A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,629
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures of craft fair setup - Please post!  (Read 112190 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2009 07:30:33 AM »

Isn't is amazing what a little experience will teach you? 

After doing craft fairs for fifteen years, I still don't know what people want.  Just when I think I've got it figured out, they change. Cheesy

Your setup looks good though.  Maybe for your next show, add a little height.  If you do a short rise at the back of the table, or maybe use boxes of different heights (covered, of course) to feature some of your favorite pieces, they get noticed more.  Somehow, it brings more people to your table.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2009 10:33:01 AM »

So I went to Bizarre Bazaar a Maker Faire this weekend and I got to look at A LOT of displays as a customer and one of the things that I really liked to see and was frustrated when I didn't was a SHOP SIGN or BANNER. I wanted to see what the name of the shop was and it totally drove me crazy when I didn't see that.

For my next street fair I'm going to make SURE that my swap sign is awesome, visible and eye catching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elabela
« Reply #202 on: June 07, 2009 09:17:07 PM »

Thought I would share ours! Smiley

We do both pretty rigid, juried art shows, as well as small town summer festivals. This booth display is our main indoor display. We do something similar but not quite as extensive for outdoor or short shows. For an indoor show, it will usually take us 1-2 days setup. We can do it in one, but we usually do 1 full day setup, and then before opening on first day of show we spend a couple hours putting out product,etc. It's a lot of work, but this type of show requires pretty professional booths, and booth fees are in the thousands. But the profits make it worth it for us.

I don't hav ea photo of our outdoor display, but will try and take some this summer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's my birthday! - November 8!
noisy_penguin
« Reply #203 on: June 08, 2009 09:31:59 PM »

Hey Ela!! Your display looks great!

Here are a few pictures of our booth at Bazaar Bizarre. This was my first fair.

Full booth

Aprons & oven mitts - I need a better way to display the aprons; they're reversible so I kept unfolding them and showing people (which was okay, I sold a lot of them, but the one I was unfolding got wrinkly and I hate that). Space was pretty limited though so I'm not sure what else I could have done.

Coin purses and knit bags.

The rack my husband built for the booth. Our nice neighbor moved his table a few feet away so people would have room to browse from the opposite side. Space was so tight, but we'll have more display space at Renegade in LA.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2009 12:49:09 PM »

So I had the first two nights of 6 street fair nights this week. I'm sharing a booth with my friend Tamara so we're still tweaking how to get everything we have to offer properly displayed.
Here's Truckee Thursdays:

We had to ditch our canopy because it wanted to fly away and crash into someone's car.

We had decided to separate out our things for the Thursday market so this table is most of my things.

And this was our Wednesday night market in Nevada City, things are a bit more mixed.

We're in search of thin cases to make packing up our jewelry a breeze. I'll have more pictures next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2009 06:27:56 PM »

arimethia - I remember seeing your booth in Truckee - I live in florida but have a house at the lake, and we went to the fair thingy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arimethia
The likes of you

« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2009 12:28:37 PM »

So I have LOTS of pictures of the last 6 shows I did but this last night our setup was my favorite yet, we also had the best sales that night, mainly because of some awesome  stuff that happened. (It rained so none of the other vendors that shared a parking lot with us showed up, so our competition was rained out. The awesome thing was it stopped raining and got all sunny and dry right as we were setting up! We got a very nice spot as a result.)
The front of our booth. We finally agreed to put all jewelry on one table, with my clocks to fill in the spaces.

The side, Miss Tamara is holding our canopy to keep it from flying away. This table was clothing and windchimes with wallets and such.
Some close up shots of the front table:

AND a local shop owner came by and made a wholesale purchase so one of the shops in Truckee is now carrying some of my stuff. I feel so blessed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2009 06:56:16 PM »

Good on you for getting a wholesale.  It's not an easy thing, and you must have some really good stuff.

Something you should know about those canopies.  They have weights that sit on the little feet.  They are five pound weights, so you get twenty pounds holding down your canopy.  You can also use gallon water jugs and hang them from the top corner with a bungee cord. 

The canopies are so light weight, and they will flip, so we bought weights, use water jugs, and hang things from the canopy.  Anything to add weight.  I'm glad you didn't fly away.

And I'm glad you had a good show.  Bonus for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
tiltcreations
Mom Lady, Finder of lost toys and Ex-but-wanna-be-born-again Artist

voices in my head? yes, but they have good ideas

« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2010 07:45:06 AM »

I know it's been a while since anyone posted here...but I know some of these helped me...maybe mine can do the same for someone else  Grin I am always trying to tweak...shows with booths are not such a problem, but a small 6-8 foot table is! Especially when I have so many differing styles & don't use a fabric on a style more than once...looks way too busy.

A trip to Ikea resulted in bathtub shelves & wine racks. I put a drapery bar from shelf to shelf & hooks to hang the bags. (although this pic was my at home practice & used a yardstick since I did not have the rod yet)...I put larger bags at the tops of the shelves & let smaller bags "flow" down...was a bit too crowded - I'm still working on it.

The wine racks were set down on their backs & the slots were used to hold up clutches and larger zip pouches

From another show, I used a cake pedestal for smaller zip pouches & bookmarks

At that show I also used an upside down mesh trash can with ornament hooks to hand my keyrings

And this was with both the shelves/rod and a garment rack behind the table for the very large totes...ignore the me in the pic...had none without

THIS ROCKS   Logged

thegreengriffin
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2010 03:54:06 PM »

heres a pic of our booth a few fairs ago, any suggestions to improve??
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010 08:58:50 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Essential Jewelry Making Tools
Ideas for Beaded Necklaces
How to Make a Kids Beaded Necklace
How to Make Kids Beaded Earrings
Ideas for Beaded Bracelets
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...