A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
333 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Was I cheated?  (Read 736 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadyBean32
« on: June 01, 2006 04:26:40 AM »

Ok. I've ordered some roving from the Woolery. 8 oz of red heather corriedale and 4oz of green merino.  I've spun up almost half the corriedale and I'm weighing what I've got on my spindle so far and I'm getting about 4.5 oz. My understanding is that the Schacht spindle I"m using weighs 3oz by itself, which would mean I've spun approximately 1.5 oz of the roving. I weighed what's left and it doesn't add up to 6.5 oz!!!  The green is unused as yet and weighs in at about 3.7oz.

I'm not nitpicking about exact figures(though it WOULD be nice to get what you paid for!!) but the red roving simply doesn't come anywhere NEAR the 8 oz! Is it possible the Spindle does NOT weigh 3 by itself? or did I get robbed?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kba
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006 08:16:47 AM »

I would suggest contacting the company before getting all stressed out.  Maybe it was an oversight on their part.  But a rip off is also a possible.
 Maybe someone else out there has delt with this company  and you could back up any argument to the dealer with  evidence from fellow craftsters, if it's happened to them.....
Good Luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
warpedweaving

Kiss my mouff!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006 08:48:20 AM »

I've gotten stuff from the woolery before and have no complaints...but I've never actually weighed the fiber I got to make sure it added up... I really hope it was just a mistake!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyBean32
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006 09:08:18 AM »

Ooh boy I'm over here starting fires... I found the actual Schacht site(don't know how I didn't see that before) and it says the newer 3" spindles(one of which I have) are only 2.2 oz. upon weighing everything again, everything adds up just fine..

Sorry to upset anyone!!! and thanx for your replies.  Undecided Embarrassed Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop Plug-in Filter - Review
How to Create a Dreamy Glow Effect in Photoshop
How to Copy and Paste
How to Create an Alien in Photoshop
How to Create RSS Icon in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...