A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Tank and an OSW - several pics - edited to include a very rough pattern  (Read 2506 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chickenlady
« on: May 18, 2006 11:51:54 AM »

This is the first project I have posted pics of (not the first I have knitted though!) cos I have only just worked out how to post the pics    Roll Eyes

Anyhow I made myself a tank from some TLC cotton plus in a nice denim blue colour......

2x2 ribbing which makes it nice and stretchy and I added a row of eyelets under the bustline to try to make the best of my virtually non-existant bust......

I like it with the white ribbon threaded through (I wanted wider ribbon really but the thin stuff was all I could get)

but my DH thinks it looks better with the crochet chain threaded through....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/soarvalley/knitting/tank1.jpg

and a side view too

I would be interested to know what others think - use the crochet chain that I made for it before I bought the ribbon or keep the ribbon?Huh??

Then cos I had several balls left over (the tank took about one and a half 100g balls) I made an OSW to wear over the top.....

The tank is really comfy to wear too - I can see it becoming one of my fave summer tops  Smiley

just posted the pattern below, but realised that I probably should have editted this post to include it so will do it now....  please excuse the fact that it is so rough!

For the back  I cast on 72 stitches on 5mm needles using TLC cotton plus, and did K2p2 rib for aprox 8".  that brought it just about up to under my bust.  Then I made a row of eyelets by doing k2 YO k2together.  Then carried on with the k2p2 for another 4".
For the armhole shaping I cast off 6 stitches at each side and then on every other row decreased one stich at the armhole edge until I had 46 stitches left.  I also slipped the first stitch of each row to give it a nice edge.  once there were 46 stitches left I carried on knitting in the rib until the whole thing measured aprox 16".
The straps were made using 6 stiches in rib, and I cast off the center 40 stiches for the neckline, leaving 6 stiches each side on a holder and then knit the straps using those.  The straps on the back I made 2" long.

The front was made almost identically but came a bit lower at the neckline - I knitted that to 15" long before I started on the straps and those on the front are 3" long.  Then I sewed the whole thing together, crochet a chain and threaded it through.......

As far as the size of this goes, I have a 34" bust and if anything it is a little big on me, but it is very, very stretchy and probably would fit someone much larger than me quite easily..........

hope that helps and you can understand my rather vague description Smiley
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013 10:36:32 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
erincatherine
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006 12:30:39 PM »

beautiful!
i like the ribbon.  it adds a little bit of flair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop! Zeitgeist Yarns: www.zeitgeistyarns. etsy.com

and my brand new blog: www.zeitgeistyarns. blogspot.com
Lulu Clyde

Making it in Brooklyn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006 12:37:40 PM »

That looks cute together. I like the ribbon better. It lies flatter and looks more crisp than the crochet chain, but I do agree that a slightly thicker ribbon would be better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Necia
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006 01:03:11 PM »

I agree with your dh.  But then again I've never been a ribbon kind of gal.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

linda63pt
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006 01:07:48 PM »

They look great on you!
I second the crochet chain but I'm not a ribbon person either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachelo
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006 03:19:11 PM »

I love it (especially with the ribbon)!  What pattern did you use for your tank?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emily
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006 03:33:50 PM »

Crochet chain!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006 05:12:51 PM »

I'd definitely go with the ribbon.

Alison
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
kelliz
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006 07:10:23 PM »

That is cute!  I like the ribbon better.  Maybe you can just change them out depending on your mood?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty_kelly
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006 07:26:05 PM »

Wow, are we sending you mixed signals or what?  I like the crochet chain better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Short Hair Trend Taking Over Hollywood
How To Clip In Hair Extensions And Curl For Big Volume
Exclusive: How to Add Instant Bangs With Clip-In Extensions
Exclusive: How to Apply a Clip-In Ponytail
Exclusive: How to Add Volume to Your Hair With Clip-In Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...