A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
814 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: this is your brain on fabric... dealing with our addictions  (Read 56377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

InkKitten
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006 10:49:33 PM »

i must admit, i've bought a whole bolt of fabric before, just so no one else could have it. i've never done anything with it. i'm a bad person  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Think you can handle it?
http://Http://www.luckyeddie.net
yea, i didn't think so . . .
elqouence30
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006 11:16:30 PM »

*raises a meaty hand*

Hi, Tony here--- I'm a craft-supply addict.

It started off innocent enough--- with a nice tackle box for embroidery floss and ribbons and needles and such.  Then the second bin came into being for all the acrylics and brushes and mediums and whatnot.  After a while, furniture was required: a filing cabinet for all the handmade papers and clippings of ephemera and stamps and scissors.  Soon I was looking for all sorts of places to hide my addiction: Risers to make the bed higher to give me 9 extra inches of storage (yeah, that was caftgasmic.)- and the linen closet gave up 3 shelves worth of sundries to store the hardware needed for everything... 

Now, I can't pass by an antique beer crate without going, "That'd be perfect to hold my greeting cards."--- I'm getting to be a container-holic as well...

I need some serious help here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006 06:45:39 AM »

Yo!

All of the above!

I've told myself time and time again...."Out of the trenches BY CHRISTMAS!"

But when Christmas comes, I'm still neck deep in STUFF!

But it's gets worse sometimes, too.....I also LOVE BOOKS! And our Friends of the Library Book sale (once a year in October) ends their 3 day sale with an "All you fit in a grocery bag for $2" sale.

Resistance is futile.

I'm doomed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stephen Weaver
Textile boffin

Crusader for a day.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006 07:04:53 AM »

SABLE? Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy!  I was introduced to this concept recently by another Craftster, who kindly agreed to me being Prince Consort.  More junior Princesses welcome, also room for pageboys and serving wenches! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You know what the quilters say - "She who dies with the biggest stash wins!"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006 01:57:20 PM by Stephen Weaver » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enthusiastic worker in almost all textile media, currently heavily involved in theatrical costumes.  Also love papier-mach and mosaic work and gardening.  Happy to meet new people too. 
I DO STASH SWAPS - SEND ME YOUR EXCESS OR UNWANTED MATERIALS AND I WILL SEND MINE!
McJulie-O
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006 07:11:25 AM »

You know what the quilters say - "She who dies with the biggest stash wins!"

My cousin quit her job as a mathematician for NASA so she could buy and run  a fabric store, and she always would say that to me, adding, "And so far, I'm ahead of you!"  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Clay Pants
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006 07:26:39 AM »

I have to move in a couple months, and I'm trying desperately to purge my collection of yarn, facbric, magazines, and stuff, I jsut dont know where its all going to go. And one of my future roommates is just as bad if not worse, so I think we may end up using the whole basement as an arts and craft room, and forgo on the 5th roommate... the things we do to for our stashes....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RonnieCat
Weird and Proud of it!

Pleased to meet you, I'm Shiyiya. *curtsies*

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006 10:53:49 AM »

my grandmother does about a half-dozen crafts on a regular basis.  shes a member of so many clubs and guilds i dont know how she keeps track of it all.  shes in at least three different flower-arranging guilds!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

0100011101000101010 0010101001011

Craftster chat! Firefox users with Chatzilla installed, go to irc://irc.aniverse.com/craftster http://tinyurl.com/5vv88b has instructions for anyone else, and http://tinyurl.com/62ynka has a link for a browser-based chat Smiley
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006 08:00:35 PM »

I've told myself time and time again...."Out of the trenches BY CHRISTMAS!"

OHHH this gave me a start! I went what??
My husband is a mucisian and I'm a volunteer on a committee and we put on a HUGE Xmas concert every year and raise big bucks for local charities. One of the MOST requested songs for the past fifteen years has been "Christmas In The Trenches!" I am so sorry to highjack this thread but when I read that i jumped!
 But I will now come back to reality and say that I have fabric hidden in the bathroom the basement the bedroom the laundry room ...... and everyone thinks it's just a pile of clothes that I've grown out of! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftywife
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006 07:20:19 AM »

I have, within the last year or so, found my crafty soul hiding within me.  So far, I've been pretty organized with everything; my husband built some shelves that take up an entire wall.  He gave me a nut / bolt organizer his grandmother gave him.  When he gave it to me, I thought, "Well, perhaps I'll use it one day".  Now it's chock full of beads and wire and my beading board, and I'm running out of space on my shelves.  I can't go to Joanne's and buy just one thing.  If I can get in and out within 15 minutes, my husband is impressed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lithium.kitten
Clickable

less-than-three

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006 01:21:55 PM »

Oh geez... I buy fabric from the bargin-bin at wal*mart wheneve I go and I never really do anything with... I also print out tuts and all that jazz... but I never get around to it.
I feel so bad, other people could have used it by now  Lips sealed
My closet is a mess, my floor is covered with craftiness. And I can't just throw it all out, it's good fabric!  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Sewing Flesh To Fabric Since 1996-
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blueberry-Lemon Pancakes Recipe
Pancakes 3 Ways: Banana Walnut, Chocolate Chip, and Blueberry Ricotta
Puff Pastry Tarts with Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries
Grilled Chocolate Sandwich Recipe
Raspberry-Filled Molten Chocolate Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...