A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures of craft fair setup - Please post!  (Read 112457 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006 11:59:00 AM »

Because I really can't make a decision...which would look better paired with black fabric, the red or the pink? On both fabrics, the skulls are about 4 inches by 3 inches. I think the pink might be a bit more vibrant than shown in the picture.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
sweetjaime
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006 12:28:06 PM »

what is a reasonable price to expect to have to pay to be in a craft fair? i've never done one before so i don't know what would be good or too much.

for a 6 foot table im paying $30, it was 20 for  4 footer, and 40 for a 8 footer
THIS ROCKS   Logged

believer10
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006 02:31:48 PM »

amaryyllisroze - i like the red, its such a vibrant colour and really gets my attention, plus with black you can never go wrong with red, whereas pink and black i see more as a fad - but if you're all about fads pink may work for you.

msalowishus - it depends on a lot of things (if you get the table supplied/ if its indoors or outdoors.  but i've paid $20 up to $75 so far.  Typically i get a 10x10 outdoor space, but for an 8 foot table at a show i'm doing next week i think it was $50. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jpalerino
Designs By Jamie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2006 02:15:49 PM »

Here are some pics of my booth display at my first craft fair.  It was a lot of fun!
Jamie
[/img]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Custom Handbags & Accessories
www.designsbyjamie. etsy.com  - My etsy site
www.designsjamie.bl ogspot.com - Blog
www.flickr.com/photos/designsbyjamie - Photo gallery
sweetjaime
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2006 03:45:15 PM »

oh my gosh your purses are awesome! Do you have a website or sell them online ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jpalerino
Designs By Jamie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2006 04:02:17 PM »

Thank you!  I do sell on etsy.  My business is Designs by Jamie and my link is www.designsbyjamie. etsy.com

Thanks
Jamie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Custom Handbags & Accessories
www.designsbyjamie. etsy.com  - My etsy site
www.designsjamie.bl ogspot.com - Blog
www.flickr.com/photos/designsbyjamie - Photo gallery
EliLarin
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2006 01:39:06 PM »

Ive got a question for you guys about trying things on at craft fairs. I make jewellery, and ive never done a fair ( yet) , but i was worried about people trying on jewellery and then walking away with it on. Obviously i wouldnt let them try on earrings for sanitary reasons...
Hi sweetjaime,
I just wanted to say that I would personnaly not buy any earrings without trying them on. I need to make sure that they fit rigth in my piercing or not. If you're worried about sanitary issues, maybe carry a bottle of disinfectant with you to the show and clean earrings that have been tried on? Just a thougth Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetjaime
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2006 08:40:45 PM »

Ive got a question for you guys about trying things on at craft fairs. I make jewellery, and ive never done a fair ( yet) , but i was worried about people trying on jewellery and then walking away with it on. Obviously i wouldnt let them try on earrings for sanitary reasons...
Hi sweetjaime,
I just wanted to say that I would personnaly not buy any earrings without trying them on. I need to make sure that they fit rigth in my piercing or not. If you're worried about sanitary issues, maybe carry a bottle of disinfectant with you to the show and clean earrings that have been tried on? Just a thougth Smiley

I guess im the other wayaround, i would never expect to try on earrings. I know on the etsy community its a big no-no to show images of people wearing earings, because it grosses people out.After all, ear infections can pass through earrings.... Im pretty sure most people would expect to not try them on. I will have a mirror though so hey can hold them up to see how they look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2006 03:58:27 PM »

hey dishwasher...

you could really benefit from having some elevation on your table.  easy to do for free, just stick whatever boxes or bins you brought your merch in under the tablecloth.  Bonus points for having cool vintage boxes or something instead, then you don't need to cover them up.  with that kind of setup you can lean things against them vertically, which is eye-catching.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dishwasher182
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2006 07:55:36 AM »

Thanks for the idea rachelyra Smiley I'll have to look into that for my next show!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Enthusiasts Brave Cold Weather For Amazing Sandwiches
4 Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Sides
Cheap Leftover Turkey and Stuffing Pot Pie Recipe
How to Make Creamy Pumpkin Fondue
How to Make the Perfect Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...