A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  It's time to vote!  Which Craftster member rocked dollar store crafting?  Cast your vote here!
Total Members: 305,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
423 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: so this is pretty tough.  (Read 1190 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

justxlove
« on: May 21, 2006 04:32:29 PM »

last night i met this guy at a show. he was the merch guy. and i just had the best time ever.
and i had told him that i had to speed home to get home before curfew so of course the kid
gives me his number 'to make sure i get home alright' well we talked till 6am. and he is just
my favorite person ever. and hes made it obvious that he likes me and even said it. well theyre
heading out west right now for the tour. but they will be back in the area june 9th thru the 14th
so i want to make him a little memory book or something to remind him of me. does anybody
have any ideas at all? i know i can add a pop rocks thing because well we talked about that
but other than that im fresh out of ideas. and this is a real tough thing since ive only met him once.
maybe itll be a memory book of me. like little things about me but i dont know what to put
in it. a picture of me, the poprocks, yeah anything else? thanks for all the help. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
betsyisrad

"no duh" is a product of fear.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006 04:41:47 PM »

what kind of show?

(which bands?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we're born to die.
bancher
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006 02:23:46 AM »

a photo of you talking on the phone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justxlove
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006 03:19:07 PM »

oo well thats a good one.

um yeah, like a concert.
hes the merch guy for a band called dropout high.
http://myspace.com/dropouthigh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
unmadehearts

unmade hearts and broken beds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006 07:42:09 PM »

hmmmm I wouldnt go with anything too cheesy since you just met the dude, I would go with something thats more of an inside joke between the 2 of you, like for example when my ex and I met we joked around about stalking each other and that turned into spy vs spy talk so now whenever we just want to let each other know we're thinking about one another we can send a pic of spy vs spy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pixi_jasmine
Jмηз

Im working on it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006 06:59:08 AM »

yeah - this one is pretty tough - Im doubting you want to give something very personal or anything of that sort since you have just met the guy...um.
Im not too sure a memory book would be the right thing for him - but if you want to go with that idea - you can always have one of those matchbox type "book" where you place a teeny pic of you, probably something that you two spoke about, a picture of the place you two met, a lil card saying something like '1-800-xxx (his number) JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU GET HOME SAFE', probably a four leaf clover or lucky charm for the tour, poprocks...and so on...

Or you can always do Charm in a MATCHBOX - omg...yeah..why not? Then he can carry it everywhere in his pocket Tongue
in your case stick a few poprocks in a teeny lil bag - just use a normal plastic bag, pour a tiny amount and knot the amount to a corner of the plastic and snip off the rest.. [the rocks would be the charm(s)], decorate the box with a pic of you or whatever...then add a little paper that says: 'A charm that'll bring you luck when you think of me' Smiley

hmm.
Hope this helped a tad bit. All the best!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006 07:02:36 AM by pixi_jasmine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

typicalblonde
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006 04:59:18 AM »

if i'm totally honest i think you should give it another week to two weeks at least before you give him anything. i mean this in the nicest way, its just he sounds like a lovely guy but maybe you should wait till you get to know him a teensy bit better. this also means in a few weeks time you'll probably have tons more ideas of what to make for him, and also more things to tell us craftsters so we can brainstorm with you!

If you really want to make him something right now though I suggest maybe something food-related, so you can invite him over to eat it with you (i mean like cookies or cake btw, not a 5 course dinner lol), and thus get to know him better! plus, they always say that the way to a boy's heart is through his stomach!  Smiley

hope it all goes ok!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
betsyisrad

"no duh" is a product of fear.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006 10:25:48 AM »

something that would be cool to do would be to make him a mix tape (like actual tape) or just burn him a cd of songs you think he will like, that you like. A tape is cool if he drives and has an older car with a tape deck in it.

good luck Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

we're born to die.
justxlove
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006 02:16:27 PM »

thanks so much for the ideas.
they are all lovely. :]

and i wasnt really planning on giving him something immediately
just when the tour headed back thru my way.
i just wanted some ideas ahead of time so i could have them ready.

but yeah. weve been talking atleast four hours a night
since the night of the show so weve gotten to know each other a lot better.
theres a few little 'inside jokes' we could do
but i wouldnt know how to craft them in any form but idk.
im sure ill find a way. :]

anyhow thanks for the ideas
and id appreciate some more.
and for the memory book i think i could put a
page of like the first night we met
and just leave some blank for the next times were together.
does anyone think thats a good idea?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

unmadehearts

unmade hearts and broken beds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006 10:22:50 PM »

aww I'm glad you guys are still talking so much!
its so hard when the guy is on tour, I'm sure he will be floored by whatever you decide to make for him if I think of anything else I'll let ya know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Choose Your Virtual Film Speed
How to Choose Your Shutter Speed
Recipe Photo Shoot
How to Clean a Camera Lens
How to Make a Mini Tripod for Your Camera
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...