A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,770
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Can someone help me with Hawkwind Charting/Pattern?  (Read 423 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: May 26, 2006 09:19:22 PM »

Hi.  This will be my first 2-color project of this sort.  I'm thinking ahead to father's day and my dad is a huge Hawkwind fan, has travelled with them back in the day, etc, so I was thinking of making him an Ipod case with the hawkwind logo.  I have already made my hubby one with the DNA cable incorporated.  I worked in the round, over 40 sts and it seems to be a perfect fit (I used pretty small needles).  Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone could chart this, or write out instructions or point me in the general direction?  I've included 4 pics, whichever would be easiest.  I wouldn't want any of the text except for the band name.  I prefer working in black and white but, whatever.  I'm leaning towards working this on straights and seaming, but am open to whatever.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks so much!  Erika

I'd just want the top logo:

I really like this one, but would probably be too difficult:

Just band name and image:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006 09:25:20 PM by Locutus137 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006 04:08:27 PM »

whoa- those look like ambitious intarsia projects.  I will try and help, but I'm not too good with gauge or intarsia.

Do you know how to measure gauge? You will need to knit up a few rows with the needles and yarn you plan on using and figure out how many rows per inch and all of that good stuff. Then find yourself some knitting graph paper (google it-there are a few.) You plug in your gauge info then it will make a sheet of graph paper for you.  Print that out and then draw the picture you want on the graph paper.  I think that you would need to make something bigger than an ipod cozy to fit  any of those patterns on.  Have you considered sewing a cozy and maybe embroidering or stenciling the logo on?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006 07:53:30 AM »

there is a very nifty website you could try - if only i remembered the name of it   Undecided

it basically converts images to knit charts - it pixilates them taking into account the stretching you get with a knit stich.

let me ponder - i am sure it will come to me again

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006 07:56:12 AM »

what do you know - i actually bookmarked this:

get a good contrast close up image - maybe use photoshop to make it only two/three/four colours (via >filter>posterize)

then submit the image to the website and see what you get.

i think the angel thing would be well hard.
the first picture top logo would certainly be suitable.

the two bottom images are not clear enough i think for this treatment - even with pen and paper it would be difficult to work out the definate pattern for intarsia on those.

hope that helps somewhat

« Last Edit: May 31, 2006 08:10:20 AM by svea » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006 08:23:26 AM »

Thank you both for your help!  I'll give it a shot. That site looks pretty cool.  Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Did Miranda Kerr Have the Most Stylish Weekend Ever?
Rihanna Reveals River Island Holiday Collection
6 Couture NFL Looks for Women
How to Wear White Denim
How to Rock the Boho Chic Look
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...