A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Moving to Montana?  (Read 2287 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cbgiggle2
« on: May 19, 2006 12:01:19 PM »

Hello,

I am thinking about moving to Montanta, Missoula, in a year or so after returning from a long awaited 9 months in NZ. My boyfriend is applying for law school and I am checking out different cities that he is considering moving to. I do a lot of art/craft stuff from recycled materials (rummage, junk, thrift store, odd crap, etc). Are there places in Missoula that sell "junk" both building supply type stuff and clothing, material, odd stuff.  Here in Madison, W there are so many places that I will miss. My favorite is a St Vinny that sells clothing and goods by the pound! There is also a store through the university that sells stuff from old computers, chemistry stuff, office supplies, chairs, cabinets, just about any kind of crap you could possibly need. Missoula seems like a pretty hip town, so I am not to worried abou selling stuff, but I want to see if there  are good supply resources. 

Carol Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

REcreate Designs
Missoula, MT
recreatedesigns@gmail.com
TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006 12:24:27 PM »

Carol Lynn,

By the time you get to Montana, my directory will be complete. I hope you'll find it usefull for finding thrift stores at least.

Michael

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShopper.Com for your shopping convenience.
Stray Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006 08:35:52 AM »

I haven't lived there for about 5 years, but it's only gotten bigger and there was plenty there then. It's a great town!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blessed.into.extinction
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006 10:40:16 PM »

I LOVE Missoula! I've visited there every summer of my life with my family, and now I go to college there! There are tons of second hand stores, import shops and hippie shops downtown, a dollar store, and both Jo Ann's and Michaels. Can't think of anything else right now, but I'm sure you'll find something you'll like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cbgiggle2
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007 08:33:12 PM »

well,

We are moving to Montana this summer and am starting to do research into markets and outlets to sell my crafty/art stuff.  I will be living in Missoula, but am willing to travel a bit. any help?

I am also looking for a part time job at a cool place, possilby creative? I have a degree in graphic design and have been working in the outdoor industry on the retail floor and as a buyer.  Any leads?

Carol Lynn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

REcreate Designs
Missoula, MT
recreatedesigns@gmail.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Keep Long Hair Tangle Free
How to Create Curly Hairstyles with Bouncy Curls
How to Create Curly Updos for Long Hair for Prom
How to Create Prom Updo Hairstyles
How to Do a Messy Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...