A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEW s n' b book to be out late fall!  (Read 42164 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: November 05, 2004 09:46:38 AM »

I called the B&Ns that my DH and I usually hit just to see if they have them in. Both stores have them on order (and in large quantities) and said that they should have them in any day. One is in NJ (maybe later today) and the other is in the Lehigh Valley area. Much better news than my stupid bookstore which is doing away with their frequent shopper card (she says with a huff and much disdain for their new "we'll-give-you-more-coupons" program).

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiewill

My beautiful baby girl

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 05, 2004 10:01:59 AM »

OMG! OMG! Thank you Debbie for the preview!!! I am so excited I can hardly wait!!! Esp. for the pattern editing section! And the flaming sweater! And the car-sessories!
Stupid Amazon--still tells me that it's expected to ship 10/14! But now lists release date as 11/14! *sigh* Oh well...I'm sure I'll love it when I get it!
(and that bunny hat will be adorable on my daughter for Easter!)

Thanks again, Debbie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 05, 2004 12:56:16 PM »

While amazon has the publishing date listed as Nov. 12 (said somewhere in a previous post), my amazon pre-order has an estimated delivery date of Nov. 4 - Nov. 5.  I haven't received a shipping notice, so I'm assuming it won't be on my porch when I get home from work.   Sad 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trust yourself.  You know more than you think you do.  -Dr. Spock
GirlMadchen
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2004 05:12:26 PM »

Well, i'm just jealous of you all. Here in Australia it seems we may not get it for several weeks, at least. I called Borders and they didn't even have it on their list of things coming in..... Sad And amazon postage charges are SOOOOOO expensive - as much if not more that the cost of the book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.redsuedekitten.com

http://redsuedekitten.etsy.com - red suede kitten's etsy shop - for colourful, original felt jewelry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redsuedekitten - my flickr page - lots of photos of my felt jewelry
acesulfamek
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2004 12:56:08 PM »

I got my copy yesterday!  When I came home from work, my boyfriend had picked it up for me.  I am so excited.  The Stitch n' Bitch I'm a member of actually got mentioned, with a little picture and everything, and my store where I work is listed in the back.  Wow.  I'm so pleased.  Also, I now know exactly what I will be working on, as soon as the Gift Knitting Season is over: "Lucky", a great-looking lacy wrap sweater made out of Rowan 4-Ply. 

In less-exciting news, at work we called Workman to ask them when we can expect our copies now that stores have them and all.  They now say that they're back-ordered.  The guy told us that they fulfilled the orders to big bookstores first, then smaller bookstores, and are just now getting to yarn shops, but that they have run out.  Can this be so?  I mean, he could just be telling us that to make us stop calling...  In any event, Ms. Stoller's doing an event with us next month and it would be pretty embarrasing not to have books for her to sign...

Bottom line: Giddy with patterny goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goodkarma
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2004 02:13:58 PM »

acesulfamek, where did your bf get your copy? I've been calling around the bookstores in Seattle but no one can tell me any info about when they'll even get them in.

On a happy note, I went to knithappens.com, Debbie's website, and saw that her book tour for SNB Nation will include a stop in Seattle in January! I'm so there!

Happy knitting,

nanobrid

yarn for brains

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2004 02:49:26 PM »

Sarahdotcom, I saw S n B in Christchurch Whitcoulls, for about $30
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CaptainRiley
Dirty Pirate

Methinks it is like a woozle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2004 03:03:57 PM »

I was just about ready to order my copy from Barnes and Nobel when my elderly (and dearly loved) cat crawled over in obvious pain and flopped on her side.

A couple hundred bucks of tests and emergency vet visits later, I'm going to have to put off any personal treats.  Since I'll be waiting a few months to get my hands on the book (I'm a student, not working this semester, so I'm living off a parental feed and the check for this month's rent and bills just went to the cat), I was wondering: I seem to remember hearing (perhaps in this very thread; in fact, most likely in this thread, which makes me look quite lazy but hell, it's been a long day)  that the project pictures for SnB Nation were going to go up on knithappens.com this weekend, like the original SnB pictures.  Is that still a this-weekend thing so I can stave off my SnB craving for a few months, or no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goodkarma
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2004 03:29:46 PM »

CaptainRiley,

I'm so sorry about your cat. It's hard to have unexpected injuries with a pet, stress-wise and money-wise.

I do remember Deb Stoller saying that she was going to try to get some pictures up this weekend at knithappens.com. Poor woman has rabid fans screaming for her book and her web updates... I so badly want to see pictures while I'm waiting for the book to come out.

CaptainRiley
Dirty Pirate

Methinks it is like a woozle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2004 05:16:12 PM »

Thank you, Karma.  Smiley  They were put up while I was off watching a movie (I'm rather drained now).  Yay!  Now, I must go drool.  I advise anyone who hasn't already noticed that the pictures have been posted join me.  Cheesy

(Edit: ....cat toys!)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2004 05:24:46 PM by CaptainRiley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Own Clay
How to Make Your Own Disco Ball
How to Find Glass Blowing Classes
How to Find Glass Blowing Jobs
How to Rent a Glass Blowing Studio
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...