A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Razor cami knitalong?  (Read 44262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Liv_Hammond

Girlshapedlovedrug

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 05, 2007 11:58:22 AM »

Hiya - I've just started this - using the suggested yarn and cast on 180 stitches because I have big boobs - I've been using 3.75 needles but the cable is 80cm.

Do you think it'll be ok, or will it be wrong? I don't really get the whole circular needle thang, as I've only recently started using them - does the extra length matter? The stitches aren't stretched or anything.

:is confused:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicepalace
« Reply #271 on: May 05, 2007 12:31:38 PM »

It sounds like it should be fine; if you have any excess you can just pull it out a little (google magic loop and you might get some pictures to help you visualise how this will work).

I just posted pics of mine but will put one here on the kal too!

I used Debbie Bliss Cathay and did an extra repeat for boob room.  The screw up under my armpit is where I dropped a load of stitches and then picked them up again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liv_Hammond

Girlshapedlovedrug

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2007 06:41:34 AM »

Progress pics:

I'm about 4 inches in - I got bored with the ribbing so only did about an inch and a half (I am really impatient) This is my first ever non-accessory knit Smiley Wooo!

Recommended yarn and needles - let's hope it's the right size! How would you even go about trying it on without it coming off the needles? Is there some magic trick?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicepalace
« Reply #273 on: May 06, 2007 09:30:23 AM »

I transferred about a third of the stitches to scrap to try it on (and still ended up dropping a load).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donnac368

Love knitting, quilting, cooking and gardening

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2007 10:43:02 AM »

I just finished mine.  Done in Classic Elite Pima Cotton Tencel, icey blue, on #4 bamboo circs.  I really enjoyed it, and it taught me to pay better attention when you think you have an easy lace pattern! I decreased in the front and back before placing straps, and left the top as is rather than adding ribbing.  I thought I'd prefer the ribbing but ended up frogging it.  I bound off tightly and between that and the decreasing, I have no real problems with the straps, except that they'll probably have to be shortened. 

Come to http://donnac368.blogspot.com/2007/05/more-you-knit-more-you-learn-aka-razor.html to see more pics. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gotta go knit...
donnac368
chibi elphie
Mini Elphaba

Crafty Witch of the East

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2007 12:24:52 PM »

Here's mine. I just finished it up today. I used microspun, so it's a little hot for now. Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow in my freezing school (stupid air conditioning).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love means nothing in tennis"

+Nerdy Knits- my blog
+My Wists
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 28, 2007 12:39:58 PM »

I like your color changes, chibi elphie! It looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
okorolina40
« Reply #277 on: June 04, 2007 06:14:26 PM »

I am joining this KAL as well -- was browsing the completed items and spotted this one -- it is beautiful!

I am doing my 1st version with Lion Brand Baby Soft, since I have so much left for baby stuff -- I casted on 180, because I am currently a 38", but I am wondering if this will be too baggy in the torso area? the yarn is a fun fuschia color and is 60/40 of acrylic and nylon. No shine, but  soft and simple, as this is also my first non-accessory knit.  I am going to begin some basic socks ( either a training sock or the pomatomous sock), and  am already 1/3  of the way through the carmarthan shawl, which I hope to have all three done by my birthday in August.

More than enough time, right?

I am going to update my fotki  and blogspot albums for my knits as I reach the halfway points on my projects.

Lina
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quenstalof
« Reply #278 on: June 05, 2007 12:01:58 AM »

*hops on the KAL as well*
i'm working with some knitpicks shineworsted on size 7's

(i think someone else was doing that too, brightlights maybe, any word on how it turned out?)

does 16 inches seem a little long to anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neekie

gauge schmauge.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2007 05:30:31 AM »

quenstalof - I'm working on this right now (I joined the tank and tubetop KAL cos I thought this one had already gone quiet) and 16" does seem a little long. I tried measuring 16" from my armpit and I think it went past my hip! I'll probably try on the cami at 14" then wing it from there.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Trim Your Hair at Home
Quick Hair Trim
Hot Oil Treatment For Dry Hair
Old Hollywood Glam Look
Elegant Updo Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...