A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My waldorf dolls, or how teddybearbones helped create a monster 8-)  (Read 1584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

laminathegreat
Queen of the Universe

Is not here.

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2006 06:42:12 PM »

I've been on a dlol making fling since I gave birth. My baby needs handmade toys, you know. I looked at different dolls and realy took a liking to the Waldorf style of dolls. But really, it's hard to find instructions online. I just couldn't quite wrap my brain around it. Until I saw teddybearbones tutorial. I made one.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/laminathegreat/doll.jpg

She looks kinda silly- she's way out of perportion. (and I can't spell.) I think she looks like those robots from "Castle in The Sky." This pict was taken before I added crazy purple handspun hair- which turned out to be the baby's favorite feature. Even looking silly, baby loves it. The arms and legs are perfect for sucking on.
Inspired, I went looking for books. I'm a book person, and I wasn't getting to far on the internet. I found "Making dolls" by Sunhild Reinkins (I spelled it wrong) and "Making Waldorf Dolls" by Maricristin Sealy. I LOVE "making Waldorf dolls." It has perportions and clothing patterns. My journy to the dark side is complete.

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/laminathegreat/waldorfdolls001.jpg

The two dollies side by side. Yah, the second one was MUCH better. 8-)

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g141/laminathegreat/waldorfdolls003.jpg

I made them matching outfits. I MADE DOLL CLOTHES!! I've been stuck on clothes for a while, my tiny's doll had been naked. Now I have something to do with the mountain of scraps I've collected!
 The second doll went to a little 3 year old friend. Her mom was my childbirth class teacher and good friend. My baby and her share a birthday (3 years difference). And since she's moving and we moved, I figured a goodbye present would be nice. And an uber cute story came from that if anyone wants to hear....

« Last Edit: November 06, 2014 09:25:40 AM by meleriffic - Reason: Inserted thumbnail image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006 10:06:17 PM »

Your doll looks great! Those dolls are anything but easy to make!
My son goes to Waldorf and I drool over these dolls on a regular basis - but he's 4th grade and passed the doll point, so I haven't had a really good excuse to make one of these yet.
Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006 05:20:58 PM »

I'm glad I helped ;] I learned how in school, but I also follow a lot of what the Sunnhild Reinkins book tells.. it's about 10 bucks at the school office, and has the littler dolls in it too.

Selkie: you should see if your school has a doll circle that makes them for the May and Christmas Fair. My mum ran one when I was still in kindergarten. ;]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006 05:32:53 PM »

and I'd love to hear your uber cute story Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006 04:05:38 AM »

Our school has a crafter's circle, but they haven't done dolls since I've been there. I started one of the star dolls, same type head, but my perfectionism took over and I haven't gotten past the head part. One of my dear friends makes them really well, but I haven't had the time (grad school and other son has autism/asperger's) to get around to doing one for myself - maybe this summer when I get all my incompletes written for school... just needed to vent a bit.
I've made quite a few of the knitted gnomes from the Children's year - knitting is my therapy of late...
Thanks for letting me ramble on for a bit.... Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"Hair With Hollie": How to Create Big Cheryl Cole-Inspired Hair
How to Get a Straight-Off-the-Runway Hairstyle in 30 Seconds
Do You Shampoo Too Often?
Celebrity Hair Style: The Lob Trend
Product Round Up: Top Brushes For Volume & Teasing
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...