A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,169
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dealing with too many devices and their chargers?  (Read 659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annam42

http://fortytworoads.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2006 05:07:25 PM »

so, my phone, my wireless headset for the phone, my hubby's phone and headset, his palmpilot, my camera, his camera, our video camera, and i just got an ipod for a present...

clearly we're lucky to be able to have all these things (having a baby really makes everyone give you presents that record said baby, we've found!), but... i am sick to death of not knowing where the chargers are, leaving things all over the place to get charged, having wires dangle everywhere and trying to keep them out of reach of said baby, etc.

so i figure someone somewhere out there in super fantastic craft land must have figured out a good way of dealing with this situation. a special shelf of some kind? please help me out, smart crafty people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elqouence30
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006 07:23:34 PM »

Ok... Ok... I'll share... 

While I'm not one for putting things in closets--- I totally did this with all my geekwares...  I'm lucky enough that my front closet is conveniently located next to a power outlet...  And is one of those 2 bi-fold doors sized closets...  So...

I ran an extention/surge supressor into the closet and made a set of shelves for the interior...  What did I use?  And old salvage door.  The knob-hole (damn that sounds dirty) is in the back (dirtier) and was the right size to run all the cords and whatnot through.  The bottom 2 shelves hold shoes, btw.

The added benefit of this: aside from not having to see all that spaghetti, is that I always know where my digicam's at- where the extra (and charged) AAA's are, and I had room to add a small cachepot for pocket items--- so I now I always have a place to put all the stuff from inside my coats and jackets when I take them off and hang them in the closet.

This might not work for your situation- but I figured I'd share my solution.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006 08:55:20 PM »

me I got a cheap rectangular box from my local walmart. I drilled two holes in the back, one on each side.  you then flip the box backwards. You then only see cords. Hey what would happen if you dilled the holes in the side?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006 08:57:36 PM by flying_babyb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
slb2724
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006 09:13:39 PM »

me I got a cheap rectangular box from my local walmart. I drilled two holes in the back, one on each side.  you then flip the box backwards. You then only see cords. Hey what would happen if you dilled the holes in the side?

but now you dont have cords, but you do have a huge box....i would agree with what elqouence30 said.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
annam42

http://fortytworoads.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006 08:39:15 AM »

cool. thanks for the suggestions - i took them and ran with it a little my own way. what i ended up doing is taking a surge protector and running it under my desk - literally attached to the underside of my desk (it's cheap ikea mdf, so i'm not stressed about putting holes in it) - and poked 3-4 inches of each charger through the laptop-wire hole that my desktop had in it already. so all you see are those little nubs sticking out, and they are all in one place and easy to get to, and you can't readily see the desk underside where the other things are attached. works for me, and hopefully works to keep the baby away from them as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polybeadry
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006 10:02:12 AM »

Have you been on a trip with the baby yet? I took my daughter on a trip last month and I had to bring the camera battery charger, my cell phone charger and the portable DVD charger for the car, plus the monitor and the reciever for the monitor. Well I guess its nice to have all this stuff but still....that's a lot of cords.

I might try to make something for all my chargers too, thanks for the ideas guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty.Old.Hipster?
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006 10:45:53 PM »

but if you put the bo backwards (wall mounted) you have a shelf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Victoria Meringue Sponge Cake
How to Make a New York-Style Cheesecake
How to Make Galaktoboureko
How to Make a Perfect Salted Caramel Cake
Birthday Cake Ideas for Girls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...