A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,941
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures of craft fair setup - Please post!  (Read 122547 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2007 08:50:11 AM »

That's a really good idea! Thank you! I think I have one around here somewhere... *goes to dig through storage*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2007 11:19:21 AM »

Okay, Here Goes! I finally got this display thing down the last night of the craft fair/festival thing. I sold more that night than the other two nights combined!

Me in my booth!

...and outside my booth. This was mostly to show of my professional outfit that matched my booth.  Tongue

My husband and partner in crime in my booth. He was awesome to have around to help with sales and lug heavy things.

Jewelry Display "on an easel"! (Thank you Saor for the awesome idea!)

Glass pendant necklaces. Making so many of these FINALLY paid off that night. I sold quite a few of them!

Right side of the booth. Baby stuff, undies and bags... My pal Tara worked at the coffee shop next door to us so she was bringing us treats in this pic.

Baby things... Lots of people found them cute but no takers...

Undies!

Checkbook covers I made that day but none sold.

Bag display. Its just a dowel hanging from ribbon but it works out nicely.

Left Side of the booth: Record clocks, candles and clothes.

Candles. None of these sold either.

Clothes and bags...

Record clocks... Sold another one of these. I purchased some boxes to store/sell them with so it makes them a bit more marketable as a gift...

So that's my booth! I hope you all enjoyed the pictures. I had an awesome time, I learned a lot, passed out a bunch of business cards and sold a bunch. Now it's time to prepare for Victorian Christmas!  Cheesy ( Embarrassed )

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pawnshoppromises
« Reply #142 on: July 27, 2007 12:44:10 AM »

Everyone's set-ups look so great!

I have my first ever craft show coming up in October. I sell mostly crocheted items, and currently I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with some sort of way to display my scarves. Anyone have any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
arimethia
The likes of you

« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2007 01:25:27 PM »

The "bag rack" I used in the above pictures would work well for scarves too. You just get a wide-ish dowel from a hardware store, tie ribbon to each end and tie it to your shade. Then just loop the scarves around it. Unless you aren't using a EZ-up type thing for the fair....

You could find an old coat rack at a thrift store and use that to display scarves too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JCDillustration
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2007 12:22:21 PM »

Here's a picture of our tent at the Medford Arts Festival (MA) on 9/8/07, my first fair. It included paintings and crafts. Our display rack for wooden pieces consisted of some lumber we happened to have from an old bed, draped with a sheet. The sheer white curtain panels on the sides of the tent are from Ikea. Our paintings were on easels and a music stand.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff186/JCDillustration/DSCF0262.jpg

We had an L shaped display consisting of a 6' table plus 2 short stepladders with boards across them. We tried to keep costs down by using stuff that we already owned. That took some creativity, but it helped to set it all up in the backyard the weekend before.

For Next Time: we hope to have our sign up, and another sign with photos of us creating the items. We also want to put the table in the front so people don't feel they need to go inside the tent to have a closer look. Our pricing signs were last minute and I like the idea someone else posted to make large price signs that people can see at a distance. Any other advice welcome - I agree it is definitely a learning experience to be on the other side of the table at a fair!

Jenn.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007 12:25:00 PM by JCDillustration » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2007 10:50:54 AM »

vanillaxlight and I shared a booth at Renegade Chicago this weekend.  We changed our booth set up in the middle of the day Saturday and had a different arrangement Sunday.  We were constantly tweaking!

Saturday

Sunday

So yea, point being, don't make people have to walk into your tent!  (I knew that but figured I could swing it.  It didn't work out that well, and I should have known better)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2007 11:14:38 PM »

Yeah, that should be posted in the craft fair tips, at the top. The best night was the night I set the tables up around the tent and kept the inside for myself.
People are freaked at coming in the tent. I think they feel like they don't belong there. That's how they look anyway, the few brave souls who do come in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ainadaliel
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2007 08:07:19 PM »

Well we don't really have craft fairs here, but we did join a bazaar over the weekend, where we sold embellished shirts, guitar straps, and other stuff! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lizbot

is it just me or is it getting awesome in here?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2007 01:59:39 PM »

Here's some pictures from a craft fair I did in August. It was only the second one I've done, so I was a little unprepared, but I think it turned out pretty good!

A lot of people came by and complimented me on my banner, which I hope will make them remember me when I do the fair again this month.

I displayed my necklaces on a corkboard that I propped up in a vintage suitcase. I attached the necklaces with sewing pins!

This time I'm going to bring my own lamps and more stuff...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2007 12:05:04 PM »

Not a craft fair set-up, but a friend of mine asked me to set up my stuff in her office for her co-workers to check out. I actually made about $100 off it Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mat Your Photos Like the Pros
Three Ways to Make a Bookmark
How to Make Wine Cork X and O Stamps
How to Make a Valentine’s Jewelry Bag
How to Make Scrapbooks with Leeza Gibbons
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...