A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,121
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Thrift Eye  (Read 711 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elifante
« on: May 28, 2006 11:01:41 AM »

Hey Folks,

I've created a blog about the things I have been finding for the past few years through thrifting. It should be a mix of household wares, gadgets, toys, clothes, art, furniture, etc...and it is an ongoing process for me. I am an avid thrift store, swapmeet, flea market, dumpster diving afficionado Smiley So I figured I could make something like this to share my finds. The only struggle is finding time to take pictures in between teaching. There are only two posts up, but there should be a lot of cool things to come very soon!

www.thrifteye.blogspot.com

I figured a blog should do for right now, and I can work on the html specs later. Im so excited to finally share. Theres a few things I never get a chance to show to people in person, only through word of mouth, when I can barely even remember to say anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006 04:17:19 PM »

elifante,

I hope you choose to participate and maybe even contribute some of your writings to our site.
Please let me know what you think and, I'd love for you to check out our directory and let me know if there are some thrift stores you could possibly add.

http://www.thethriftshopper.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShopper.Com for your shopping convenience.
elifante
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006 06:00:50 PM »

cool, I'll try. That way I can save it as a reference when I need to give someone directions. The ones in Las Vegas arent so much as great as when I used to live in California. In LV theyre really messy and picked over for some odd reason.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elifante
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006 04:26:20 PM »

okay guys and dolls...I have so much more stuff up now. I've had so much fun putting stuff for this site, check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography Composition Tips
Telephoto Lens Tutorial
Smile Tips for Perfect Profile Pictures
Posing Tips for a Great Profile Picture
Boxee Co-Founder Idan Cohen on What He Learned from Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...