A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quentin Tarantino Themed Costume Party In July!!!  (Read 5992 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Strangel

She totally confused all the passing piranhas

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2006 08:28:30 PM »

So i was talking with my sister and we were talking about how much haloween rules, and how much it sucks that it only comes once a year. So she says to me " Angel, you should MAKE it come more then once a year."  Sooo...i plan on making it an annual haloween in July thing with a new theme every year.  quentin tarantino was the first suggestion and i wanna stick with it.  I have only just begun thinking of ideas ...and the only one i have come up with is to play lots of music from pulp fiction cause that movie has an awesome soundtrack.  I also want to be able to give the guys ideas as what to dress up as so they don't all dress up as guys from Reservoir Dogs.  Any help will be much appreciated!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes he calls me Al.
Dramatrauma
The Broadsword of Moderation

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006 04:20:58 PM »

People could dress up as beat up boxers, in UC santa cruz Slug shirts and shorts,or as the Buddy Holly waiter,as mia wallace with the hypo in her chest,marcellus wallace in the salmon shirt with the ball gag in mouth,in jeans and a hawaian shirt with a gun in the waist like Tim Roth ---Pulp Fiction

Or they could dress as Quentin Tarantino has in other peoples movies (the blind preacher, the vampire hunter etc;)

Any of the Kill Bill characters would break up a monochromatic group of Resevoir Dogs rather nicely

As Jackie Brown or Sam Jacksons character therein (The Jackie Brown soundtrack would also contribute nicely to the music)

People ahould be encouraged to bring squirt guns as part of their outfits so random gun play can break out effectively
THIS ROCKS   Logged
motoredxheart
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006 09:22:32 AM »

i don't know if you watch/have seen gilmore girls, but there is an episode in season 5 you should rent and see.  they have a quentin party in the episode, and it would be a great thing to look at for ideas.  they played music/dressed up/etc. as characters and things.  it was awesome. 
that's a great idea (halloween rules definitely), post some pics when it comes i'd love to see it!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HappyMadison87
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006 04:21:25 AM »

THIS IDEA IS AWWWWWWESOME!!!!

Basically, the guests could show up as any character from ANY QT-related movie, I think. Everything from From Dusk Till Dawn to Sin City to Four Rooms to Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, etc.

You could also play music from any of the afore mentioned movies, and/or play any of the movies themselves in the background during the party.

Party favours (or prizes for the best costumes) could include toy guns, water guns, gun keychains...things like craft syringes, mini-ziploc bags of oregano or confectionary sugar, toy swords, elvis sunglasses, bags of fake money, a "badass motherfucker" wallet, "red apple" cigarettes, vampire teeth (or stakes or crosses), or even a mini 'crime scene clean up' kit, with a bar of soap, a spray nozzle for a garden hose, and a cheap goofy t-shirt or something.

As for food - Big Kahuna Burgers! I've seen the "Big Kahuna" logo somewhere online...if you could find it, you could just print out the picture several times and make labels for burger wrappers, fries, shakes/sodas, etc. And, for dessert, I highly recommend you take inspiration from the coolest birthday cake I've ever made, hehehe - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/HappyMadison87/pulpcake2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/HappyMadison87/pulpcake1.jpg
It's just a chocolate cake on which I used icing to spell out the title, put my figurines on there (including a cornstarch-sprinkled Mia), and added some toy guns. Plus some red-icing-gel blood spatter.

I think that's about all the ideas I have right now. I might be able to come up with more later. This is a brilliant idea!!! I LOOOOOVE IT!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangel

She totally confused all the passing piranhas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006 07:14:41 AM »

Thanks for everyones help!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes he calls me Al.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tricks to Dressing Slimmer
How To Dress For A Sporting Event
Jill Martin With Marlo Thomas
Plus-Size Style Tips
Best Dressed Stars: Sports Illustrated Model, NYFW and More
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...