A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,930
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: oooh... it's a hat!  (Read 1144 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meriellyn
« on: May 27, 2006 02:01:19 AM »

This hat should have been finished last night but there was an unfortunate incident with a renegade DPN that lead to a very unhappy frogging session. No more aluminum DPNs for me. Tongue Happily I resurected the hat tonight while enjoying the new X-Men movie. My brother now thinks I'm nuts for knitting during the movie.

the hat:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/thekittenavenger3/fluffy_hat_no_head_w.jpg

the hat in action:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/thekittenavenger3/fluffy_hat_w.jpg

Wool Ease worsted and Modea fluff... pattern of my own simple creation.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011 04:55:32 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenOfShinyThings
Queen of Shiny Things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006 05:00:07 AM »

Cool hat! Congratulations on designing it yourself too. Not everyone is courageous enough to do that.

I design knitwear patterns and have to be careful not to scare away less confident knitters. It's a shame too - there is so much more that they could do.  Sad

It is GREAT to see knitters taking matters into their own hands. Especially with DP needles - you are indeed brave.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Optimistic, Quirky, Truthful - not always in that order.

http://www.ShinyDesigns.com
meriellyn
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006 11:39:48 AM »

Thanks! I like to keep a simple hat on the needles to knit while I'm doing other things or really tired (lace + tv = attack of frogs). Since I can't just keep knitting the same darn hat or two I figured it best to start designing my own. Smiley For this one it was more about the yarn. I was excited about how well they matched and didn't have enough of either to make anything much larger. Haven't been in the mood to line a bag or anything so a hat it is.

I'm still a relatively new knitter (just under a year) and haven't had the money to venture into clothing yet so I've started designing accessories here and there. I can't wait to take on tops and such but the budget says I have to advance to socks next instead. Wink
I think I'm asking for nothing but copious amounts of fabulous yarn next Christmas. I figure since I rarely knit for myself at all that Mom would totally benefit because then it'd come right back to her as neat little tops! Unless I get enough yarn to make myself some pants. I'm keeping the pants. Wink

BTW, "needle art adventure packs" is the best craft kit name ever! Hehe. I love your sig line too. Being a little ADHD I use the "oooh, look, something shiny" line all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenOfShinyThings
Queen of Shiny Things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006 12:56:34 PM »

Well, meriellyn, you are my kind of knitter. A new knitter and already designing!

Just hang in there and keep knitting and the yarn will come. I remember when I first learned to knit (eons eons ago) that the cost of yarn was definitely a limiting factor but that smooths out with time.

Thanks for having a look at my site Smiley It is, like all websites, overdue for an update. I've got some new projects and such that could stand to be posted both there and here.

Keep posting your projects! I want to see them develop  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Optimistic, Quirky, Truthful - not always in that order.

http://www.ShinyDesigns.com
-Keiko-

Fear the small, cute ones... >)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006 06:52:45 PM »

Pretty!

Eeeh, I tend to stay away from dpn's.  Why put up the hassel with those when one can keep it conviently on a circular knitting needle?  O_o
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meriellyn
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006 04:47:48 PM »

Pretty!

Eeeh, I tend to stay away from dpn's.  Why put up the hassel with those when one can keep it conviently on a circular knitting needle?  O_o

Thanks. Smiley

I did most of it on a circ but after enough decreases I had to switch to the DPNs. I decreased down to 7st so staying on my 16" circ wasn't an option. Plus I wanna try socks soon so it's good practice. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Curly and Wavy Hair
How to Create Formal Updo Hairstyles
How to Do Long Layer Hairstyles
How to Foil Hair
Hair Stylist Career Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...