A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
692 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 11!  (Read 27435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cotneyroo
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2006 08:28:00 AM »

kelsorama, I'll make you a panta!

This is my first wish this round.

Here's my list.

Sewn:
-a circular needle holder would be fantastic.

-I would love a circle skirt in Japanese-print fabric. Nice and summery. PM me for size!

Jewelry-type:
-a bracelet made of typewriter keys like this one   (I would love you forever)

-a beaded necklace with no hanging pieces, say 24" long or thereabouts

-A pair or two of dangly earrings (no more than 1.5" long) with blue, green, purple, pink, or red beads (or some combination thereof?)

-I could really really use a couple more of those plastic organizer boxes (the embroidery floss kind) for bead-holding purposes. They are starting to colonize other boxes in the craft closet. Not good.

Miscellaneous-type:

-handmade writing paper/stamped, stencilled, whatever. something pretty.

-something Pirates of the Caribbean themed.

-a t-shirt with an image from Don't Let The Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems on it (size women's medium)

-stitch markers with shrinky dinks

-a Sublime Stitching kit or other simple embroidery pattern

-a surprise from my wists! (in signature line)

About me: I'm 28 and live in NYC. I, like most New Yorkers, wear lots of black, but I love bags with lots of personality. My favorite colors are blue, purple, green, chocolate brown, and daffodil yellow, but I like most any color as long as it's not neon. I love things that have camp value, particularly 50's/early 60's style. I do not have nearly enough stuff with garden gnomes on it. I spend most of my free time knitting and watching the Food Network, and I'm always carrying around at least one book.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to craft for me!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006 08:36:33 AM by cotneyroo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2006 12:45:38 PM »

cotneyroo, i will make you "little jars with buttons and things in them" from your wist list!  i have plenty of jars and plenty of time to find all the perfect findings!  this is my 2nd wish out for this swap! list in a moment!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i am in portland oregon

- anything in my wist list!

- a kit to get me started making slide pendant necklaces...

- i reeeeeallly love this tote that knottiedottie made!!!  it would be super with any kewl floraly print down the center!  i would love it if it was large enough for knitting stuff!!!  (i love your purse knottie!!!) http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=45388&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

- a tshirt with "free love chicken" stenciled or screen printed onto it...you can feel free to add a chick pic if you want! (inspired by batgirl and her love of billboards!)

- a tshirt with "one less car" stenciled on the back that i can wear while scooterin' around town! and if you are feeling really ambitious, i am sure my husband would love one too!  he rides his bike to work! thank you!

- felted soap http://www.mielkesfarm.com/felt_soap.html (i heart my felted soap from snacker!) i need more!

- stenciled shirt for the husband.  something vacuum themed.  he loves his vacuum! really. or bike themed...he also loves his bike! (mens medium or large...he likes black and greys) or mini-donkey themed...he is on a mini-donkey kick!  they are really cute!

- a hippie/peasant type skirt...gauzy and flowy! (womens size 8 or medium)

-THIS DRESS! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87972.0

- embellished hoodie (womens small or medium)- i would like it to be embellished with sort of a boho hippie vintagey feminine type feel or with any of my likes below....or a sewn hoodie would be swell!

- a knit hoodie!  ( i know its a huge wish, but i would absolutly love it!)

- knitted socks

- pillows (or pillow covers...i can buy the pillow forms.) for my new furniture!  (prefer browns, mustardy yellow, burnt oranges or sagey type green)

- a scary ski mask...this is the reason i fell in love with craftster! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=25379.0

- knit washcloths

- a scarf with a hood attached....oh how i would love this.

- some address labels made by you!

- stenciled/embellished/reconned tank tops for summer!  any of my likes below would be great!

- a suprise made by you!

- this is a never ending wish....i would LOVE some knit or crochet squares...6x6" or 12x12"....of varying textures, stitches, yarns, colours, etc...i want to collect them from all you beautiful craftsters and make a super cozy craftsterlicious afghan that i can curl up in!  feel free to include a square if you are generously granting any of my other wishes!  i would adore a square from all my buddies here on craftster!
eta: i started this afghan and it looks wonderful!  i still need squares tho'!

a little about me
i am a modern day hippie boho-y type girl who loves to laugh. i love anything earthy and naturific! i have had a yearning to simplify things so anything simple is nice.  i am feeling quite feminine today but i am a tough cookie most of the time.  i like being a dork and i have a good sarcastic sense of humor. 

things i love are: scooters, trees, branches, chickens, chicken footprints, bamboo, nurse themed stuff, vegetables, fruit, birds, yarn, fabric, sewing machines, anything funny or "punny", anything retro or vintage, feminine hippie types stuff, coffeeeee, nerd themed stuff. my favorite colors are earthy greens, yellows, reds, oranges and browns.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006 02:06:57 PM by taloola » THIS ROCKS   Logged

simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

I'm the dumb looking one on the right.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2006 01:27:37 PM »

