A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 306,352
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Augusta.  (Read 6231 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pawnshoppromises
« on: May 23, 2006 04:04:08 PM »

Just wondering, any other crafters from the Augusta area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
artxinxlies

don't.fall.in.love.with.everyone.you.see

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006 09:27:30 PM »

*raises hand*  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
merricat17
Strange Grounds

Strange Grounds Coffee, 1417 S Broadway, Denver CO

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006 09:43:48 AM »

I'm from California, but currently residing in Augusta.  (yay ft. gordon.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
pawnshoppromises
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006 09:45:10 PM »

Oh good, so I'm not the only one.  Grin

Would either of you two know of anywhere (besides Michael's) to get great crafting goodies? I've searched high and low, and turned up pretty much bone dry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
artxinxlies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006 10:47:21 AM »

hmmm joannes for fabric

there's this yarn/knitting/crochet etc store on washington road and one in furry's ferry station...hmm if I think of any more I'll let you know....

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pseudoephedrine
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006 07:31:46 PM »

I'm in Augusta too  Smiley

I was going to suggest the yarn shop on Washington Road, as well...other than that, I can't think of any good places.

If you want something to reconstruct, the Goodwill's near the mall has a bunch of interesting stuff.

Pawnshoppromises, your rat is adorable Cheesy She looks a little bit like my rat, Milton.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artxinxlies

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006 08:27:34 AM »

My boyfriend's brother's name is milton! lol And yeah that goodwill is freakin' huge!!

anyone go to ASU or anything?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elphelba
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006 12:41:28 PM »

I'm from North Augusta, so I guess that sorta counts. Different state, but I'm closer to here than most of the groups in South Carolina. Hobby Lobby is like a really great Michael's. It has a lot of stuff, and they always have some sort of goodies on sale for 33-50% off. That's in Aiken (a good half an hour to fourty-five minutes from Augusta) but it's deffinately worth it. They have a huge selection, and are really reasonably priced.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
merricat17
Strange Grounds

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006 01:58:10 PM »

i don't go to the jo-anne's, i prefer the hancock's here on washington.  the staff is really nice and know me and my daughter pretty well.  but the embroidery thread from the instore bernina centre (i have a pretty big beef with them....grrr...) is way overpriced.  if you can wait like a week and a half, i bought embroidery thread from this ebay seller in India, and i have never been more pleased.  they sent a bunch of bindis, the colors are beautiful, bright, and inexpensive, even with the shipping it adds up to less than what you pay at the store.  also, they shipped them in cloth bags that were sewn shut- so neat. i ended up ordering four sets.  i think the seller is threadmatrix on ebay. (plus who doesnt love free bindis?!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
kelibare
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007 05:09:33 AM »

If you're looking for fabric, and they are still there, there is a great fabric place at the end of Bobby Jones, near Sam's.  It's actually on the same side of the road as Applebee's, on the other side of teh Huddle House or whatever, and I can't remember what it's called.  "Decorator's Outlet" or something.  Most of their fabric is really expensive, but I had great luck with their remnant room.  Stuff that was $20/yard marked down to $2/yard! 

I miss that place.  I moved from Augusta to Savannah in August.  It's one of the few things I really miss about Augusta.  =p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a lot of Lion Brand Homespun that I'd love to trade for something else!

http://www.wists.com/kgpwalters
http://www.myspace.com/kgpwalters
heil_kitler
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007 05:27:28 PM »

Besides Joanne's and Hancock's there is two fabric places across from Super Kmart and then one across from Walton Baptist Church.. They're pretty small though but they offer sewing lessons and such. o.o Haha more people are from Augusta than I thought there would be. X3

Do any of you go to Harlem Highschool? o.o
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pawnshoppromises
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007 12:29:56 AM »

Wow! I completely forgot I posted this until now..I'm so surprised that there are so many Augusta Craftsters!   Shocked Maybe we should all get together sometime?

Elphelba, I'm actually in North Augusta, too. I just asked if there was anyone from the Augusta area because more people tend to be familiar with that.  Roll Eyes Did you go to NAHS?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
MrsGraves
Proud Army Wife!

Yee-Haw!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007 06:11:55 PM »

This is my first post, so hello!  *waves*

I'm currently in Augusta, Fort Gordon to be exact, and dying to meet some other crafters!  I know the basics for knitting and crocheting but would love to learn more, and am going to venture into sewing some felt "monsters" sometime soon!  If anyone would like to chat about crafts and what not feel free to drop me a message on AIM at justTHATgoodxo or on my myspace at www.myspace.com/davysgirl

Nicole Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap anything crocheted for a Poppet!

