A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,676
Currently Running With Scissors:
723 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello Alabamians....  (Read 1985 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bevrockin

How y'all doin, everbuddy?

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2004 11:22:36 AM »

Haven't heard from anybody lately on the 'Bama board.  I hope everybody is well & having a good summer.  Does anybody have any good crafts going on?  I have been working on some wooden box purses lately.  I have lots & lots of craft & scrapbook paper that I've accumulated and I have used a lot of that, but I want some paper that is less, well, scrapbookish.  I need some unique stuff.  Where's a good place to find neat papers?  I think I would like some old postcards in particular.

I do have one purse I am nearly done with that I really love.  I found a bunch of old advertisements (50's) in a magazine called "Reminisce."  I got a few issues at the thrift store a while back.  It is a really cool magazine;  if you find one, you can find a lot of good pictures to incorporate into paper crafts.  Most of the ads I put on the purse are for cosmetics & feature some obscure actresses of the day, one ad is for Mennen aftershave, and one is for Presto Cookers (how to make a blushing bride a happy wife, or some such nonsense, haw!).  My loving husband is helping me put the hardware on the purse, including some little wooden feet. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pvwon

"Que me amat, amet et canem meum." -Saint Bernard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004 08:26:43 AM »

I'm glad to see that someone is still posting on this Alabama board.  If you are looking for unique papers, have you tried Alabama Art Supply on southside?  They have tons of interesting papers that are cool and not scrapbookie.  As far as post cards, I bought about 25 vintage Alabama postcards on ebay.  Boy are they funny. One has a picture of this old cinder block hotel with this 1950's family by the tee-niny pool and it says "Alabama Spa."  No joke.  I bought them to put on my metal kitchen cabinets with magnets to break up the white a little bit.

As far as my craftiness for the summer, there was the lined denim beach bag from an old pair of jeans, the beer bottle cap mosaic vintage 70's lamp/table combo, and a memory quilt for my friends who are moving out of town.  I guess that I should post pictures, huh.

Hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well behaved women rarely make history.
zombiexgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007 04:12:54 AM »

Have you thought about going to some thrift stores and picking up some old books or records.. I've made a few decoupage boxes out of parts of record sleeves... Maybe this is an option for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\m/(>_<)\m/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Delete a Text Layer in Photoshop CS3
How to Delete the Background of an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Deselect a Selection in Photoshop CS3
How to Deselect Objects in Flash CS3
How to Display or Hide a Layer in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...