A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: this is your brain on fabric... dealing with our addictions  (Read 58940 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

val_for_design
Shimmy to the left, and shake it to the right

I should be working...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2008 11:02:53 PM »

Refreshing the debate!

My housemate moved out a few months ago, and I decided to live by myself. I started telling friends, my parents, and myself that I like living alone (and it's true!), but the main reason is so I can have a dedicated sewing room. I need a wardrobe/rack/shelving unit, but otherwise everything is in there. Ironically, the sewing room is larger than my bedroom!

I pay just over (Australian) $1000 per month for the luxury of a sewing room...

That's dedication.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I suffer from SABLE -- Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy.

Crochet uses a hook. Pirates have hooks, and they are cool. So crochet is cool because of the hook.

"I'm the Fibre King, Michael. I'm the Fibre King." - Horatio Caine, CSI
kitschbitch
Stitchin'

Music, crafts, and dogs...all good.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #371 on: June 06, 2008 06:43:15 PM »

You are hardcore, val_for_design.  Hardcore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RonnieCat
Weird and Proud of it!

Pleased to meet you, I'm Shiyiya. *curtsies*

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 24, 2008 06:46:45 AM »

My yarn stash came down off my top bunk so I could rummage through it for materials the other day, so I decided to take a picture. It's still taking up most of my bed and not leaving me much room to sleep in.

My bed

My duct tape dress form that I think isn't the same size as me anymore tied to the bedpost with the sash of my bathrobe (and a belt I crocheted now being used with the bathrobe) Tongue

Oh, and my 20 or so yarns of gorgeous black and red plaid on the foot of my bed <3

YARN EXPLOSION

Oh, and way back in this thread I posted about buying some handles and yarn to make a purse? Two years ago. I just started working on that tonight. That yarn has been set aside in a bag for TWO YEARS.

I have problems Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster chat! Firefox users with Chatzilla installed, go to irc://irc.aniverse.com/craftster http://tinyurl.com/5vv88b has instructions for anyone else, and http://tinyurl.com/62ynka has a link for a browser-based chat Smiley
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: September 05, 2008 12:51:29 AM »

This is such a funny thread! I have serious problems with both yarn and fabric, but I really go crazy with soap making supplies. And a lot of this stuff isn't good forever, it has a shelf life! I was just inventory-ing my essential oils and fragrance oils...and I have over 20 essential oils and almost 50 fragrance oils. And I don't buy small amounts either, probably only 10 of those are 1 ouncers, the rest are either 8 or 16 ounce bottles. And I went on a major cleaning out a few months ago and got rid of bad ones and gave away ones I didn't want...probably 30 bottles worth. Yikes!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008 01:00:46 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
try.fail.repeat
Driven by insomnia and DIY.

It is possible to jazzersize to Slayer.

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 12, 2008 09:44:49 PM »

MY name is Rachele,

I am a fabric/yarn/thrifting for clothes to recon into other clothes/button/paint/ you name it I hoard it addict.

It's pathetic. I seriously spend more time buying new stuff to sew with than I actually do sew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P. US Army Pfc. Jason Cox 06.16.08
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

« Reply #375 on: September 13, 2008 06:33:26 AM »

I can justify my yarn stash, because I do actually get through it regularly and need to replace.  I do plastic canvas so I need to have a colourful range on hand.  However, I have NO EXCUSE for my GIGANTIC fabric stash.  The main reason being that I don't actually do that much sewing, lol.  I buy fabric and I buy patterns.  Every once in awhile I'll make curtains or an apron or something.  But my intake is much bigger then what I use.  I mean I have ugly yellow curtains that I don't even KNOW why I'm keeping them.  I'll certainly never hang them in my house.  lol.   

I have several gorgeous christmas fabrics.  I don't use them because I don't feel any project is good enough.  Last year I finally made a table cloth out of one, reasoning that if I needed it would be easy to reuse!!!  What is wrong with me?  hahaha  Seriously, I need a psychiatrist or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dollbecky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ADHD crafter, jack of all trades..master of none

« Reply #376 on: September 15, 2008 05:23:30 PM »

I have a problem
I refused to join my husband in USA unless he let me bring at least half my stash ....he shipped it over in the end
Now I live in LA ...and am only allowed in the fashion district 2/3 times a year (did I mention our tiny grad student apartment) but the biggest sign of my crazy craft addiction is my yarn and roving stash ....I dont spin or felt or knit ....but I always want to learn and yarn is so pretty and roving is so yummy and and and ...help me !!!!
I have craft supplies for crafts I dont even do  **head in hands**
Oh and I work in a bookstore that lets me order any book I want and get 33% off ..I have many many craft books
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #377 on: October 10, 2008 08:48:22 PM »

So my problem is fabric.  And it manifested itself very nicely tonight.  I pulled out my three bags of purple fabric to start something for a friend and hesitated... that's right, hesitated... before I could make myself cut into any of it.  I think as of right now I have at least two to three bags of fabric in any given color of the rainbow in a huge trunk in my bedroom and I still have trouble using it.

Lately though, I've been getting better.  I made a few scrap quilts and finished up some projects.  I think Christmas this year will be good for me.  I'm planning on making a bunch of things,  hopefully getting rid of some of this enormous stash.

And then of course, I'll just have to go to the amazing quilt store in my town and get more...Wait... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
kstaron
« Reply #378 on: November 18, 2008 06:20:09 AM »

gods don't let me loose in a bead store! I can spend hours in there.  And fabric, well I can always come up with something I'd like to do with it, if only I had the time.

I've pretty much put a moratorium on craft supply buying unless Its for
1) a project I'm currently working on RIGHT NOW, as in I need glue and 4 buttons or it ain't getting done
or
2) It's on my needed supply list for a project that id actually on my to do list with a desired completion date of under two months

Still slip up and buy some really great deal fabrics but I'm managing to stash bust more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: November 18, 2008 12:38:00 PM »

I also have been trying not to buy any more fabric for my stash unless it is for a project that I am currently working on.  I have a had a few slips and have bought a few fat quarters,   but I have been using more than I am buying.    Despite having done my best this year to stash bust,  (and I have been very busy all year),  I have hardly made a dent in the stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oscar Movie Makeup Tutorials Grow More Popular
Bibhu Mohapatra Fall 2014 NYFW Backstage, Interviews & Runway
The 5 Minute Makeup Tutorial
Nail a Half-Moon Manicure with This Easy DIY Trick
How to Get Rid of Nail Stains
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...