A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Great Craftster Scavenger Hunt Swap (Finished!)  (Read 48963 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #530 on: July 12, 2006 10:22:37 AM »

*major swap anxiety*  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
green monk
« Reply #531 on: July 12, 2006 11:07:33 AM »

oh my, i am SUCH a dork! I made a wist just for you stifflersmom, and i just now realized that it has not been in my signiture as i thought   Lips sealed  well. eitherway, i love everything and i know ill love what you send! mail is so exciting!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WILL BE IN THE WOODS FROM AUGUST TO NOVEMBER... GOOD-BYE COMPUTER!!!
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2006 11:55:22 AM »

oh my, i am SUCH a dork! I made a wist just for you stifflersmom, and i just now realized that it has not been in my signiture as i thought   Lips sealed  well. eitherway, i love everything and i know ill love what you send! mail is so exciting!!!

Kiss Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: July 12, 2006 02:46:31 PM »

Wow...this is almost like Christmas in July! But instead of crafting for several, I'm crafting for one. It doesn't help any that I'm a little behind where I wanted to be by now. I won't send early...I need this weekend to finish up. I'm excited for those who are ready to send. And for those who won't send until Monday (like me), I'm rootin' ya on!

After reading past posts, I wondered:
So...does medium, small, tiny, etc. refer to the size of the objects or the amount of time it took to complete a project? Just curious.

Oh...and Hookin Flamingo, I meant to get back to you to brainstorm about tyvek. (Look back to page 48 if you're confused why I say that...lol...) I still haven't figured out what to do with it. Wonderin' what you figured out...can't wait to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: July 12, 2006 03:04:47 PM »

After reading past posts, I wondered:
So...does medium, small, tiny, etc. refer to the size of the objects or the amount of time it took to complete a project? Just curious.

The short answer is: It's up to you to make that determination.

A slightly longer answer can be found in the Swap info thread here.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: July 12, 2006 03:07:35 PM »

I usually guage the 'size' of a project by a combo of the time it takes and the difficulty for me to make. I have no clue how accurate I am on my estimations though.

One more project was finished up last night so I should be on track to send by Monday. Woo hoo! 2-3 more hours and I get to go home and craft. YAY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: July 12, 2006 03:11:37 PM »

Thanks, kaesea! That helps alot. After reading some posts, I worry I'm doing too much...then I worry I'm doing too lilttle. All in all, I'd be happy if I were the one getting my package. And I think my partner will like it, too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: July 12, 2006 03:14:06 PM »

Thanks, kaesea! That helps alot. After reading some posts, I worry I'm doing too much...then I worry I'm doing too lilttle.

Welcome to the Land of Swappers' Anxiety. I think we all feel that way sometimes!

All in all, I'd be happy if I were the one getting my package.

And that is really the perfect  gauge to use when determining the quality of your package.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: July 12, 2006 05:21:29 PM »

I have just decided to make things using as many of the items on the list in a way that sweets4ever may like the item and find it useful.

I typically don't worry about the big medium small item thing because if you do it based on price then a bracelet that might take me 15 minutes to make could cost a boat load depending on the supplies I use (sterling or Bali silver clasp, chech crystal, the number of beads...etc). It could be super cheap too if I use cheaper supplies. However a purse or tote using cheapo sale fabric might take me days to finish!

There is also the whole using things I have on hand....One item for this swap is made entirely out of things I had on hand except one item that cost me $1.97. If you going on price how do you gauge that?

So I don't worry about it too much. I figure it evens out.....one persons big is another's small.  I just make sure my swap partners are spoiled! I figure it is better to send too much than not enough.  Grin

I do, also however try not to go completely and totally overboard so I don't make my swap partner feel like they have slighted me.  They won't. I do these swaps because they gives me something to do not to get stuff. Although that part ain't bad!

OK back to crafting! It's Project Runway night so I'm guaranteed not to go to bed early!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: July 12, 2006 05:36:52 PM »

There is also the whole using things I have on hand....One item for this swap is made entirely out of things I had on hand except one item that cost me $1.97. If you going on price how do you gauge that?

So I don't worry about it too much. I figure it evens out.....one persons big is another's small.  I just make sure my swap partners are spoiled! I figure it is better to send too much than not enough.  Grin

I do, also however try not to go completely and totally overboard so I don't make my swap partner feel like they have slighted me.  They won't. I do these swaps because they gives me something to do not to get stuff. Although that part ain't bad!

OK back to crafting! It's Project Runway night so I'm guaranteed not to go to bed early!

Good philosophies Pinky! I love it when I can make things from stash items, one of my items was made completely out of stuff laying around, but I'm quite excited about how it came out.

I'm quite excited about Project Runway. I don't know why, I started watching last season when there wasn't anything on during the weekends and I got sucked in...Hooooboy does TheBoy dislike the show though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Batch Renaming Function in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Add Copyright Information in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Use Filter Pane in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Organize and Analyze the Images in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Customize the Bridge Workspace in Adobe Bridge CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...