A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Outsmart Canada Post Swap Gallery!  (Read 10060 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 09, 2006 10:57:32 PM »

I love those magnets and the beaded necklace is absolutely gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2006 07:00:23 AM »

Oh wow! I'm amazed at how much everyone was able to fit into those little packages...I think I was scared to test the limits (feels somewhat inadequate). Here's what I sent Krysta. It's a beaded necklace and matching bracelets:
[*img width=401 height=393]http://photo-origin.tickle.com/image/114/1/8/O/114180054O219863814.jpg[/img]

Thanks for posting a picture! The pendant is totally awesome. Grin

Anything from me yet? I wonder where the heck that package is!!

I remember a couple of times sending to Sask. and it took like 3-4 weeks to get my packages delivered... and I sent a friend a handwritten letter and a cd and it never arrived to her and she only  lives like 3.5 hours away from me in BC...oh and she sent me a postcard in mid-March and I didnt receive it until like last week! Am I the only one having bad luck with the postal system?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2006 09:45:21 AM »

Actually, I've had this sort of weird string of good experiences.  For example, last week I sent a package (a tp caddy actually) to my grandmother in law on saturday and she phoned me tuesday to thank me.  I was all wowed that it arrived that fast and she said, 'actually, dear, it came yesterday on monday'.  So that was less then 48 hours and I mailed on a weekend.  And then a package from England came in 5 days, instead of the 8-10 promised. 

Sorry Krysta.  They're probably just setting me up for something horrible. 

Has anyone else heard of all the terrible problems cp is having with their staff, fraud and thievery and such?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2006 11:21:51 AM »

Thanks for putting pictures up claypants. I love the clutch and pouch so much and the postcardsa have found their home in my postcard album. Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2006 11:35:04 AM »

vampirategurrl08 - that beaded birdie is so awesome! what technique(s) did you use to make it? I can do the peyote stitch, but this looks a little more involved than that. I'd like to learn something new so could you please give me some pointers/links/whatnot to help me? thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampirategurrl08
I'm kind of a big deal.

That's how I roll!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2006 12:48:22 PM »

Thanks for posting a picture! The pendant is totally awesome. Grin

Anything from me yet? I wonder where the heck that package is!!

I remember a couple of times sending to Sask. and it took like 3-4 weeks to get my packages delivered... and I sent a friend a handwritten letter and a cd and it never arrived to her and she only  lives like 3.5 hours away from me in BC...oh and she sent me a postcard in mid-March and I didnt receive it until like last week! Am I the only one having bad luck with the postal system?!

I'm so glad you like the pendant. As for your package, I'm still waiting for it...darn living in small-town/rural Saskatchewan...I'm sure it'll arrive soon, I've been checking the mail everyday. Must just be slow service toward this area. I'll definitely let you know as soon as I get it.

vampirategurrl08 - that beaded birdie is so awesome! what technique(s) did you use to make it? I can do the peyote stitch, but this looks a little more involved than that. I'd like to learn something new so could you please give me some pointers/links/whatnot to help me? thank you!

Thanks! I made it flatstitch (using 2 needles) onto a piece of felt (like the kind hats are made of) and then a tanned-hide backing sewn on with beads around the edge (i'm not sure what that technique is called, but it's pretty easy) I make quite a lot of pendants this way, it does require some patience, but it's not hard at all to learn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Torn apart at the seams and my dreams turn to tears.

http://www.wists.com/kyy08
d
princesshammerhead

Treat people how you like to be treated!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2006 08:22:34 PM »

I'm so glad you like the pendant. As for your package, I'm still waiting for it...darn living in small-town/rural Saskatchewan...I'm sure it'll arrive soon, I've been checking the mail everyday. Must just be slow service toward this area. I'll definitely let you know as soon as I get it.

I've noticed the same thing with the mail. When I send to BC it arrives in 3 days, when I send to On. it takes weeks. Huh I also live in "Hicksville" Saskatchewan (very small/ very rural) it's almost like we are forgotten about Sad d
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If only closed minds came with closed mouths!

If the world is getting smaller, why do postage rates keep going up?

http://princesshammerhead.blogspot.com/

Personal swap anyone?
teddybearbones

I made you a bag lunch C:

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2006 09:51:47 PM »

weeks? that's terrible.. especially because canada post claims anywhere in canada in 3 days o_O
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|art| |etsy| |wists| |blog|
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2006 04:16:39 PM »

Goodness, clay pants and vampirategurll, your crafts are amazing!  Shocked  what great, great packages! the beading is wonderful! and the postcards and magnets and purses are fantastic!

What are the dimensions of the beaded bird?

EDIT:
I meant to ask, did anyone see the article in the Globe last week about the elderly gentleman who was told by Canada Post he wouldn't receive his mail unless he got a shorter mailbox? This was after him having the same mailbox for decades.  He basically said, "Screw you CP, I'm not changing my mailbox, I'll pay my bills online from now on."  There were around 50 comments posted by people applauding this guy's stand who were fed up with Canada Post's crappy, expensive service.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006 04:39:34 PM by BlooCanoe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
d
princesshammerhead

Treat people how you like to be treated!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2006 02:11:59 PM »

Quote from: yamwam Thank you, d! Your extra present is going in the mail tomorrow. I didn't make it, but I think you'll like it. I've never met anyone who didn't.
[/quote

Yamwam, I don't know what kind of glue you are using, but it is clouding your judgement! $9.21 to send a 0.172Kg package of chocolates! Thank you but you really shouldn't have. I can send you a couple of more "pizza's" for that! Again, Thank you and watch your mailbox Grin Grin d
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If only closed minds came with closed mouths!

If the world is getting smaller, why do postage rates keep going up?

http://princesshammerhead.blogspot.com/

Personal swap anyone?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Test Lab: A Hair Powder That Promises to Do It All
Beauty Test Lab: Hands Free Blow Dryer
How to Do a 90s Triple Plait
How to Get a Wind-Blown Look (That Stays That Way)
How to Make 3 Loose Ponytails
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...