A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decoupage Plate Picture Frame  (Read 7047 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bevrockin

How y'all doin, everbuddy?

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2004 04:02:01 PM »

I hope these pictures work for y'all as I just got them posted to my webpage on my ISP, which I hate and am convinced they are out to make my life miserable.  Anyway, the first one should show & you can click the URL's for the other two & see them yourselves!

Anyway, I have made many, many a decoupaged plate, and I figured that I would try something different.  When I did the plate, I left a 3 X 3 inch square blank in the center by simply taping a piece of paper in that place so I would know where to stop gluing pictures.  When I finished gluing the pics (I used watered down Elmer's, you could use Mod Podge, etc.), I painted the back (except for the taped-off square) with acrylic paint.  I let that dry & then coated it with Krylon Triple-Thick Glaze.  I cut a piece of clear cellophane to fit the edges of the open square, and then glued it on, and glued some grosgrain ribbon around that to seal the rough edges.  Then, I found a picture of a cute, cute nephew & cut it to fit, with a little extra at the top so I could easily remove it & change it out if need be.

And here you have it:

Back of plate:
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/218/218828/folders/159282/1153506plates002.jpg

Another shot of the front:
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/218/218828/folders/159282/1153507plates003.jpg

THIS ROCKS   Logged
scrappygirl085
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004 05:06:05 PM »

By any chance is the plate washable after you put the glaze on it?  That would make a cute cake plate for a birthday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bevrockin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004 05:24:25 PM »

Well, I personally would not submerge it in water, as I have not tested the glaze for that sort of durability.  There is some product you can use to seal decoupaged plates for regular use as food receptacles, but I don't know what it's called;  I think it's sort of a secret or something.   Undecided  But I have used a damp cloth to dust the fronts of my plates many times, so you could probably eat a piece of cake off one, as long as you didn't get anything on the back. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftypixie

opinions were like kittins, I was giving them away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004 04:25:54 PM »

super cool my friend is getting married in a month and a decoupage plate would be a great gift, thanks for sharing woth us. By the way is that your car it is very cute what is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bevrockin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004 05:37:44 PM »

Thanks so much.  I have made a couple of decoupage plates as wedding gifts.  I took the invitation to my sister-in-law's wedding & put it on a plate for her just last month.  Everybody thought it was so cool, and had no idea it was just paper & glue on the back of the plate.  If I can find a picture of it, I'll post that as well.

My car is a Suzuki Aerio SX.  I love my car!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bevrockin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004 05:41:28 PM »

Here is a so-so picture of the wedding invitation plate;  we used it as part of the decoration on the cake table:

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/218/218828/folders/159282/1156705sidney003.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004 10:13:33 PM »

That's awesome and the picture is pretty damn cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
darcangel
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004 10:25:44 PM »

oh my gosh, i love the wedding plate!!! i am going to make one for my best friend who's getting married this coming June! i have been looking for something awesome to make for him, and this would be *perfect*.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I already made like an infinite of those at scout camp..." -Napoleon Dynamite
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cure Your Dry, Cracked Hands
Miranda Kerr Inspired Makeup Tutorial
How Alcohol Affects Your Skin
The Monday Makeover - The Bordeaux Lip
A Facial With Celebrity Aesthetician Nerida Joy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...