A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
341 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: this is your brain on fabric... dealing with our addictions  (Read 59012 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stereoette
« on: May 23, 2006 10:10:00 PM »

Hi, my name is Stereoette, and I'm addicted to fabric.

Seriously, people, I need HELP! I dont have time to sew up everything I have and then I get bored and find myself on ebay and then wham! bam! 25 more yards!

i can justify it by saying it was a good deal and quality fabric and stuff, but um, wouldn't it have been a better deal NOT TO HAVE BOUGHT IT AT ALL? it might not be ruining my crafting, but its sure putting a snag in my pocketbook...

all crafting supply addicts are welcome to come and comiserate... yarn, sharpie markers, seed beads... i feel your pain.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.stereoette.com

handmade with my headphones on
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006 10:21:57 PM »

wow this sure fits me!!!! I just can't stop checking out fabric no matter where I go, I have put a NO BUY policy on myself until i use up at least five fabric pieces that are already here in the house! So standing I admit I am a craft junkie as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boygirlparty

hi, i'm susie ghahremani / boygirlparty.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006 10:41:07 PM »

i have a problem with buying all supplies in bulk.  in most cases, i use them EVENTUALLY, but if i have to do something like, say, move, then it creates an enormous problem as my living space is not my warehouse.
the good news is that there are other nuts like us out there who will buy it off of us if we wanted to actually get rid of it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my site: boygirlparty.com: boygirlparty.com
http://shop.boygirlparty.com: the shop at boygirlparty.com
etsy instagram
a_starfish
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006 03:38:45 PM »

i have a problem with buying all supplies in bulk.  in most cases, i use them EVENTUALLY, but if i have to do something like, say, move, then it creates an enormous problem as my living space is not my warehouse.
the good news is that there are other nuts like us out there who will buy it off of us if we wanted to actually get rid of it all!
Word! I've moved about 4 times in the past few years, 2 of those in the past year and I'm moving again in the next few months. At least quarter of my stuff is craft related (doesn't help doing a degree that involves making models of things!). Looking at rooms to rent now involves thinking 'is there anywhere to put all my hoarded crafting supplies?'

Does anyone else find themselves looking longingly at fabrics you know you have no use for but still thinking that they are so pretty you might be able to think of something to do with it? Now I'm cursed as I found the local fabric shop, best in the city to my knowledge, and it's CHEAP so I can justify a weekly visit just to see what they have... D'oh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amie.v
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006 06:00:21 PM »

Hi my name is Amie.

Im addicted to buying beads, fabics, buttons you name it..

Ahk i havent bought anything craft related for about half a year though.

Lol, why do fabric rements need to be so cheap at my stores? *sigh*
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008 02:12:56 AM by Amie.v - Reason: I cant spell? » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006 06:13:19 PM »

I'm severely addicted to beads, marbles, polished stones, wire, ribbon, and paper. I have a spare room that will eventually be my craft room, but so far my collection of crap is overflowing in the living room, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nicole Randome
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006 06:35:19 PM »

Fabric, yarn, beads, tools, random bright shiny objects that 'could be something cool' someday. I do have a craft room, a big one, with built in shelving and lots of tables, and it still looks like the Great Crap Vortex.  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RonnieCat
Weird and Proud of it!

Pleased to meet you, I'm Shiyiya. *curtsies*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006 06:37:22 PM »

i have loads of fabriic.  so does my mom.  yet i always need/want more.  and i never have the *right* fabric, necessitating going out to buy more fabric and finding an amazing deal on really cute fabric.  orjust irrisitably cute fabric &/or patterns.

I need help.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster chat! Firefox users with Chatzilla installed, go to irc://irc.aniverse.com/craftster http://tinyurl.com/5vv88b has instructions for anyone else, and http://tinyurl.com/62ynka has a link for a browser-based chat Smiley
pawnshoppromises
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006 09:30:01 PM »

I'm still living at home with the parents, and have a very small room, which is made even smaller by my craft supply addiction. Everything from fabric, to yarn, to paint...anything that catches my eye. My boyfriend now refuses to buy me anything else that has to do with crafts, and I'm seriously starting to wonder if I should make myself do the same thing.

Hello, my name is Samantha, and I'm a craft supply addict.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
megan0885
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006 09:41:44 PM »

I too, am an addict.  I'm the kind that can't throw anything out for fear that it could be useful in some future project.  Therefor half the stuff that moves in and out of my dorm every fall and spring is craft supplies that I might need.  Mines hereditary, Gram has at least 5 big rubbermaid totes out in her shed of just craft supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taste is the enemy of creativeness. - Pablo Picasso
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 4
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 3
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 1
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 2
Adobe Encore: Basic Menu Functionality Lesson 3
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...