A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Supplies. Articles, Deals  (Read 25383 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pipstress
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2009 11:00:11 AM »

Has anyone else ever had this experience? You need another skein of a particular floss color, and every store you go to happens to be out of it! aaargh! I drove all over last weekend looking for a 35 skein of floss!!! My local quilt & needlework shops were closed b/c it was Saturday afternoon, so I ended up trying Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and Michael's, all of whom were out (even the Michael's where I bought a skein of it a week ago.) I don't like to buy floss at Joann's because their floss bins are usually such a wreck, but I can see desperate measures are needed! Sadly, during my search I found plenty of other must-haves, some of which ended up coming home with me. sigh

Anywho, while I was at a Hancock Fabrics I noticed they're switching from DMC to Sullivan's floss. Anyone ever use Sullivan's? They didn't have a close enough color match to my DMC floss color to use in an existing project, so I passed on it.

Upcoming sales at Hancock Fabrics:
Feb 12-13 50% off thread, including Mettler Metrosene and Coats & Clark, 99 Butterick patterns, and 5 for $5 on Simplicity patterns (pattern sale continues through 2/16). There's also a coupon for 50% off any one red fabric Feb 12-13 in their current flyer (www.hancockfabrics. com)
Feb 14-16 batiks, batting, fleece, dress trims on sale (40-50% off); Butterick and Simplicity patterns still on sale.
Feb 19-22 50% off all notions; Vogue patterns $3.88 each.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bookwormbethie
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2009 12:33:57 PM »

i was at joann's the other day and they are having a sale fri 2/13 - mon 2/16, one of the things on sale is dmc floss, 4 for a $1, pretty good to me since most of the stores by me are selling them for 33 to 35 cents now.

That's awesome. I wonder if it will be available online. There isn't a Joann's near me at all.

i don't know  Huh    but you could go to their website and at least check to see if you even sell it online.  create4less.com might sell dmc online fairly cheap, i haven't ordered from them before but i've heard good things
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookwormbethie
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2009 12:35:45 PM »

Anywho, while I was at a Hancock Fabrics I noticed they're switching from DMC to Sullivan's floss. Anyone ever use Sullivan's? They didn't have a close enough color match to my DMC floss color to use in an existing project, so I passed on it.
[......

hhhmmmm.... my hancocks switched from dmc to anchor, but dmc is still available in some colors which was great cuz i was able to get a handful that I was nearly out of for about 20 cents a skein when they had a sale a couple of weeks ago
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenniferofthejungle
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2009 12:22:52 PM »

i don't know  Huh    but you could go to their website and at least check to see if you even sell it online.  create4less.com might sell dmc online fairly cheap, i haven't ordered from them before but i've heard good things

Thanks, bethie. I keep checking the site (they do sell the floss, but their regular price is too much) but there is no word of it yet. I'll definitely check on Friday, and if it isn't available online I'll just trek to Michaels for their usual 35 cents a skein.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009 02:22:18 PM by jenniferofthejungle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2009 01:20:57 AM »

A bunch of the little Kreinik collections (they come with 8 spools of shiny floss and a pattern) appear to be on sale at the JoAnnes up in my neck of the woods.  Might be something worth looking in to, since these little things are usually $15+ for me, but the sale price was $7 and change. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
Fidget
You have my undivided atten...Look! A bunny!

la-da-dee la-da-daa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2009 07:01:07 AM »

Thanks for the heads-up, Listessa!  Two things I love are shiny and embroidery supplies! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I feed my soul with the stitches I sew.
My Wists
I practice random acts of kindness at random moments for random reasons.
bookwormbethie
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2009 10:22:47 AM »

was at joann's today.  flyer says dmc floss 29 cents each (limit 30) fri may 22- mon may 25.  the front of the flyer also has a 10% off entire purchase (rgualr and sale priced items) so that would bring the floss down to about 26 cents per skein!  yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listessa
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2009 10:16:43 PM »

was at joann's today.  flyer says dmc floss 29 cents each (limit 30) fri may 22- mon may 25.  the front of the flyer also has a 10% off entire purchase (rgualr and sale priced items) so that would bring the floss down to about 26 cents per skein!  yay!

Oh score...  I've got to go snag some fliers and grab some of the colors I need.  Cheesy  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
TreeCactus

www.needlenthread.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2009 04:55:25 PM »

For those of you who like embroidering on - or silk screening on - or whatever - flour sack towels, American Chair store has their Deluxe flour sack towels on sale right now, $15.90 for a dozen. Now, I know that makes them over $1.00 each, but - they are the best flour sack towels for embroidery! They're 30x30 square (they have other sizes, but I like the square!), pre-washed, pre-shrunk, pre-ironed, so you can set to work on them as soon as they arrive, they're a nice weight of fabric with a fairly dense weave - all around great for flour sack towels! (And oh-so-much nicer than the ones I've found at Target, Hobby Lobby, etc., that feel like cheese cloth more than flour sack...)

So, if you use flour sack towels for crafting, you might want to check out the ACS:

http://www.americanchairstore.com/floursacktowels.html

I used one of their towels on this project:

and it was really nice to stitch on!

So, if you're looking for flour sack towels, and want some good ones that are on sale right now, you'll save about $3 if you get them by the dozen from ACS while they're on sale!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tree
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
http://www.needlenthread.com
geek_goddess
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2009 07:45:05 AM »

The little bunny is adorable!
Sorry, nothing to contribute here. Just had to say that  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D Getting Started: Part 1 - Setup
Canon SD770 IS: Set White Balance Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Underwater Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Timer Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Spot Meter Function
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...