My Blog:  www.livejournal.com/users/MamaCatCrochet
My Wist:  www.wists.com/MrsGraves
heil_kitler
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007 09:04:35 AM »

I'm currently in Augusta, Fort Gordon to be exact, and dying to meet some other crafters!  I know the basics for knitting and crocheting but would love to learn more, and am going to venture into sewing some felt "monsters" sometime soon!  If anyone would like to chat about crafts and what not feel free to drop me a message on AIM at justTHATgoodxo or on my myspace at www.myspace.com/davysgirl

Nicole Smiley

Haha I'm within walking distance of you. I live in a small neighborhood right outside of Fort Gordon. My dad is in the army so chyeaaa. :] He's stationed in Iraq right now though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MrsGraves
Proud Army Wife!

Yee-Haw!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2007 05:18:08 PM »

Nicole Smiley

Haha I'm within walking distance of you. I live in a small neighborhood right outside of Fort Gordon. My dad is in the army so chyeaaa. :] He's stationed in Iraq right now though.

Oh how neat!  My husbands in the Army, hence me being here .. I'm pretty sure we're about the youngest married couple here with no children, haha Tongue  I'm sorry to hear about your Dad being stationed in Iraq though, that must be tough Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap anything crocheted for a Poppet!

My Blog:  www.livejournal.com/users/MamaCatCrochet
My Wist:  www.wists.com/MrsGraves
Megs
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007 06:23:19 PM »

Fort Gordon here, well at least for 6 more months or till hubby gets done with his training.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimiw
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007 06:21:29 AM »

Uh - I am so excited I found this thread! 

My husband and I are moving from Charleston to Augusta...ummm...soon.  He starts working up there on October 1st and I am going up Friday to speedshop for a house. 

It will definitely make the move a little better knowing there are other craftsters around!

Mimi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jupster75

wife, mom, sewer, tatter, cross stitcher

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008 06:49:34 PM »

I cannot believe I have not seen this thread before. I have lived in Augusta all of my life. Hey fellow Augusta folks out there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
merricat17
Strange Grounds

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008 08:32:20 PM »

heh, sorry jawjuh craftsters- my better half got out of the army, so we got the heck out of dodge (fort gordon) and now we live in colorado.  its very very cold!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
Sunshine224
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008 06:15:37 PM »

HI!  I'm also in Augusta.
Ditto on the shops mentioned.

Michael's, JoAnn (note new location by the mall), Hancock Fabrics, In Stitches, Hobby Lobby (N.Augusta)...

There is also Sew-lynn (aka Knit Together) on Fury's Ferry Rd, and Barbara Sue Brodie Needleworks in Aiken.

If you really need help with a project or need to do troubleshooting, I'd suggest you see the woman at In Stitches (Washington Rd behind Applebee's).  She seems the nicest of people at the stores in this area.

I know Barbara Sue Brodie does classes, and I think In Stitches and Knit Together may do classes.  I actually learned how to knit from Barbara Sue Brodie.  She's not the most patient teacher in the world, so if you don't catch on quickly, it might not be worth the drive.

Aside from the stitch-ins at some of the local stores, I haven't heard of any groups that got together to craft/swap.  If anyone is interested in putting a local group together I'd be all for it.

~Sunnie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft under pressure
mimiw
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008 05:52:06 AM »

I have only been in Augusta for less than a year and I am leaving in about a week but I wanted to mention that Branum's Vacuum Center on Washington Rd. has some nice quilting fabrics and they offer tons of classes.  They have a newsletter that has info about local quilting and sewing clubs as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HatchMarket
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008 10:51:28 AM »

On Bel Air in Evans... there's this house with a gravel driveway... it's a fabric store on the left and I think the people live on the right.  Anyway, they have a lot of special occasion fabrics BUT their button selection is huge and best of all is the clearance nook.  I bought piles of lace and string and fabric scraps for next to nothing.  Such fun!

I just can't remember the name of it.   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ethanol_Emillee
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009 11:38:44 AM »

im from augusta. technically evans, but most people don't know where it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein

http://emilleejoyce.wordpress.com/
jupster75

wife, mom, sewer, tatter, cross stitcher

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009 04:36:17 PM »

im from augusta. technically evans, but most people don't know where it is.

I'm technically from Martinez.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hammycakes
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010 12:37:17 PM »

Ok, I know I'm late in the game here, but just in case anyone else from the area ever comes along- we are in the process of putting together a casual craft group for the Augusta area. If you are around the Augusta area and interested in meeting other local crafters, please click over to http://groups.google.com/group/craftCSRA and mention that you found the group via Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hammycakes
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010 09:13:04 AM »

also, check us out on craftCSRA on facebook. we have a fabric/supply swap coming up at the beginning of June!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Set Up A Holiday Yogurt Brunch Buffet
A Pizza ... In a Cheeseball?!
A Cannoli Cheeseball?! Learn How to Make This Delicious Treat
Try This Honey-Dijon Twist on a Delicious Party Dish
Your Party Guests Will Love This Hawaiian Cheeseball
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...