A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,070
Currently Running With Scissors:
780 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: something subtle to remind him of me  (Read 1306 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kabochan
« on: May 29, 2006 11:37:09 PM »

my long distance relationship is getting...longer.  And i wont be able to see my boy for over 2 years! aarrrrrgh.  that's a long time.  anyway, he gave me a gorgeous necklace that i wear every day and i love having the reminder.  so, i'd like to make him something small that he could wear or see daily to remind him of me. 
i'm not against making jewelry for him, although i dont know how much he would want to wear a necklace - it'd have to be pretty manly (and plus, that's copying) and a ring may flip his mom out and seem like too much of a committment.  he'll be in india for the two years so maybe that could be something helpful?  i'm really at a loss. 

i looked at some of the other boyfriend posts on this and i like the pillowcase idea and stuff like that.  i would love to do something like a scrapbook but unfortunately that doesnt work very well for us since we practically never see each other - so not many pictures.  (my fav. one of us is the one on my profile - in case you were wondering Cheesy.

anways, any help would be greatly appreciated.  i've got a lot of time to make something, so that is not a problem, and i'm willing to spend a *bit* of money.
thanks y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenspan still rocks my monetary policy
starberrii
Silly banana

Wacky Alpacy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006 12:12:12 AM »

What about a wallet? That would be used everyday (or almost). For designs you could maybe use an inside joke between the two of you or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gwenluvy
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006 01:00:40 AM »

I don't think this will help you much but the thread reminded me of something silly from a couple years ago. My (now ex) boyfriend was going on vacation for 2 weeks and at the time I had pierced nipples, so I bought a baby bottle nipple and a cheap barbell, pierced the nipple and stuck it on his dashboard. He got a kick out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
mishmish
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006 05:13:50 AM »

You could try a 50 Reasons I Love You book! Or, a while ago, I saw this thing on a website. It was a jar and had 365 pieces of paper, with things like love quotes, reasons to love somebody, stuff like that. If you're REALLY commited and have that much time, that would give him a nice reminder everyday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kabochan
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006 09:24:12 AM »

gwenluvy....you are hilarious.  if only that applied to me!  thanks for sharing, it cracked me up.

thanks so much guys!  i love the book and jar idea, and the wallet!  i better get crafting!  i was also thinking of maybe a messenger bag or something like that?  he'll need one of those, since he'll be walking a lot.  do any of you have tips on how to make one really strong?  i don't have a surger either... so maybe i should just let him buy one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

msalowishus

Virginia is for lovers.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006 11:18:56 AM »

this isn't something for him to use everyday..although, knowing guys he just might. i've made my boyfriend (now husband) shirts with pictures of me/us on them. not quite so subtle a reminder though. just an idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006 11:33:54 AM »

yes, a shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloing
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006 07:32:28 AM »

if you would like to make a scrapbook and you don't have enough pics, why don't make some yourself?
you could make a whole story out of it (like "our travel to blablub" or so) and could make pictures of all the situations you would like to be in and you are looking forward to. Not all the situations need to be realistic, you could put him/both of you in your favorite movie or in a pic as your favorite animals/heroes whatever.
Understanding what i mean? It would be a reminder but also a  "view in the future".

You can use whatever technique you feel good with.
Easiest would be with a computer program like corel paint, photoshop or gimp.
but you could always cut and glue pictures together.

Instead of a scrapbook a two years calendar (24 months) with 24 pictures or perhaps some kind of game would be fun.
Does he like to play cards? I did this for my friends grandma: I took his parents and him and his sisters and put them into the cards.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LOLMegan

You all everybody!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006 07:44:43 PM »

Wow, 2 years is a long time! I've always liked the idea of making a journal to send back and forth between each other. You could write letters, write about your day, what you plan on doing soon, ect. Also you could have sections for like "Top 5", which could be Top 5 things you like about each other, or random like Top 5 Favorite Movies ect. Or a section with questions like "If you were stranded on an island and could only take 3 items" ect. ect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsters fear the ordinary, not the impossible!
kabochan
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006 10:39:23 PM »

gloing! i really really like your idea of the scrapbook/calendar!  he'd love that! and i am always looking for excuses to spend more time on photoshop and illustrator.  Cheesy

lolmegan i like the journal idea too.  all our contact will be letters anyway, so this would be a fun way to switch things up a bit.

msalowishus and dooney, i like the shirt idea.  he's an artist and i have some of his paintings, so i think i may screen or paint one on a shirt, or maybe even one of mine?  haven't really decided yet.

thanks y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw a Person
How to Draw Minnie Mouse
How to Face Paint a Fairy
How to Draw Mickey Mouse
How to Draw Spongebob Squarepants
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...