A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures of craft fair setup - Please post!  (Read 122682 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2008 08:36:48 AM »

I have read this entire thread, and there are a lot of good suggestions here.  Some displays are awesome, and some need a little work.  I have been doing fairs and festivals for 14 years, and these are my suggestions, based on my own experiences.  If they don't work for you, keep trying everything until something feels right.

1.  Don't use busy fabric for table covers.  Your product can get lost.
2.  Make sure table covers go all the way to the floor.  Looks more professional.
3.  Don't use all one color table covers.  Mix it up and people will come to see what the color is all about.
4.  Use different levels for display.  Adds interest.
5.  For those of you who do clothing, elevate your tabletop from the back.  Use a piece of plywood the same size as your table and add blocks in the back before you put the table cover on.
6.  Hide all the things that are not part of the display.  Table covers to the floor make great hiding places.
7.  Have a really good sign and plenty of business cards or promotional items.  If you use promos, make sure it isn't something they are going to toss on the way home.
8.  Make sure your display isn't too cluttered.  If people can't see what you have, they will leave in frustration.  also, be sure that you have enough on your tables or in your booth to attract attention.
9.  Avoid white table covers, if you can.

Also, here are some photos of displays that I have tried over the years.

use of pegboards

use of louvred doors

table displays, showing color schemes and multi-level displays

Hope this is helpful to someone.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008 08:37:59 AM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2008 02:31:49 PM »

I LOVE your multi level display!

I need something that is portable - very portable - to display purses on. Any ideas? My husband made me an awesome bracelet display stand out of PVC pipe. It is light, can be taken apart, and just works wonderfully!  I painted it black. We were thinking about making something to hang purses also out of PVC pipe.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 17, 2008 02:54:35 PM »

I LOVE your multi level display!

I need something that is portable - very portable - to display purses on. Any ideas? My husband made me an awesome bracelet display stand out of PVC pipe. It is light, can be taken apart, and just works wonderfully!  I painted it black. We were thinking about making something to hang purses also out of PVC pipe.

[/quote)
2X2 wood, dowels, and round doll heads with a hole drilled into one side(you can get these at your local crafts store)

Drill holes the size of your dowel into the sides of the 2X2 at a slight angle.  Cut the dowels into about five or six inch pieces.  Glue the round doll head onto the dowel, and shove the dowel into the hole in the 2X2, making sure the hole is slightly larger than the dowel.  If you want a stand for it, grab some old sand weights from a weight set (they already have a hole in the middle and they are heavy enough that the 2X2 won't tip over).  Stack up a couple of the weights to make a stand and shove the 2X2 into your new homemade stand.  If you want to hang it from a tent, put a screw hook in the top end for hanging.

HTH.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008 02:58:22 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: April 17, 2008 02:58:04 PM »

Great idea! Thank you pinokeeo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2008 07:07:41 PM »

Thanks pinokeeo! That was a great post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftinator
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2008 02:11:51 PM »

Hi!  Well, the craft sale wasn't as successful as I wanted it to be but there just weren't many people there.  Percentage wise, I didn't do too badly, tho.  And, I spent the day with my sister so can't complain.

My Puff-Me-Knots are a bit specific but I'm hoping these pics can give some of you some ideas.  I made this display for next to nuthin' so after each pic, I'll tell you how I got the results and maybe it'll help spur some ideas for your display!

Here's the whole table-

Here's the biggest display, that I'm hoping will be the frontrunner.

The plastic container was found at a 'dollar and more' type of store.  It was filled with 30 smaller containers with lids - and i got the whole thing for 30 bucks!  The circle behind the cheerleader is a wire frame used for wreaths that I got at the gardening/craft store for about 7 bucks.  (if you want to see how I secured the wire circle to the plastic container, let me know)  It was green but I spray painted it white with Rust-O-leum.  I got the doll at the second hand store for 2 bucks!!!  Then, I was able to find the cheerleader outfit for about 7 bucks.(if you want to see how she's attached to the wire frame, lemme know)

Here's the left side of the table:

I got the diaper bag at, once again, the second hand store for a few bucks!  The container is a plastic cola container that I once again, sprayed white.

Here's the right side of the table:

The doll head was such a happy surprise to find!  I lovelovelove the second hand stores!!  I got the doll head for 3 and the skates for 4.  The wire basket was one I had in my storage room already and I spray painted that white too!

I have another sale this weekend - crossing my fingers!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 11, 2008 02:36:21 PM »

Great display!!  The white racks are a good idea.  My only suggestion would be to use a darker color for your table cover.  IMHO I think your Puff-Me-Knots would show up a lot better.

Don't get discouraged.  You have a good product.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftinator
« Reply #177 on: May 11, 2008 03:21:55 PM »

Thanks!  I love constructive criticism!  The white tablecloth is my sister's - I relented and went along with her this time.  This saturday, I'll be using my dark teal.  So, I agree and thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 11, 2008 04:18:14 PM »

Dark teal will be good.  Your Puff-Me-Knots are very cute.  If I had long hair.....

Good luck this weekend.  I am doing a show this weekend as well, except I have to have my plaid.  It's a Scottish weekend.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008 04:19:49 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

koshka441
« Reply #179 on: June 11, 2008 02:14:10 PM »

I love this post - however, we are thinking of doing Sugar Loaf Festival which is a juried show and I understand they are very particular about your booth.  Any suggestions from anyone on a booth set up?  We sell soy candles.

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tom Clavin: What Are You Reading?
Shirley Jones: What Are You Reading
Fran Lebowitz: The Importance of Drawing Pilgrims
Anders De La Motte on the Game Trilogy
Su Meck Talks About Forgetting to Remember
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...