I claim Taloola for a stencilled shirt. Either a one less car or the Kill Bill shirt on her Wist. This is my first claim this round. List in a minute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quincy134
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2006 01:29:48 PM »

I claim Taloola for a stencilled shirt. Either a one less car or the Kill Bill shirt on her Wist. This is my first claim this round. List in a minute.

simplyfussfree, I'm already making Taloola the Kill Bill shirt for a wish a couple pages ago.  But feel free to do the "one less car" shirt.  Sorry for the confusion
THIS ROCKS   Logged

simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2006 01:33:32 PM »

Okay, no worries. I'll do the one less car one then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2006 01:49:15 PM »

Okay, Wish list

-Anything from my ever growing wists list http://www.wists.com/simplyfussfree

-http://www.etsy.com/view_item_sold_anon.php?listing_id=222408&transaction_id=66405  So so cute.

-A brown, navy, or foresty/avocado-y green, or grey messenger bag. If made with corderoy...I'd name one of my kids after you. I don't have any. One day though. Or at least a pet.

-http://206.188.208.31/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=94 in a different fabric. A brown. Or one with itty bitty flowers.

-This bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=91768.0. Colors and everything are perfect.

-Foresty themed ( owl, deer, trees, etc. ) pillow(s)/pillowcase(s) ( my bedding is green )

-Handknit socks ( maybe black with a little red heart somewhere on them or avocado green )

-My sister's a writer and I'd love something for her. Maybe something with a vintage picture of a girl writing. A slide necklace may be cool. Or a bag to carry her notebook in or something. If someone picks this, I'll PM you some stuff about her likes to help give you some ideas.

To anyone who chooses to craft for me, thanks loads in advance!

About me: I live in Los Angeles. I just came home from living with my lovely boyfriend in England and miss him very much. My name is Jana, I just turned 26 years old in late May. I like green <3 ( foresty/avacado-y ), and browns. I'm obsessed with travelling and with Romania, Russia, and Poland. I like Victorian looking things, forest themed things, Hansel and Gretal, things with trees on it, bikes, and nesting dolls. I don't like: metallics, fun fur, when people clip their nails around me, and when people clap at the end of movies.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006 02:25:19 PM by simplyfussfree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2006 02:05:16 PM »

thanks you guys!  sorry about the confusion!  i will take the kill bill one out of my wists now! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2006 09:21:42 PM »

I claim Simplyfussfree for a capelet like one she has in her wists.

This is my first claim this round.

I'm in Florida, USA.

1. A few pairs of earrings.
Earrings are my favorite type of jewelry and I only have two pairs. I won't wear long dangly earrings. I more prefer round shapes.
Inspiration: http://liebschien.zoto.com/img/original/94a1d72137037c3c53097d175a20a333.jpg - I like the shapes and colors of these. Exact replicas are not expected.

2. I LOVE this hoody: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=80615.msg846925#msg846925
I would love something like this as either a T-shirt or a hoody. What I love about it is the size of the image and the placement, the subject matter (sealife), and the artistic ability. These colors are great as is, but I would wear this or something similar in any colors. Small usually fits me best, but sometimes I get mediums.

3. Anything from my Wists list: http://www.wists.com/Liebschien
Used, second-hands, hand-me-downs and re-gifts are fine with me. This goes for anything on the whole wish list, too.

4. Printable "shrinky-dink" paper or some containers made from #6 plastic, preferably with some good-sized flat pieces to work on.

5. A sturdy rectangular container for a soap loaf mold.
Interior dimensions of 5"W x 4"- 6"H x 6"- 12"L
I will be lining it with wax paper so it doesn't matter what it's made out of as long as the sides are straight and sturdy.

6. Two cool luggage tags.
It doesn't matter what they're made of or what colors as long as they stand out and there's a spot for me to write my contact info.
Look here for inspiration: http://liebschien.zoto.com/img/original/a243e2979c56186387558b99aae0dfb1.jpg

7. Candy. It's my favorite food. The only kind I don't like is licorice flavored and I'm not too hip on peanut butter things, either.

8. Used crafting books and/or magazines. Crochet, macrame, knitting, embroidery, beading, etc. I think these types of materials would help expand my abilities.

9. Some upholstery vinyl to make a medium-sized shoulder bag. Any color is fine.

10. Decorative beady things - wooden, carved, donuts, charms, leaves...I have tons of spacer beads, but not enough interesting decorations to go with them.

11. T-shirt decorated with one of my likes - size small/6.

12. Wallet - something with a zipper pouch for change.

13. A jewelry bag or box or something to hold jewelry. I have a few bracelets now and they are just laying on a shelf. Sad

14. Something decorated with embroidery and/or beads like a t-shirt, pillow case (queen-size), or just a seperate piece I could sew onto something I already own.

