A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Craftster Scavenger Hunt Swap (Finished!)  (Read 51640 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kemerald14

Gimme a bweak... can't touch this!

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2006 04:25:43 PM »

I've thought of things to use, then looked at the list and realized," Hey! That also covers number _!" ( Which is kind of nice, actually)
[quote/]

I noticed that too. I'm a little confused on a couple. Like, one says polka dots, and the other says polka dot pajamas. Do they count as two things off the list if you make polka dot pjs or just one?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's the yellow button! Whoa, whose car is that.. it's a beast!
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2006 04:38:02 PM »

I'm making a spread sheet listing each of the items so I can keep track their number and what I am doing with each of them.  I'm already getting confused and I haven't even started to make anything yet! I just have SOOOOOOO many ideas! I don't want them to blend and in the end I end up missing something because I wasn't organized!

Ya.....I'm a little type A and ADHD.  Embarrassed

Now.....is a mermaid a mammal or a fish? I think THAT is the big question of the day!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingerquilts
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2006 04:40:28 PM »

Has anyone else had the following thought/realization: If you use #91 (The Eiffel Tower), you automatically cover #63 (Something that is either much smaller or much larger than it is in reality).

Unless... someone is somehow sending their partner a life-sized version of the Eiffel Tower?! Now that would be interesting...

I'm sure there are other things on the list that have the same "Two birds with one stone" factor (like, 14 -- a pin-up girl -- also probably covers 63) but this one strikes me as the funniest.

Gingerquilts -- hope you've got a big backyard! Life-sized Eiffel Tower coming your way! Hee hee.

I'll try to run that by the hubby.  We may need to knock down the garage . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

highschoolcrafter
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2006 04:41:39 PM »

whats tulle and tyvek? i saw em on the list and just had to ask
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2006 04:48:57 PM »

Quote from: kaesea
Gingerquilts -- hope you've got a big backyard! Life-sized Eiffel Tower coming your way! Hee hee.

Quote from: Gingerquilts
I'll try to run that by the hubby.  We may need to knock down the garage . . .

Totally worth it, right? Wink

whats tulle and tyvek? i saw em on the list and just had to ask

Here's what the internet has to say:

tulle - This is a fine mesh used for bridal veils, and sometimes in wedding gowns. Tulle is either made from nylon, silk or rayon (artificial silk).

tyvek - A versatile material developed by DuPont that combines some of the properties of paper, film and cloth. Arts and craft artists, including altered book artists, sometimes use Tyvek in their work. [Basically, it's the stuff that Priority mail envelopes are made of -- not the carboard ones, but those ones that feel like indestructable plastic]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2006 04:52:04 PM »

Here's what the internet has to say:

tulle - This is a fine mesh used for bridal veils, and sometimes in wedding gowns. Tulle is either made from nylon, silk or rayon (artificial silk).

tyvek - A versatile material developed by DuPont that combines some of the properties of paper, film and cloth. Arts and craft artists, including altered book artists, sometimes use Tyvek in their work. [Basically, it's the stuff that Priority mail envelopes are made of -- not the carboard ones, but those ones that feel like indestructable plastic]

thanks kaesea, that helps a lot, back to the brainstorming...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2006 05:02:38 PM »

Tyvek can also be found in construction, where it is used as a vapor barrier to keep houses from leaking through the walls.

As to questions where things overlap, like soft and soft and curly, or polka dots and polka dot pajamas as items where the second item can also count for the first, but could be something different. We didn't want to eliminate either the more general or the more specific item, because they could be used in very different ways. So, you could make a pillow and it would be soft, but not soft and curly, or you could make a doll with curly hair and the doll's hair would be soft and curly. Really, use your best judgement and like in any scavenger hunt remember that you need to justify your items [in the list that you will make.] If the justification is totally out there [like, this rock is wiggly, so it is "soft and curly"] Kaesea and I will make a ruling on whether or not it counts towards the prizes or not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 05, 2006 05:09:24 PM »

Now.....is a mermaid a mammal or a fish? I think THAT is the big question of the day!
If my biology classes haven't failed me, I believe that mermaids would be considered mammals due to thier lovely flowing locks. Cheesy

I was reading somewhere someone had a shop called La Sirena Gorda. The Fat Mermaid. LOL!

(yep, I passed biology, but failed spelling. D'oh)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006 05:13:24 PM by Stifflersmom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: June 05, 2006 05:11:05 PM »

If my biology classes haven't failed me, I beleive that mermaids would be considered mammals due to thier lovely flowing locks. Cheesy

And are their locks soft and curly? Tee hee.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
KungPow

shiny disco balls

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2006 05:12:15 PM »

obviously whoever thought to put the Eiffel Tower on the list is PURE GENIUS considering all the conversation it has sparked.

heh.

wonder who it could be.

wonder.

heh.

genius.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Terry Mort Talks About The Hemingway Patrols
Meet Author Carolyn Castleberry
D.J. MacHale Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
George Wendt Talks About Drinking with George
Andrea Raynor Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...