic supersonic hypnotic funky-fresh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006 09:04:25 PM »

Hi! My name is Sarah and I'll be turning 19 on June 10th. I'm an english major and I love music, reading, writing, painting, sketching, embroidery, Chuck Norris, sewing, and mermaids. My favorite kinds of colors are greens and blues, also purple and cranberry, my favorite prints are argyle and paisley. And although I'm fairly new to craftster, I think I've been one at heart since birth.

~ Any kind of embroidery supplies; floss, needles, hoops, patterns, transfer pencils, stork scissors, and especially things to embroider ON (tea towels, handkerchiefs, and the like).

~ Handmade bracelets, necklaces, and earrings. I love chunkier designs and designs that have something unique or unexpected about them. I especially love really long necklaces you can loop around a bunch of times.

~ Some kind of earring tree or earring-organizer.

~ Absolutely -anything- that has to do with mermaids. A bag, coin purse, wall hanging, t shirt, matchbox, piece of jewelry, -anything-.

~Typewriter keys or Scrabble tiles.

~ Any kind of pin cushion (I can't believe I still haven't bought one!) or a box like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=90228.0 to keep my needles in.

~ A handmade journal for penning the next great American novel (or something) in.

~ I -love- original art. From photographs to sketches to oil paintings to pictures of dinosaurs eating second grade teachers rendered with crayons on computer paper, I adore it all.

~ Anything made out of records or record sleeves (bowls, jewelry, notebooks, etc.).

~ Any sort of art supplies. Oil pastels, copic markers, watercolors, paper, sketchbooks, anything to create with.

~ Any kind of suprise you might have up your sleeve!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006 01:18:15 AM by sarafina65 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006 09:12:51 PM »

yay! i love june!
my birthday is on the 18th and i will be 29. i'm getting a bit anxious about the big 3 0. Cheesy

my wishes are:

-a pair of fake converse. size 40 (w9)

-iron-on transfer paper or iron-on transfer pens

-plastic snaps-the no sew kind

-pretty flannel or cotton fabric-especially floral, retro prints.

-if you live in a country besides Canada or the USA, i would love some neat stuff from your country.

-a felted bag

-handknit socks

-a Liger t-shirt(it's pretty much my favorite animal) THANKS highschoolcrafter!

-a handmade journal, or a swap journal like this:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77501.0

-something with a bunny. shirt, pin, stuffy, whatever you want to make. i'd especially like a bunny that is weird, demented or bad-assed in some way. like a smoking bunny, or something like that. i like things that are cute with an evil twist.
-address labels

-some kind of album or binder to keep all my craft project ideas. i have loose clippings and instruction sheets everwhere. include some instructions for projects you like to do!

-this is a long shot but-a pirate hat! in case you have one lying around you don't need. maybe it could be felted?

-anything from my wists!(down there at the bottom)

-a surprise!

i'm in BC, Canada. i'm a gardener, i love nature, bees, birds, flowers, sea creatures, retro and kitschy vintage stuff, frida kahlo, quentin tarantino, edward gorey, asian or mexican style stuff. my favorite foods are sushi, olives, and black licorice!
i like alot of color, bright, crazy patterns, etc.
my favourite color is green, but i like any color except purple.

i don't have my own digital camera so it's a good idea to take pictures if you craft for me.
thankyou to anyone who may choose to craft for me!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 07:11:41 PM by the noodle princess » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058

Shopaholic Against Reform

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006 09:59:20 PM »

I'll be 29 (29? yes...29... whew, i'm getting forgetful ) on June 26th! Although I don't FEEL like I'll be 29 and I certainly don't have my 29 year-old shiz together. Go figure.   My ultimate birthday wish is a sewing machine - but don't worry, that just might be my birthday prezzie to myself. Although I would LOVE and totally appreciate any recommendations!!  Grin

I love birthdays!! And I certainly couldn't accept a birthday prezzie without sending you a birthday prezzie back!!  I don't know why, but every time someone says "happy birthday!" to me, I automatically say "happy birthday!" back to them.  Roll Eyes

Here are my birthday wishes and I'll be wishing for them when i blow out the candles!