15. A t-shirt with that weird monkey looking face from The Mighty Boosh logo on it - Men's size Large - for my main squeeze.
The Boosh monkey face looks like this: http://liebschien.zoto.com/img/original/cb0a9558df1f62a19f9e239da9ba3cab.jpg

Colorwise, I prefer shades, tones, and hues. I don't much care for bright primary colors or day-glow colors. My favorites are browns/rusts, blue/greens (teal, aqua, turqoise), black, greens (olive, army, moss, avocado), baby or sky blue, subtle pinks.

Here are some of my likes: insects (especially dragonflies, butterflies or beetles), nature, birds, trees, leaves, water, the orient, writing, crafting, art, candy and other sweets, fruit, beach and sealife, computers, coffee, traveling, or anything I wouldn't be embarrassed to show my mom.

Some fabrics I don't care for are felt and polyester. And I don't care for country-cutesy stuff like geese wearing bonnets, country florals, and that pastelly southwest look.

I'm 32 and I'm on summer vacation from my job as the computer lab manager at the local high school. I'm taking online college classes this summer to obtain a degree in business administration. At the moment, my life consists of my computer, crafting and listening to audio books, my dog, and not much else.

When I get the chance, I like to travel, go hiking, go camping, take bike rides, go kayaking, visit festivals, read on the beach, and just generally be outdoors and active. My style reflects these activities. I wear t-shirts and pants or cargo shorts most everyday with my flip-flops or Teva's.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006 09:42:32 AM by liebschien » THIS ROCKS   Logged

boarderchic
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2006 10:38:47 PM »

I claim liebschien for a few pairs of earrings.

this is my second pick this round.

General Info:
I live in Northern California and am about to move back to Santa Barbara.  Im 23 and really girly.  Im a Social Worker finishing my last quarter for my BA in Psych.  My favorite color is pink and I like stars.  Used or re-gifted items are fine, as long as theyre clean. 
I dont have an ipod, and I dont need more purses or bags.  Im super jealous of anyone who can knit well; I cant do it as much until after my hand surgery.

Anything from my wists. http://www.wists.com/boarderchic

Supplies/Kits:
-Crochet supplies.  Anything pink, cute or girly.  I have a rollup needle/hook holder, but thats about it.  Yarn is always great.  Id love something homespun or hand-dyed.
-A yarn dying kit with supplies and instructions.  Ive been meaning to try it.
-A yarn spinning starter kit.  Just some basic supplies and instructions, nothing too involved.
-A homemade candle kit!  All Ive ever made are those beeswax candles you roll up, but I loved doing it and would love to do more.
-A melt and pour soap kit.  Maybe a couple simple molds, scents, dyes and of course soap.
-Homespun or hand dyed yarn.  I'm a yarnaholic.

Knit/Crochet:
-Lacy, knitted or detailed legwarmers.  I dont have the lacy knitting skills for something like this.  But Id love anything really delicate that I can wear with fancy heels.
-Some cozy, cutesy hand knit socks.
-A cute fair-isle knitted hat with earflaps.  Hearts, stars, snowflakes or skulls would be cool.

Sewn:
-I really want a bag for my yoga mat.
-I would like a re-mod Nick Swisher/Oakland As jersey/shirt for myself.  A jersey with ruffled sleeves or cute embellishments would rock.  As long as its long and covers my tummy and I could wear it to work (casual dress).  Womens XL or 2X and tunic length.
-A hoodie with kitty ears on it.  Preferably in Pink or White.  Probably in a mens large so its big and comfy.  These look super easy, and there's a great tut on ohmystars, I'm just too busy to make one.
-This hat, definitely the furry version, I like the white and brown one because of the contrasting colors.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87662.0

Misc:
-A mixed paper journal would be cool.  I would love something with different types of paper too, not just different colors.
-Hair accessories.  Clips, hair ties, cloth type headbands...
-Stencilled or Screened Oakland A's shirt, only in pink and white instead of green and yellow.  Men's L shirt will work.  This is sorta my inspiration colorwise  http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1983949&clickid=body_rv_img
and I like that it has the circle logo and the Athletics logo, but go crazy!
-

ETA:  I added a couple things.  Hope I didn't stall the thread, but I'm having a hard time coming up with more wishes.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006 12:58:28 AM by boarderchic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2006 10:01:58 PM »

hm, is this stalled?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Natural Static Killer
How to Do a Halo Braid on Short Hair
Graphic Eyeliner at the Custo Barcelona Spring 2014 Show
Perfect Red Lips at the Monique Lhuillier Spring 2014 Show
Anthony Vaccarello Spring/Summer 2014 - Paris Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...