A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures of craft fair setup - Please post!  (Read 122628 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babygoinplaces

Baby, I'm goin' places!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006 04:51:05 AM »

I had a reply several days ago, but while I was posting, craftster was down and then I had to leave for vacation.   So here it is. . .

This was for an indoor fair.  I am not super pleased with how it looked, and pardon the crooked banner.  I didn't realize there would even be a place to hang it so I was unprepared, but at least I had the banner with me. (Kinko's, $24.99, heavy vinyl with grommets)

For this fair, I tried to go UP and have different ways to display my stuff.  You can see that on the left in the rear, I have a typical folding clothes rack I used to display slings.  On the right in the back, I have a metal clothes rack where I hang. . . clothes!  

The tables are set up in a U shape.  At one end I had my laptop running with a PowerPoint show of previous custom orders.  It was fun to see people get caught up in the changing images.  If you can have something like that, I highly recommend it.  It sucks people in.  Behind the laptop, I have a plastic tub inverted and then covered with fabric.  I had a "sign up for a free $25 gift certificate" where I got some e-mail addresses and mailing addresses.  I really did give away the gift certificate, of course, and the mom sounded glad to get it even though she has yet to redeem it.  Hmm, need to send her a reminder.

On the other end of the U, I had a 3 shelf unit where I put some smaller things.  Again, the point was to have something UP.  Then at the very end, I have a pole that a friend made for me to display tote bags.  I also hung bibs on it.  The pole is about 8 feet tall and he drilled holes in it about a foot apart.  I slip dowels in it at whatever interval I need.  The base comes off so it is extremely portable.

The last thing I'll share is that I bought sheets on clearance for the tablecloths.  Most of the shows I have been in say the tables have to be covered.  A couple have required that they be covered in fabric, not vinyl. One of these days I'm going to find the perfect fabric on the $1/yd table and sew some custom table cloths that will cover all 4 sides down to the ground.

That's it for me at this point.  My next show, an outdoor one with the tent, is July 22.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010 03:56:34 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://babygoinplaces.com
Baby Goin' Places--for the baby on the go!  Slings, pocketchangers, custom clothing, and now custom monogramming and embroidery!
http://babygoinplaces.etsy.com
indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006 10:14:51 PM »

Hi,

This is my first time posting photos here so I hope I do it OK.

We've had a few very different experiences at craft events - one event was inside and at a modern art museum and the second was outside at an organized garden swap event. We're just setting up in the tent photos so signage isn't up yet. At the museum we had a nicely framed sign but unfortunately we hung bags from it and quickly learned that no one was going to put things back the way we orginially hung them (ha!). We found these great stacking locker shelves to add height on the table and create display space in front of the table for our changing pads. I also borrowed a coat rack (a spray painted yard sale find used for my daughters puppets) to hang our backpacks and diaper-a-go-go's. We used different containers to "spill" out the little baby tees and I hauled out an old mannequin from college. We call him "andy" because of his Warholesque hair. (forgive the Frat boy baseball hat - the Pirates were playing at the ballpark next to the museum).

But mostly we learned a lot about what to do better the next time around.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 08:57:43 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006 12:35:43 PM »

At one end I had my laptop running with a PowerPoint show of previous custom orders.  It was fun to see people get caught up in the changing images.  If you can have something like that, I highly recommend it.  It sucks people in. 

Love the idea I need to try it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
stereoette
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006 07:04:13 PM »

this was the NYC Craft Mafia setup at a recent craft fair:

There are more pics here on my blog:
http://stereoette.blogspot.com/2006/07/vanderbilt-ave-craft-fair.html

i will post them all in this thread tomorrow, am sort of popping in and out of craftster right now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.stereoette.com

handmade with my headphones on
collectiveelements
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006 09:48:25 AM »

Well I'm back from my first market.  Here's pics (Pardon my family in the background. LOL) I'll be blogging about the day later.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Danielle~
Collective Elements
The home of independent style & design
www.collectiveelements.com
amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006 12:06:50 PM »

Does anyone have experience with the best way to display magnets?

I think I can handle everything else other than that...I have until mid September to come up with something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
collectiveelements
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006 04:19:23 PM »

I took an old Charles Chips metal can and spray painted it with black metallic paint.  You can see it in my fourth picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Danielle~
Collective Elements
The home of independent style & design
www.collectiveelements.com
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006 04:54:33 PM »

Does anyone have experience with the best way to display magnets?

I think I can handle everything else other than that...I have until mid September to come up with something.

I bought two cheap frames from Target, and my hubby luckily had a sheet of magnetic metal hanging around the house.  I traced the opening of the frames onto the metal sheet and my hubby took it to his university and cut them out.  Then I just popped them into the tray, and voila!  Beautiful magnet displays!!  Feel free to embellish the frames to your liking!  I left mine black cos it went so well with the rest of the decor.  This was the first day of the festival, so I forgot my plastic plate holder to hold the frames up!

And here are photos of my booth for ComFest in Columbus, Ohio last month!  We had a blast...

On the left side, that stripey fabric is a shower curtain!  We use it as a dressing room!  On the ground is a groovy plastic carpet we got at Urban Outfitter's last year.  On the walls are tapestries we also bought at Urban!  (well, we only had one of the tapestries up in this pic, we put the other one on the next day). 

In this pic you can see our crappy plastic shelves!  They worked very well.  And on the walls we hung some antique frames that we painted, and hung some of my bags inside!  nifty, eh?  And that little TV on the bottom of the shelves is actually a gutted out TV with a strobe light in it!  Really drew in a crowd at night, but I felt sorry for our neighbours...That cool pink light in the middle of our booth was purchased at Lowes!!! yes ladies, Lowes...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
bead~baby~bead
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006 05:10:53 PM »

That's a great idea!

You can take it a few steps further by making four and attaching them so they make a box then setting them up on a lazy susan.

~MK Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006 05:25:28 PM »

oh, and I URGE everyone to put a large sign up!!!!  It really draws a lot of attention.  We had tons of people looking up and reading it aloud, and walking in cos they were amused by the name.  We had ours made at Kinko's, it's made from something like a plastic canvas, and we've used it for the last four years.  Sure, it was like $90, but it was well worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How a Pair of Shoes Saved One Woman’s Life
Behind the Scenes of Double Feature With Owen King
Abbi Glines on The Vincent Boys
Behind the Sea Breeze Collection
5 Things to Slow Aging at Any Age
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...