A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures of craft fair setup - Please post!  (Read 113910 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2006 12:53:06 PM »

indigokat which bag were you talking about? Yeah I 100% sold out of everything there but I do remake stuff. I am going to be bringing many of the same bags to handmade arcade if that is close to you. If not just let me know and I can most def make one for you and mail it.

dishwasher182 heheee, I know...luckly it has never been too windy but sometimes they go flying off.
and thanks ; )

I guess it's hard to say which one I'm most in love with.  Smiley But I adore the spaceman and vespa one! I'm going to vendor at Handmade Arcade so I'll come find you with my wallet in hand!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
inhope
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2006 05:36:42 PM »

PenGwend- I know, I was so busy helping shoppers I almost never got to even talk to about half of the people who came into my tent. Thanks though ; )

IndigoKat- YAY! Can't wait to see you there! I am right now in the middle of a big purse sew-a-thon to get ready.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SparkleCookie

www.sparklecookie.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2006 06:40:59 PM »

I just did my very first craft fair today... it was small and in a school which is good since I signed up on Thursday.  This is what I threw together.

AW, look at my adorable assistant!

I know I need to create more height next time... and I saw that a lot of people put together L shapes with 2 tables.  Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'sparklecookie.etsy.com')
                      preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.sparklecookie.com')
sewingcybermom

What are you sewing today?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2006 03:23:19 PM »

Here's my set up that I used this weekend. Made of pvc tubing...easy to set up and break down. I did it with my 7 year old neice in no time!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007 01:35:38 PM by sewingcybermom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

skarinja
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2006 05:04:59 PM »

My personal advice is have an awesome display, but don't have a crazy sign. Crazy signs with curly or script fonts are hard to read and cause the buyers to continue walking. It's great to have a back display (as a tee shirt seller, I love when fairs offer those white grated back and side walls for the stalls to hang stuff on), however at this particular sale we just had tables.

We had two tables full of tee shirts, tanks, bags, hoodies, skirts, scarves and gloves.

We always set up a little area where people can place an order for something we no longer have in stock. I'm currently putting together a scrap book of our designs and such as a magazine to show what is no longer in stock that people can order.

We clearly post our prices and put up a sign so that people don't feel embarassed asking how much something costs.

Generally we just keep refolding stuff and keep it occupying the whole space of the table. Lots of people say that a cluttered display takes away, but I think customers like searching for gold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog pleats n' eats!!

http://pleatsneats.tumblr.com/
indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2006 12:23:43 PM »

Here's my set up that I used this weekend. Made of pvc tubing...easy to set up and break down. I did it with my 7 year old neice in no time!

Hi,
I saw you posted this in another thread. How did you get the PVC piping to stand? Did you just join in in a square or did you create feet? We just found out we can have "walls" in our show in a week and I have to quickly throw something together. Thanks for any help/advice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2006 01:17:42 PM »

I stickied this thread Smiley  It's a good way to get ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

collectiveelements
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2006 08:52:23 PM »

Wow!  I'm glad this thread really took off.  I'm planning a few private parties so I was just stopping in again.  Everyone is doing such great displays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Danielle~
Collective Elements
The home of independent style & design
preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.collectiveelements.com')
sewingcybermom

What are you sewing today?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2006 03:53:44 PM »

Hi,
I saw you posted this in another thread. How did you get the PVC piping to stand? Did you just join in in a square or did you create feet? We just found out we can have "walls" in our show in a week and I have to quickly throw something together. Thanks for any help/advice!

Hi Indygo...here's a diagram of the actual "bones" of my pvc booth. I used 1" pvc and just draped black twin sheets over it. I used 6 sheets, draping them so my neighbor didnt have to look at the back of my pvc tubing. the vertical poles are 5' tall. Hope this helps!!

((fixed quote - jungrrl))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007 01:31:39 PM by sewingcybermom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nancydaffodil
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2006 06:31:31 PM »

Sparkle Cookie, I really like your display, nice and colorful and the yellow tablecloth looks great.  Those bottles piled up look cool but might make me nervous to touch them in case they all topple down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Beauty Trends from Paris Fashion Week
Fresh Beauty Products for Fall
3 Under $30: Our Beauty Editors Share Their Fall Favorites
How to Maintain Tan, Glowing Skin After Summer
Best False Lashes For Different Eye Shapes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...