A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,159
Currently Running With Scissors:
451 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Razor cami knitalong?  (Read 48666 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2006 07:59:04 AM »

I had the same problem with the straps being to far over. I attached them as a crossover x-back and it eliminated any falling shoulder strap issues. You could try that instead of finding a broad shouldered friend.
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2006 09:22:03 AM »

hi baigneuse, i checked out your cami and it looks great - i think yours looks closer to my own body size, i'm a 39" bust and i've been wondering whether this pattern would be any good on me or not.  did you make notes of your pattern alterations, id be grateful if you could share them?

hi =] I'm Deb.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2006 07:14:52 PM »

I would really like to start this once i get some yarn.. i have a bunch of red heart super saver.. just not more than one skein of any color. wait.. i have a one pound of caron in light blue.. that might be enough? ive a pretty skinny girl, it should work..

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2006 10:54:19 AM »

Hi Vinny,
I follwed the pattern pretty faithfully so there aren't too many notes about it. Here are some:
Knit in Knitpicks Palette with the same gauge as the pattern.
I did 17 repeats of the lace so that is a cast on of 204 stitches. This was for a 39" bust.
If I could do it again I wouldn't halve my stitches at the part of the pattern for the armpits. I would have had more stitches in the back than in the front. When I did it the straps were too far over and that's why I had to turn it into an X-back. I'd should have left about 18-24 stitches off the front part.
I hope this was helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.
« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2006 02:32:48 PM »

thats totally helpful, many thanks   Grin 

hi =] I'm Deb.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2006 03:46:12 AM »

well i started it, im using caron simply soft brights and gonna strip it with pink and orange.. i also cast 12 more than what it said to start with... im not as skinny as that i measured myself..  Undecided well so im like 2 rows in, lol. im gonna work on it when i get posting this. its my first in the round project and ive never switched colors b4, it cant be that hard can it? any tips for switching colors in the round would be great! thanks!

« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2006 08:43:49 PM »

I just cast on for this the other day. I'm using Caron in dark blue although I'm kind of wondering if I should've used the light blue. But there is no way I am ripping out those stitches after casting on so many. I'm making it with one more pattern repeat than it calls for. I really like how it looks, everyone's have looked great. I'm just hoping I can finish it before the cool weater sets back in. But I have finally mastered knitting continental so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2006 03:12:12 PM »

heres my progress!  i am sooooo close but havent had time to knit recently....
also, i cant remember which round i am on!  whether its a knit round or the stitch pattern rnd....i will figure it out when i look a little more closely!  

the yarn is some alpaca/acrylic-y yarn i got in mexico!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 04:03:42 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2006 03:36:47 PM »

Here is my progress after two days. This is usually where I run out of steam. Here's to hoping I finish quickly.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010 04:03:35 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banana Pie
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2006 12:09:43 PM »

I've started this too! I'm using white microspun, and am about as far as Lulu Clyde. I'm so excited to finish; I can't knit fast enough!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Cornrows
How to Do a Braid Like Blake Lively
How to Avoid Common Braid Mistakes
Hairapy Ep 102: Sandy
Hairapy Ep 101: Betsy
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...