A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
380 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEW s n' b book to be out late fall!  (Read 42348 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ax174
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004 05:24:02 AM »

You can read more about the book at the publisher's web site:
http://www.workman.com/catalog/pagemaker.cgi?076113591X

Some projects listed:
"The Om Yoga Mat Bag. Felted Monster Slippers. The London Calling Union Jack Sweater, because even punks get cold in winter. A Double-Duty Shrug. Polka Dot Tankini. That '70s Poncho. The Boob Tube. Spiderweb Capelet, Cabled Newsboy Cap, Chunky Baby Booties and Baby Bunny Hat. And the most ingenius project, a Knit-Your-Own Rock Star doll--with a choice of Joey Ramone or Henry Rollins."

THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004 05:37:31 AM »

Knit-Your-Own Rock Star doll--with a choice of Joey Ramone or Henry Rollins

Well, that's one way to get Henry to sleep with me Kiss! Seriously, I guess I will have to get my daughter working on her very own Rollins doll since she thinks he is uber-cool . . . but doesn't seem to get that he was a singer (if you can call it that) before he was a talking head on VH1. And there goes my very unique idea for a yoga mat bag!

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004 12:29:56 PM »

It'll be interesting to see how much cross-over there is between this book and Knit Wit (ISBN: 0060740701) by Amy Singer of knitty.com.  The cover of Knit Wit also shows a yoga mat bag:

« Last Edit: September 02, 2004 12:31:39 PM by ax174 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wordie
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2004 10:18:43 AM »

what do you think "hands-free" means on the knit wit cover? shouldn't we be, uh, using our hands?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yorkshirepudding
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2004 10:26:37 AM »

I believe it's referring the the fact that it's a spiral bound book and has an easel tto prop it up. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glccafar
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2004 10:26:40 AM »

I think it means that you don't need to hold the book open, because it has a spirl binding.  I agree that that's not great phrasing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004 05:24:44 PM »

I really like the pink scarf shown on cover of that book--Knit Wit. Does anyone have any idea what stitch pattern that is, or what wool I could use to get that look?It would be a great xmas gift for my mom Smiley
Thanks. Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassiemarie
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004 06:23:19 PM »

TERE, it looks like it is just don in garter stitch, you could get an effect like that by knitting 5 or 6 rows on a size 10 or so needle, and then knit one or two rows on a gigantic huge arse pair of needles, like a 35 or bigger.  It also looks like it was done with a fuzzy yarn so you could strand two strands together of "lion brand imagine" yarn it you are looking for a cheap way out.  good luck and let me know how it works for you!
--cassie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2004 06:10:30 AM »

I kind of like the looks of the yoga mat holder. I made my yogi's cats the Princes Snowball Cat bed from Sn'B as the cats like to nest in my yoga bag. Needless to say, they still do and I don't think that they like the cat bed that much. Knit Wit comes out on 9.28.04, BTW.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004 07:06:26 AM »

The timing of the release of the 2 books (S 'n' B Nation and Knit Wit) is kind of unfortunate.  For cash-strapped folks like me it means buying one or the other, not both.  This situation may apply to small public libraries.  Worse is that the 2 books will be compared by reviewers to the detriment of one or the other.  For example, the review of Knit Wit in Publishers Weekly states, "theres no shaking the feeling that (the author)s imitating Stoller".

According to the review, projects listed include, "hats, scarves and other warming devices, such as the 'too good to pass up' Postmodern Legwarmers; apparel (including a vest, skirt, pullover and bikini); as well as somewhat less useful items such as boas and cozies for items like ice cream pints and laptops."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004 08:30:03 AM by ax174 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VF COLLECTIONS: Luisa Beccaria Spring/Summer 2015 - Milan Fashion Week
Everyday SuperMomma: Green Beauty
LUSH Liquid Lipstick Review
Must Have December Beauty Launches
New Mom Eva Mendes Reveals Her Simple Beauty Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...