A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,057
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 24 Hour Swap Gallery  (Read 5883 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitty1256
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2006 05:44:13 PM »

Yeah I was able to make a pillow for the Ocean Friends swap with it, and your wristlet. My thrift store gets fabric donations so often they put them in huge ziploc bags for 50 cents I can get tons of descent size scraps in one bag. Its nice and a quick way to get fabric i wouldnt pic for myself but someone else might like it that i craft for.Though the wristlet is my fave color.

Hey, what thrift store do you go to to get fabric scraps for 50 cents?!?  I am in K-zoo right now, but I will be back in GR often and would love to check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gothmom
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2006 06:51:20 PM »

I think she used Shrinky Dinks. Whatever it was, it's amazing. I feel lucky to have a swap buddy so talented!

I feel so loved!

They are shrinky dinks.  I went to the Kevin Smith website - http://www.viewaskew.com/ and I found some photos of these silly Inaction Figures.  One was of him with a front and back veiw.  I printed out, put my sheet of shrinky dink plastic over the printout and traced my little heart out.  Then I got to color which I enjoy and I shrunk them in the oven per the directions on the sheet.

Shrinky Dinks are teh pwonzor.

Thanks too again to pinkwintergirl for the nametag necklace, I wear it every day and get people asking me what it says all the time!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2006 07:42:14 PM »

Yeah I was able to make a pillow for the Ocean Friends swap with it, and your wristlet. My thrift store gets fabric donations so often they put them in huge ziploc bags for 50 cents I can get tons of descent size scraps in one bag. Its nice and a quick way to get fabric i wouldnt pic for myself but someone else might like it that i craft for.Though the wristlet is my fave color.

Hey, what thrift store do you go to to get fabric scraps for 50 cents?!?  I am in K-zoo right now, but I will be back in GR often and would love to check it out!

It's called Rustic Market, it's on 68th st near Eastern ave. it's a five minute WALK from my house. They have a descent size second hand fabric/craft section that people donate to. I have gotten quite a nice amount of fabric from it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
kitty1256
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2006 07:43:19 PM »

It's called Rustic Market, it's on 68th st near Eastern ave. it's a five minute WALK from my house. They have a descent size second hand fabric/craft section that people donate to. I have gotten quite a nice amount of fabric from it.

hmm...thats sort of on my way home from k-zoo, acutaly.  do you know what their hours are, or do they have a web site?

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2006 08:05:41 PM »

No website. They are open till 4:30 I believe. no later than that. And everything goes to charity. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smart Collections in Lightroom 2
Using the Filter Bar in Lightroom 2
All About Collections in Lightroom 2
Installing a Web Widget in Dreamweaver CS4
Creating a Flash Gallery Using Bridge CS4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...