A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,473
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Banner / Logo critique thread!  (Read 16873 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CurlyWhirlyGirly
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2010 09:02:36 PM »

I'm also looking for a way to make a little "logo" out of part of it to put on business cards. Any ideas?

You could use the polkadot background on your card if you create another layer over it that is 50-75% transparent. It will tone the colour down enough to have your text on top of it.  Love the colours you are using.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sieren
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2010 02:54:21 PM »

What do you all think of my banner?  Does it give you the vibe I am going for {artsy, earthy, organic, nature...}

http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sieren
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2010 02:57:19 PM »

I've just made an etsy, and haven't put anything in there yet. i really want to have everything ready and up to par for when I start posting things.

I just made this one in Pages, and am downloading the photoshop elements trial to see if I like it (this coming from a graphics major who didn't graduate...i have forgotten nearly everything I learned!) and then I'm going to make it a little "cleaner", so that I can actually use it as a banner without having to take a screenshot of it  Roll Eyes

I'm also looking for a way to make a little "logo" out of part of it to put on business cards. Any ideas?

Ooo I really like your banner!  Cool design idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Robotragicomedy
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2010 07:24:57 AM »

My banner is completely ridiculous right now, but I felt like I had to have something up while I figured out what to do. I spent a good chunk of time working on something in Paint, and then the compression killed it. Dx

Are there any ways to make a good banner without using photoshop? I might be able to use it at work, but I'd have to be kind of sneaky. Tongue

whatintheworld.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I go to seek a Great Perhaps.

whatintheworld.etsy.com
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2010 07:49:00 PM »

I am having questions about my catchphrase:
Living Greener, Living Cheaper

My goal is to one day have a ton of handmade items that promote green living, but right now its mostly vintage items. I was selling dryer balls that were doing well, but I ran out of reclaimed wool because I didn't expect them to go so well.
And, since my primary craft is crochet, I had purchased a crochet looking banner when I first started, but I only have a few crocheted items in my shop....
Any ideas would be super helpful

www.pixieval.com/etsy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2011 06:40:29 AM »

PixieVal, great dryer balls, I need some of those! I think your tag line and banner are great. The only thing I might change about the banner is color choices. All of the shades in your shop are muted, earthy tones, but the banner is very playful and bright. It might be nice to make them more matchy matchy Smiley
Also, I've heard that grouping like items together on your front page can help it look more cohesive, so maybe rearrange some of those items so patterns are together, dryer balls together, etc.

I'd appreciate any c/c on my brand new shop, too! Jojobean Designs - Paper Goods and Gifts: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jojobeandesigns
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Yummy Mummy
Super Bowl Chili Beans and Rice Recipe
Cherry Crunch Dessert Recipe
Butterscotch Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Dark Chocolate Wheat Thins Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...