A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
495 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEW s n' b book to be out late fall!  (Read 43848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babyduck
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2004 03:41:43 PM »

ugh! what a bummer! why must they torture us so?!

No kidding - I was going to order mine from Amazon, but realized I need some instant gratification.  As soon as it's released I'm going down to B&N and pick it up.  I can barely contain my enthusiasm.  My husband must think I've lost it.   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
debacle
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2004 03:46:57 PM »

hey guys -
thanks so much for preordering! the book should be coming to you in not *too* much more time..i just got my first copy in my hands today, from the first 10 copies to be printed! it's pretty big and fat and i'm pleased..i hope you guys dig it, too. there's a ton of patterns in here and it's all in color! woo woo! it always takes a while to go from the printer to the distributor and then to amazon and the stores...so hang in there..but it's being printed and should be on it's way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodkarma
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2004 04:22:09 PM »

Yippee! We can't wait to hold the book in our hands and pour over the designs and pictures over and over. I still do that with the first book, often.

Deb is the best!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shawnkyr

Do. Or do not. There is no try.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2004 05:45:43 PM »

That's great, Debbie!  I don't think I can wait for Amazon, either, so I just might be camping out in Barnes and Noble on the 4th.  I just finished "Skully" (my first sweater), and with the aid of "SnB" also just taught myself to knit right-handed--now I can knit in both directions.   Grin
Our whole SnB is looking forward to getting the new book!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

renrig210

The devil bunny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2004 07:57:41 PM »

ah deb, you're breakin' my heart here!  If you're just now getting yours, I'm gonna go ahead and bet that Barnes and Noble have lying little computers that say their hardcover will be out on Nov 1.

Alas, the anticipation shall continue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redbirdrae

David, by Hasselhoff

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2004 08:24:11 PM »

Er, will the paperback edition be out next week? Not that I'll wait if it's not--I'm more excited to get this book than I am to see the outcome of the election (mostly because I think I know how that'll turn out [/sad]). I'd like to be able to rush out to Barnes & Noble on the first day to grab it up, but, seeing as how they've yet to stock Knit Wit, I'm afraid it won't work out so well. Maybe I'll just go ahead and pre-order it so I have a wonderful present on my porch next week.

I also just want to say that I love the name of the book, and I feel very proud to be a member of the Stitch N Bitch Nation.  SNB taught me how to knit, and it's the most beloved hobby I've ever had.  Thanks for the times!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greenchick

Enough to make a pearl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2004 04:42:50 AM »

At least you all have a Barnes and Noble or Borders to pre-order from. Our little Walden Books won't pre-order it for me because they say that they can't. I am going to go back in and talk to the young dude that works there as he has been big help in the past and the "gentleman" that helped me that last time is never helpful (it always seems like I am imposing on him). I order Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitting Without Tears from them and the "gentleman" actually typed in "Living without Fear" first, then when I corrected him "Knitting Without Fear" and finally the correct title. UGH! He thought that the middle one would be the best title. It's either beg the young guy or beg my husband to pick up the book at the big stores on the way home from work.

Jill
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katiewill

My beautiful baby girl

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2004 08:55:22 AM »

Thanks for the update, Debbie!!! I'm so looking forward to it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2004 08:56:35 AM »

{Shaking} OMG!  Debbie, thanks for the update.......it is almost here!!!!!  {happy dance}  Woo-hoo!  

Boo  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2004 09:06:49 AM »

At least you all have a Barnes and Noble or Borders to pre-order from. Our little Walden Books won't pre-order it for me because they say that they can't.
You can always pre-order online! With some books they ship it early & you actually get it on it's release day!

If you're just now getting yours, I'm gonna go ahead and bet that Barnes and Noble have lying little computers that say their hardcover will be out on Nov 1.
Computers give an expected date give by the publisher. It's not supposed to come til november & if it's just being printed now, that's a good guess. Actually if it's just printing, it may be after november 1st that the stores actually get it. It has a few more miles to travel before it gets to the store!! 
I can't wait to see this book, the rock star sounds awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Curry Sushi
Chicken Lajawab Recipe
Crab Ravioli Wontons w/ Chef Susanna Foo at Gourmet Kitchen
How to Make Steamed Dumplings
How to Order Chinese Food in Chinese
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...