A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
882 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Melbourne screenprinters - let's talk!  (Read 3276 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bond Girl
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2007 08:59:37 PM »

Hi again everyone,

I was wondering, I am really wanting to try the emulsion process, like I think I have mentioned a few times, however the tutorials I have read say that you need to wash the non-set emulsion out afterwards with a pressurised hose, however, I thought that we weren't allowed to use these any more with the water restrictions?  I could be wrong, and I should check it out properly on the water website, but I was wondering if there are any other options that could be used inside?

Also, does anyone have any water-saving tips to help reduce how much you use for screenprinting?  I usually use a bit to wash my screen afterwards and I like to ensure that there's no paint left in it at all, but have cut down how much I fill the laundry trough up and try and use the same water if I'm doing more than one print in a day.  Also, do you think you can still use the regular hose to quickly squirt screens during the watering times, or can we only use the hose then for watering?

Anyway, hope that makes sense...  Just wondered what others are doing as there's no details about water saving for crafts on the water website Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
crumpet
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2007 11:53:46 PM »

The only thing I can see about high-pressure hoses on the water restrictions website is that you can't use them to wash your car.  Last year at uni, we were still using the high pressure hose to strip our screens.

I have this little thing I got from my dad, but I haven't used it yet -- it's a high-pressure squirter that hooks up to a little 3-litre tank thing instead of the tap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2007 05:29:16 PM »

Thanks for your reply crumpet!  So you think it's still ok to use them outside?  I mean if you can't have the hose on except for those hours you are designated by your street number I would have thought you can't use other kinds of hoses outside those times either Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
crumpet
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007 12:17:38 AM »

I dunno.  Our high pressure hose at uni is inside, connected up to a trough.  Perhaps you should call the water people if yr concerned?

Upon further inspection of the thing I got from my dad's shed, it looks more like a pressure-driven portable sprayer thing than something with the power to strip a screen.  Damn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pork Chops and Beer Bacon Gravy
Big Bacon Burger
Pot Roast With Root Vegetables
R2R: Southwest Chili
Fa-Guy-Ta Chili
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...