A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 316,235
Currently Running With Scissors:
302 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: strong stuffing for throw pillows (and a futon cover question)  (Read 896 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

a lie mute in rum
« on: December 27, 2006 04:06:25 PM »

i want to make some throw pillows but i don't want to use the regular old stuffing.  my boyfriend totally abuses pillows so i want to stuff them with something stronger, so the pillows won't become mishapen.  plus if i put something more supportive inside them, maybe he won't feel the need to fold them in half and drive me insane.  he has completely ruined my only throw pillow this way.

what do you think?  some kind of memory-foamish stuff, surrounded by regular stuffing to make them fluffy?  that's the only thing i could come up with so far.

also, i'm looking for a futon cover and i'm really having trouble finding one.  the only place i have seen them is walmart and i don't spend money there unless i absolutely have to. (and they had a terrible selection of course.)  i've looked in target, pier 1, and bed bath & beyond and found nothing.  i work at tjmaxx so i know they don't have any.  should i give up and shop online?  should i keep on using fitted sheets like i have been?

any suggestions are appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://jessicam.wordpress.com ... there's some craft hidden among the complaints.
craftjunkie
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007 10:51:51 AM »

as afar a the futon cover you can make one using sheets.... sew the edges togehter  then when it comes to the corners fold them oppositte way  & sew them that way too so they come out in a staight line just like on the futon ...you will have to fold it from theoutside & bring it ou to look at it to understand... i had a extra futon mattress that i cut down to a twin so when my girls have a sleepover  they could sleep on that instead of the floor & had to resew the cover... plus i can store it under her twin bed out of the way..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
a lie mute in rum
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007 08:00:38 PM »

yeah, i actually bought some sheets yesterday to make my own futon cover.  i've given up trying to find one in the right color (nobody likes dark brown?) and not have to order something expensive from the internet.  i'd rather do it myself anyway.  it only cost $30 to get four sheets (i'm making it with two layers), and i already have a couple 100" zippers, so i'm all set.

i guess for the pillows i'm just going to experiment with my original idea... i'm not really worried about it right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://jessicam.wordpress.com ... there's some craft hidden among the complaints.
GrandTheftUno
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007 02:06:25 PM »

I would round off some foam rectangles (about 3 iches deep, maybe 2) just a little smaller than your pillow (eg. if you are using 17" or 18" pillow forms, use a 15" or 16" foam square, but round out the corners and the edges so its more "pillow" like, then wrap it in a lofty batting so it still has that "pillow" feeling, but hols up under use and abuse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
a lie mute in rum
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007 03:03:56 PM »

thank you!!  that's basically what i was imagining doing, so i'm glad someone else is thinking the same way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...