Things I have been shamelessly lusting over:

Lothlurin's fold-away knit kit!!

aeronberry's Kokeshi doll ornaments

the neckscarves by opiate rose:

Zoe necklace from Serenity/FireFly - i'm in love with it! WHEE! Thanks so much!

fleece lap blanket - I'd love one with a solid colour and something
appliqued on it

monster pouch for my ipod mini

large tote bag for my dragonboating gear

Supplies - stuff I can never have too much of!
1. fabric - cotton, kimono, Japanese, silk georgette- whatever you have
would be fantastic! I want to make more kanzanshi flowers and I don't
have a fabric stash!! Your scraps would be PERFECT.
2. paper & ephemera

a) soy wax candles
b) soap making - especially the teeny tiny soaps found here!
c) spinning
d) quilting
e) stenciling  - I want to learn how to stencil t-shirts, bibs and onesies!

a surprise

I love hoarding things. So any offhand supplies will be adored in its new home. I love most colour combinations - black with anything, I especially love cranberry red, blues, purples, silver, greens and chocolate brown.  I'm really into musical theatre, computers, fantasy and asian-inspired themes, fruits, veggies, cupcakes (it's a food group all on its own), nature, animals... I also love anything themed with cutesy flowers, happy patterns or dragonflies.  I like things simple, elegant and classic. 
Have a happy one!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006 11:14:36 AM by Ember77 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreams, born and living, have but one soul; Yours.

Visit the insanity:

PM me for personal swaps!!
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006 10:03:56 PM »

Yeah, this year I was thinking that my birthday is coming up but I didn't really remember how old I was ; ) heheee, after calling my mom, I found out that I am turning 22. hmmm, what about me....I craft just about everything. I spin fiber, sew, and do a bunch of paper arts. I love love love pink/girlie things or things with food on them (such a cakes slices or cupcakes). I live in a small town in New Jersey right outside of Philly and I love suprises.

My list of goodies:

-Polymer Clay food necklace (like the ones by pancake meow or fairy smack)
-Fiber of any kind
-Vintage fabrics
-Anything with Robots on it
-Things that smell like cake or chocolate
-Anything from http://www.johnnycupcakes.com/
-Cute DIY stationary with envelopes
-a laptop cosy made out of some cool retro fabric. My computer is about 17 inches by 12 and I would love it to have D rings on it so I can hook a shoulder strap onto.
-Anything from fredflair.com
-Anything from mypapercrane.com
-Suprise me
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006 11:10:19 AM »

My birthday is June 24th and I'll be turning 17 Smiley

thank you so much girlfriday! what a huge package!
  • circular knitting needles (my lys just went out of buisness *tear*)
thanks again girlfriday!
Thanks hscrafter! of course, you can never have too many surprises Wink  Haha

I adore all sorts of retro and vintage things and designs (from 50s inspired to victorian inspired) and anything with fantasy creatures (esp. unicorns, dragons, etc.) on it.  I also love circus, cows, Japan, The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and pretty much all colors.
In terms of clothing, I am pretty small- xs on top 0-2 (women's) on the bottom- if you're interested in making anything that needs a more sepcific size you can ask Wink
I also love to act and play the tuba in my school band!

If I think of anything else, I'll add to this Wink
can't wait to star crafting for one of you![/list]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006 07:47:01 AM by pikabean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006 12:31:13 PM »

My birthday is June 10th and I'll be turning 20! Eek no longer a teenager Shocked

Oh yea and I'm in NY right now  Smiley

Personalized stationary (note cards, paper, envelopes, etc.)

Zimmerman beads necklace (like this one) http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=10400&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=77&iSubCat=554&iProductID=10400

Yarn- Hand dyed/painted or hand spun

Patterns/instructions for intermediate knitting, beginning crochet, beginning sewing, and beginning jewlery making. I love quick instant gratification projects like shrugs, belts, hats, purses, small skirts

Recipes - Yummy, quick, easy and cheap for the starving college student

Fabric- Especially asian inspired designs

Tank top- Long lengthed tank top because all my summer shirts show my hip fat. I am between a size 6 and 8.

T-shirt- Screened, stenciled, painted, etc. Maybe something to do with cute robots, pandas, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, anything cute

Crochet hook roll

Bead box- something to organize my beads and keep them from getting everywhere

Sewing supply holder- a basket or bag or something to hold all my needles, pins, thread, bobbins, etc.

Sublime stitching stitch it kit- the how to book, some of the patterns, a starter kit, written how to instructions, anything like that

Rings- I love almost all the rings on, especially the kimono rings http://thecarrotbox.com/store/kimono.asp

Something inspired by my wist

A surprise!

