A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 306,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: this is your brain on fabric... dealing with our addictions  (Read 73473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2006 07:42:54 AM »

hi, my name is danika and i'm recovering a fabri-holic.
lucky for me, there's no fabric store in my town. and i have to take an hour ferry ride to a town that has one, so i only get there once in a blue moon. and thank god i don't have a credit card.

one day at a time, easy does it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
Craftywife
« Reply #121 on: August 03, 2006 10:40:25 AM »

It really does creep up on you, doesn't it? Even if you've only had your sewing machine for a year or two. Joann should have a 'patrons' list or a frequent buyer card, lol. Or maybe start putting flyers miles on remnant rolls like they do cigarettes cos I'll bet they're just as addictive Shocked

*nods*

I agree with the 'frequent buyer' status.  I'm on the mailing list (aren't we all Smiley), so get the 40% off coupons all the time.  I always seem to find a reason to go in there.  Right now I'm starting to make jewelry, and have round nose plyers, but need flat nose and different wire cutters and....

And my fabric collecting has started.  Last time I was in Joann's I found some beeeeautiful brocade Asian-influenced fabric and bought 2 yards.  For what?  I'm not sure!  But it's now in my drawer, waiting for inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sheena
Revere the Guardians Of Teh Shiny!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2006 07:33:38 AM »

whaaaat?
90% off sale??
how did i miss that?

so sad =(

look below
thise are the ok ones, you aren't seeing the floor---
i dropped an entire container of seed beads on the carpet and haven't had the energy to crawl around on the floor tonite picking them up.
i'm going to be honest here, i didn't dare show the picture of the floor, literally strewn with crafty debris.
yeah.  i gotta clean those beads up tomorrow  Angry
/me glooms
~kat
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/63627PICT3473.JPG
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/63627PICT3475.JPG
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/63627PICT3477.JPG

Did you know that it's much easier and faster to get the vacuum, put a piece of pantyhose (or something similar) over the hose attachment, and vacuum them up? You just have to turn off the vacuum every so often and make sure you have a dish or a bowl to put them in. Make sure the pantyhose is secured...The only downside is that it picks up dirt, too, if you haven't vacuumed in a while.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 09:01:14 AM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Sheena~
diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2006 07:58:23 AM »

Argggg!Argggg![ I am addicted to sharpies I have 50 + and it has to be the SHARPIE BRAND! I am addicted to fabric as well! LOL Smiley And I have just begun sewing LMAO Cheesy Wish me luck, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
yarncookie
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2006 08:03:40 AM »

OK i have 2 medium sized boxes ( about the size of a microwave) and 3 closet drawers that are OVERFLOWING with fabric. So I made a quilt last night to get rid of the scraps, then I organized the main box. I folded everything up nice and neat, AND IT TOOK UP THE SAME SPACE AS BEFORE!!!!  Angry can anyone help me explain this eerie phenomenon??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look at me, I'm on TV, it makes up for the shortcomings of being poor. Now I'm in a million pieces picked up for deliberation by the people listening at home, by the people watching on the telly...
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2006 08:17:17 AM »

OK i have 2 medium sized boxes ( about the size of a microwave) and 3 closet drawers that are OVERFLOWING with fabric. So I made a quilt last night to get rid of the scraps, then I organized the main box. I folded everything up nice and neat, AND IT TOOK UP THE SAME SPACE AS BEFORE!!!!  Angry can anyone help me explain this eerie phenomenon??

They breed when you aren't looking - I recently made 18 large period costumes from my stash and saw no visible decrease - now I have suitcases full of costumes AS WELL!  HELP!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
aliwa
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2006 11:33:05 AM »

Sheena; that was a really good tip! I'll have to remember that one...

/Aliwa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lingering_Kitten

Lover of pink!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2006 01:24:22 PM »

OMG... I am such an addict... I just went to wal-mart the other day and since I had finally sewn a skirt (from a sheet) I decided that buying a 20 yard bolt of fabric was a good decision.... plus other fabric...

But.. yeah... here's my stash:

Some of my bolts of fabric piled together.

These are all my tubs of fabric... sorted by hue.

Those top two are pics of the spare room in which my parents graciously let me store the sewing stuff...

The rest of these are all the stuff in my room...

This is my closet in my bedroom... All that stuff is sitting on top of a dresser full of craftiness.

The little bookshelf with craft books and various other stuff...

That's all the crafty stuff in drawers sitting on top of the only dresser I use for clothing.

The books that I read.. sometimes... and more tubs of yarn... but I've only knitted two things ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Laura's
Astounding
Unique
Reserve
Apparatus'
Supplying

Brain
Rousing
Angelic
Idea
Nuggets

Check out my wedding blog @ engagement.sakuratenshi.com
tricyrtis
« Reply #128 on: August 07, 2006 06:35:54 PM »

dear everyone
thank you from the bottom of my fabric covered embroidered painted and beribboned heart. i read every single posting and all i can say is you all rock, you're all great, and thank you everyone. i had started to believe that first, i am mentally ill and second, that nobody else is this bad. there are 6 flat totes from walmart full of fabric in the back room, and beads and so on and then i learned to knit so naturally there is also a ton of yarn. now i'm on a quest to make it usable and resume making things. there are not enough hours in the day and days in the year to make everything there is to make, are there?

thank you again
tricyrtis
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Craftywife
« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2006 06:34:39 AM »

I'm on vacation next week; not going anywhere, just a chance to do some stuff around the house and relax before school starts again on the 21st.  My goal is to make some projects to use up some of the stuff, along with getting started on some handmade Christmas gifts.  9 days total, including the weekends -- I wonder if this is enough time?HuhGrin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...