A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,543
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super easy ponchos! (now with "blue" pattern!)  (Read 40856 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , tutorial , pattern , poncho  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004 09:04:33 AM »

Just thought I'd let you know I'm trying out the first poncho. It's so easy and it grows so quickly! The only problem I found was that (after a few rows) I noticed it was twisted. I fixed it by doing the chains across but not the four extra at the end, creating the first row of "loops" and attaching it to form a circle after. Does that make sense? I'll post a pic when I'm finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
Christie

"Smell the flowers while you can." U2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004 09:18:06 AM »

Nice work Angipants - love both of them! Cheesy

I have a pattern for a floral stitch poncho, sort of like the "jessica" shawl but a little different.  I don't think I can post it here because I bought it from someone, but I'll give you all the link (as soon as I get home).  She has great patterns and sends them to you by email - so no waiting!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.chiquitasbonitas.com
Cool, Chic, Crochet Fashion
Mayviss
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004 11:19:38 AM »

Does anybody know where I could get the pattern for the Jessica poncho pictured above?  I need that!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Angipants
B-L-O-N-Duh!

Angi-pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004 03:50:56 PM »

It looks like a stockinette stitch with small yarn on large needles.  The top is a 1x1 or a 1x2 rib, looks like it was done 2" tall and then folded over and attached to the top.  The bow also looks to be a 1x1 rib, about 1 1/2 inches wide, tied into the bow and then attached.  You could probably do a crochet, but the hook would also need to be a bit bigger to get the flimsy look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tempost
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004 04:23:15 PM »

Let me know if you want a tutorial for blue poncho.

I do! I do!  Purty please!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn, or food? Yarn, or food? .... Eh, I ate last week.
http://makeme.typepad.com
http://hilari.etsy.com
Angipants
B-L-O-N-Duh!

Angi-pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2004 05:31:46 PM »

Okay, here it is: (Used size "Z" "Q" hook)

Chain (ch) 40  +3.  (the 3 are the double crochet and single chain for the next row.)
Row 1: double crochet(dc) in the 4th chain from the hook. *ch 1.  skip the next ch and dc in the next chain*:

x  -  x  -  x  -  x      - = single chain
x     x     x     x     x = double crochet
= = = = = = =    = =chain

repeat from * til end of row.  end with dc.  ch 3 and turn. Repeat row 1 for 12 rows:

At the end of row 12, ch 36 (do not ch the 3, see pic above) You should now have an "L" shape.  ch 3, turn and dc in 4th chain from hook. repeat Row 1 instructions:

repeat Row 1 for 12 total rows:

You should have a giant "L" like pictured.  The pink is where the ends will be connected:

Just slip stich (ss) in every ch, and finish off:

« Last Edit: June 28, 2005 12:08:29 PM by Angipants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004 09:05:30 AM »

I will have to try this pattern out it would be a cool present for my mom. I just got to play around and try to make it a plus size.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Valoir

I knew I could make it myself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004 02:08:55 PM »

I love your ponchos and want to try as soon as I am done with current knitting project.  (trying to stick to the one at a time thing)
Questions - I have not seen a size Z crochet hook- S is the largest I've seen.  can you give any more details regarding the hook/yarn you used?
Thanks.
Valerie/Valoir
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's all jewelry all the time!
http://www.valoirdesigns.com
dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004 06:00:04 PM »

What kind of yarn did you use or does it matter? And what is a size z hook never seen one before. I am almost finished with my current project and would like to start this one asap. Looks like it would go fast and I need to make two before the 15th of Aug.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angipants
B-L-O-N-Duh!

Angi-pants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004 09:40:11 AM »

Okay, after some investigating, the hook equivalent is size "Q", or the biggest hook size you can find.  the head is about 1/4" wide and the hook head is about 1/2" long. I think someone may have drilled a Z into the shaft at one time.  All of my hooks and needles are hand me downs from family members.  Sorry for the confusion.

If you want to use a smaller hook, the 1st rectangle measured 30"  by 18".  So however many stiches and rows you can fit into that rectangle, just duplicate for the top "turned" portion:

If you want to do a larger size, just check that chain count for the two purples should match, and the row count for the pinks should match.  The green part is the diffrence between the two sides. Count each row as two chains.  So if purple equals 40 chains across, and pink is 14 rows, then the green equals 40-(14*2)=12 chains (plus 3, then double crochet in the 4th chain from hook). Also make sure that the green part is at least 10 -12 inches, so your head can fit through the hole when the sides are slip stiched together.

Let me know if this is not understandable!  Hope this helps for changing the sizes as needed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004 09:56:11 AM by Angipants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a 1920s Lady Mask
How to Make a Dog Mask
How to Make a Cat Mask
How to Make a Fox Mask
How to Make a Witch Mask
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...