About me: I'm a college student who is majoring in Cognitive Science and Chinese. I love kniting, pandas, Meomi, jewel tones, candy colors, rainbows, tare panda, my Nintendo DS (especially Animal Crossing), Asian themed stuff, robots, purses, jewlery (no earings though, my ears are messed up), and other cute things. I'm not very hardcore, although I do like urban things, (graffiti, city skylines, etc), but not goth things.  PM me for any other info. Thanks to anyone who picks me!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006 02:41:26 PM by apandalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006 11:22:10 AM »

Hi, I'm girlfriday. My birthday is June 7th and I live in Austin, Texas. (Hook 'em, Horns!) I go to school at UT, studying English. I live with my husband and our two vicious (and adorable) kitties. Some things I like are: the Om   symbol, Buddha (especially happy, fat Buddha), fire, surfing, Harry Potter, Chaucer, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, all colors of pink and purple, chocolate brown, and greens. I'm a big lit(erature) geek and I love it.

Here's my list:

a wallet that looks like a crossword puzzle, clues and all!

a Scrabble, Monopoly, or Risk bulletin board

a utiliKilt but made to look more girly (pm me for ideas) (here's what a utiliKilt is: http://www.utilikilts.com/)

stenciled shirts, the wittier the better

leather wrist cuffs that actually fit (pm me for size)

any awesome jewelry made out of chainmaille

'Republicans for Voldemort' anything

« Last Edit: June 06, 2006 05:43:26 PM by girlfriday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is love? As far as I can tell, it is passion, admiration and respect. If you have two, you have enough. If you have all three, you don't have to die to go to heaven."
William Wharton

Fashion Design

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006 02:16:59 PM »

Yay, Birthday months are always fun. My name is Chelsea Klumpp, and my birthday is on the 3rd of June. I just turned 17. I really love just about anything. I like vintage and hippie stuff, and have recently converted to a hick/redneck haha, it's a joke with my best friend, although it is a lot of fun. I love to go to concerts, shopping, and to starbucks. I work at baseball games for the boys club, it is the most awesome job in the world. I also love animals and consider myself to be very free-spirited and open-minded.

Here is my birthday wishlist:

- Clothes - you can never have enough
     esp. summer dresses and tops, comfy things that still look nice. I love
     anything inspired by free people, urban outfitters, anthropologie, project
     alabama, etc.
- Jewelry
- vintage stuff, esp fabric
- handspun or dyed yarn
- felted beads
- any kind of bead mix
- sweedish fish, it's an addiction
- purse (I love this one from Urban Outfitters:

Thanks to anyone who wants to send me a birthday surprise. This is so exciting!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006 02:21:11 PM by Chelsa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why are you trying to fit in,
When you're born to stand out!

Just Married <3

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006 05:58:52 PM »

Hey crafsters! I'm Jess and my birthday is a little devilish this year: 6/6/06.  Grin I'm turning 23.

A bit about myself:

I'm a college student living in east tennessee. I'm studying Public Relations and Pre-Pharmacy, also minoring in Sociology and Marketing. I'm (obviously) nerdy and chatty and, of course, love crafting. I mostly just sew and crochet, even though I'm learning to knit and do reconstruction projects. When I'm not crafting or studying, I'm also a server. Like many of the other Geminis, I like vintage stuff, especially things from the 50's or 70's. I'm very colorful and enjoy being "the weird friend". I don't usually wear traditionally trendy things, but like an eclectic mix of nifty things in my wardrobe and home.

My Wishlist:

~Clothes of all kinds, esp. vintage looking stuff, little tshirts and dresses. I'm a size 5 or so and usually wear a small or x-small shirt.

~A bright bag or purse - can't have too many of those!

~Decorated shoes - heels, tennies, slippers or whatever. I'm size 7.5 or 8.

~A bookmark - love to read!

~A lamp- i would LOVE any kind of little lamp! can't have too much light in my little apartment

~Cool kitchy stationary/ note cards

~Cute little drinking related things

~Any kind of jewelry

~Good smelling stuff - lotion, candles, etc.

~Mix cd of some crazy music

~A scarf

~Posters or any kind of art

~Anything devilish, since my birthday is 666 this year  Cheesy

~and a surprise!

Any questions- just PM me! Thanks for reading my list and Happy Birthday to the other June babies!! Smiley

for more info about me, check out myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/batfishgurl
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006 06:08:29 PM by batfishgurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
In the Kitchen with Amelia & Teddy: Pumpkin Pudding
Pear, Hazelnut and Chocolate Crumble Recipe
How to Make Panna Cotta with Berry Sauce
Cranberry Fluff Pie Recipe: The Perfect No-Bake Thanksgiving Dessert
Pioneer Woman Recipe: Gingerbread Cookies
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...