A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: visit to Japan in June  (Read 894 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catdaddytn
« on: May 27, 2006 09:11:43 AM »

Hi,  I"ll be leaving for Japan in a few weeks.  Gee, I'm really scared since I've never traveled internationally.  I posted on the paper craft section about gifts to take, but then I saw this site.

What types of gifts would you suggest to take to Japan?  I'm thinking of some sort of paper craft, maybe small purses.  One person suggested cd's and handmade envelopes.

I'll be in Tokyo and Osaka.  There's so much to see and do.  I'll be in each location, 4 nights.  We might change to 5 nights in Tokyo.  We plan to go to Mt Fuji, Tokyo Disney, Sony and a smaller community that I can't think of right now.  One of my books said that students in this area will tour your around for free, so they can practice English.

I'll be looking for the crafting stores.  One concern is being able to bring items back home.  Is it feasible to ship items home?

thanks.  catdaddytn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
rachelinjapan
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006 03:23:38 AM »

Hey, one gift Japanese people love is food. whenever you go somewhere in Japan, you're supposed to bring back the "specialty" food from the area you went to for your coworkers and friends. You might try bringing a cookie or cake from America. I also think small purses, envelopes and CDs would go down very well.
Good luck and have fun on your trip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mistresscandace

make crafts, not war

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006 10:16:24 PM »

I agree that food is good, but be careful of it melting!  Pictures and coins also seem to go over well.  Do not spend a lot on the gifts! It's the gesture that counts.  However, if you are staying at someone's house or someone will be doing a lot for you (showing you around, etc), you might want to bring something a bit nicer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Cartoon Tiger
How to Draw Scooby Doo
How to Draw a Wolf Howling
How to Draw a Wolf Head
How to Draw a Panda
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...