A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pictures of craft fair setup - Please post!  (Read 107052 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2006 08:39:41 AM »

I love seeing everyone's set-up!  I find it really hard to get booth photos - particularly of the indoor shows - that really show-off your booth.  I have an older shot on my site here:
http://www.designedbyrj.ca/shows.htm

It was one of my first shows, so I've since added more height on the tables and more colour as well as side walls.  I much prefer my xmas show display though - it's black with pink, burgundy and silver - and lots of little xmas trees and snowflakes.  So much more fun!

One thing I noticed in a lot of booth pics - and something I am often guilty of - try to keep booths from looking too cluttered.  I've learned that not everything has to be out on the table all at once - as a shopper, if a booth is too cluttered I won't go near it - granted depends on the type of show you're in - but I'm the same with retail stores - I like things to be easy to find!

And tablecloths - to the floor and if you have more than 1 table, they should all match!  Or at least be cohesive - it will look so much more professional, and like you care, rather than "oh just grabbed these out of the linen closet this morning on my way to the show"  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.co m - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.bl ogspot.com
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2006 08:02:22 PM »

Okay here's my trial table in my room, lol.  Any feedback is good...

the table is smaller than a real 6ft table, so I'll have more space...
I also mainly sell purses and I'm making a coat rack like thing for those but its not ready yet....

The parrot stand is hand made from wrapping paper tube, someone on one of the board gave me the idea....don't know who. Its just temporary till I actually buy one but for my first show it'll do...
(I didn't bother putting all my earing on my earing board, its a nusance because i made that myself too and not out of proper material.....)

Sorry for the horrible pics but my reg camera is broken, this one hs no flash, uck...

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006 08:03:59 PM by yoyowa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2006 09:32:45 AM »

I think it looks good and will look even better spread out on a longer table. I like your signage.

We are both do our first craft fair on the smae day aren't we? Good luck with it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor

« Reply #103 on: November 24, 2006 04:57:57 PM »

I will be selling earrings and necklaces on Sunday in my first craft fair. I will be displaying them on corkboards/notice boards and maybe canvases. Any suggestions as to how to prop them up other than using an easel. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hawkwolf

I love to Maille!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 24, 2006 08:12:40 PM »

Well, for necklaces, quite a few poeple have liked these:

http://www.mailleartisans.org/articles/articledisplay.cgi?key=12222 My bowl display  Grin

Quite a few people use picture frames and screen door material, or plastic canvas to hang them from......depending on how they're packaged.

Hope this helps!
Tadd (AKA Hawkwolf)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Custom chain maille for sale!
"http://www.Hawkwolfs.com/"
 Hawkwolf's Armory and Accoutrements
Saor

« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2006 06:12:38 AM »

Thanks Tadd - that necklace display bowl idea is inspired. Because of family committments I didn't and still don't have a lot of time to put in to designing displays. I got some cork notice boards, table easels and canvases and will use them but I'll definitely be using your idea too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2006 05:21:34 PM »

Well I hope your fair goes better than mine today!  Undecided     I made about $40 profit, which is good compared to some of the other tables. I had fun though but I seemed to be the only one! all the other crafters were complaining and threatening to leave early. The place didn't advertise very well on the craft fair and it was before, during and after a parade so it got really dead and when there were a lot of people it was traffic form the parade that didn't want to buy anything.

Oh well. Unfortunately I forgot my camera so now pics of the actual setup...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
Saor

« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2006 11:34:22 PM »

Yoyowa glad to hear you had fun, sorry the turn out was not too good. At least you have broken your craft fair virginity Wink I am up and getting ready to go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2006 12:48:59 AM »

CATSJewlery and I participated in a smallish fair last weekend.  The turnout wasn't as great as I would have liked, but we broke even.  I think we were just at the wrong type of fair.  It was a first year event at a small town catholic school...I think most people were looking for country type crafts. 

Anyway, here are some photos of our setup.  Sadly, we were in a classroom and we never thought of backdrops.  We went with a winter/snowy theme for our display- seeing as how its getting close to the holidays.  Our table had a base cover of white flat sheets with a shimmery, sheer, pale blue/aqua fabric over it.  I then took a sheer fabric w/ glittery spots I found on sale ($1/yd!) and kind of bunched it and ran it under/around our displays.  It really did look pretty and snowy to me and not overly Christmassy.

Our earring display.  CATS' father made it, and it actually has a shelving unit attached at the base, but we covered it with glittery drape fabric (for the base of an Xmas tree)- he had painted it purple.  We then draped necklaces on the glittery fabric.  All of our bracelets were placed in rice- filled glass plates.  Also made a sign advertising custom orders.

Closeup of earrings.

Magnet board with Bubble/Marble Magnets.  I just covered it with wrapping paper.  It is sitting on an easel.  Previously, we propped it against the table.

Shot of tray displaying CATS' wire-wrapped pendants and some leverback earrings of mine.  Also, polymer pengiun ornaments on the box.  Funny story, that box.  It was supposed to be the base for a home made "stick pinetree" display for bracelets.  That didn't work, and the penguins took over. 

Finally, a pretty little pinetree filled with reindeer jigsaw ornaments!  I covered the base with pearlized easter grass that was meant to cover something on the failed "stick tree" display.  I think it looks better there anyway.  ~_^  A snowflake was the tree topper.

Any comments?  Anything we could do better?  Lemme know!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
Hawkwolf

I love to Maille!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2006 04:55:31 AM »

Hi guys!

I finally got my pictures ready from my last show.....here goes:

This was the entire table, don't mind the hanging signage, it just got knocked off from someone brushing by......LOL

This is the centerpiece of the table, my headresses, circlets, and   my homemade necklace displays, with the precious metal mecklaces there in front in the blue velvet tray.

Here's the dress mannequin that I display my skirts and belts on. To the left of it is my shirt tree, bereft of shirt......when I don't have one made, I use a dowel rod through it, to hang two picture frames with plastic canvas on them. Also there are cup hooks on the ends to hang candleholders and such from. The coif still has a comfy place to rest on top! Cheesy

This is my bracelet display, it's a length cut from a cardboard carpet roll. I roll it up with some purty fabric, and voila!

The headdress display is simply some differing heigth carboard boxes, covered by the tablecloth, making steps. I also use my styrofoam heads as necklace displays.

This is where I display my gold filled and silver items, and also my wrapped stones that are used for pendants.

I laid the earrings out on the table, at first I had them hung on the plastic canvas, but I thought the earrings were too small to easily be seen at the back of the table.....

Last but not least, my display for necklaces above, and the grey staged display below for my christmas ornaments, and barrettes.

So what do you think?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009 11:41:46 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Custom chain maille for sale!
"http://www.Hawkwolfs.com/"
 Hawkwolf's Armory and Accoutrements
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Blush to Any Face Shape
Beauty Essentials For Women In Their 20s, 30s, And 40s!
How To Fix Broken Powder Makeup
Sneak Peek: March 2014 NewBeauty TestTube
How to Apply Blue-Green Eye Makeup Inspired by Kelly Osbourne
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...